YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Head Stand Question
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Hatha YogaMessage format

Thushara
Posted 2005-04-25 1:38 AM (#22843)
Subject: Head Stand Question

This is a question... I wanted to ask for some time now.

When I do half head stand (Ardha Sirasasana ) I feel the pressure to my head., and sort of uneasy feeling I should say., But when I move to full headstand (Sirasasana) I do not feel that pressure to my head and feel more comfortable., the weight is more towards the shoulder area.

What is the reason for this? Is this a mistake in my ardha sirasasana the way I do ? or is this normal? Have you experienced this?

Top of the page Bottom of the page
tourist
Posted 2005-04-25 10:15 AM (#22859 - in reply to #22843)
Subject: RE: Head Stand Question

Expert Yogi

Thushara - I have had this sensation and found it happened because as I brought my legs down I was losing the lift of my shoulders. The mind likes to go with the moving part so I have to really focus on keeping my arms working and shoulder blades lifting while I move the legs. Also, if you are counterbalancing by taking the buttocks far behind your head, that will cause your head to roll a bit and that won't feel good, either. I'm sure you'll get lots of help on this one
loli
Posted 2005-04-29 6:57 AM (#23137 - in reply to #22843)

Ah Tourist, you really are a good teacher, you explain things so well.....Thank you!
tourist
Posted 2005-04-29 10:38 AM (#23147 - in reply to #23137)

Expert Yogi

Loli - I have excellent teachers The rest - especially the mistakes, comes from my practice
itchytummy
Posted 2005-05-03 4:32 PM (#23398 - in reply to #22843)

Thushara - 2005-04-24 10:38 PM

This is a question... I wanted to ask for some time now.

When I do half head stand (Ardha Sirasasana ) I feel the pressure to my head., and sort of uneasy feeling I should say., But when I move to full headstand (Sirasasana) I do not feel that pressure to my head and feel more comfortable., the weight is more towards the shoulder area.

What is the reason for this? Is this a mistake in my ardha sirasasana the way I do ? or is this normal? Have you experienced this?

It could also be that when you are in Ardha Sirasasana that you are just distributing your body weight differently than when you are actually in the full headstand. To feel more comfortable in Ardha Sirasana, you might have to readjust the way you are distributing your body weight, use different muscles than you normally use in full headstand, or just use your muscles differently.

(By the way, I like your avatar. Very clever.)
Thushara
Posted 2005-05-04 11:54 PM (#23506 - in reply to #23398)

Thank you so much tourist and Itchy for instructions.. This was a question bothering not only me other students at my studio too.. I will try doing this.

BTW Itchy tummy nice to see you in the forum again

.. !!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)