YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Yoga in the Workplace
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga WorkshopsMessage format

OM611
Posted 2005-04-26 10:56 AM (#22910)
Subject: Yoga in the Workplace

I am interested in starting a lunchtime yoga session at work. I welcome any ideas or suggestions that you more sessioned yogis might offer. Thank you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
jeansyoga
Posted 2005-04-26 1:06 PM (#22915 - in reply to #22910)
Subject: RE: Yoga in the Workplace

I have a ton of information on that! I did an 8-week "Office Yoga" course for my TT internship before getting my RYT-200. I put together a small package for my HR department, to get them to approve it, and I think I still have the plans for each class too (each week had a different theme). It is way too much to post here! If you would like, I can send you a direct e-mail with the attachments in Microsoft Word (I don't think it will work as a PM or as a post on the boards).

If anyone else wants the files, post your name here (I'll look up your address in your profile) or send me a PM. If you send me a direct e-mail, I won't get it until late this evening because I am at a different location during the day.

Jean
kulkarnn
Posted 2005-04-26 10:32 PM (#22946 - in reply to #22910)

Which location you want to have the Office Yoga Sessions? I can recommend a teacher there who can do this for you?

Neel Kulkarni
www.authenticyoga.org
Deborah Moroz
Posted 2005-05-18 4:12 PM (#24356 - in reply to #22910)

Hello. In response to your inquiry about yoga at work, I encourage you to check out www.GuruToYou.com

GuruToYou™, a Chicago based company, provides fitness, stress reduction and nutrition services at work and home. Our elite yoga instructors, personal trainers, massage therapists and registered dietitians employees get in shape in the convenience of the home or office.

Employees or employers can pay for the affordable instruction, and employees can sign up on-line. We are very selective about whom we hire to be instructors, so employees will be assured an excellent class.

Feel free to give us a call at: 888.442.4878 or send me an e-mail (dmoroz@gurutoyou.com) and I'll follow-up with you about pricing, logistics, etc.

Thank you.

Don't forget to breathe,

Deborah Moroz
main: 888.442.4878
direct: 310.439.1064
fax: 310.439.1610
www.gurutoyou.com
Balen
Posted 2005-05-19 12:41 PM (#24394 - in reply to #22910)

The company I used to work for before this blight on humanity had several things for employees one of them was Yoga. Insurance, morale, tension breaker whatever company endorsed (space, information etc all company provided)

Black and Veatch (company name) they could provide some info company wise and such.
monicacrane
Posted 2006-01-19 12:54 PM (#41432 - in reply to #22915)

Hi! I am starting Yoga in the Workplace in Victoria BC, and would really appreciate the info you have compiled on it! Bless you for sharing! Namaste, Monica
Kabu
Posted 2006-01-22 2:59 PM (#41663 - in reply to #22910)

OM611:

The studio I attend offers something called Corporate Yoga. Here's the link:

Total Body Yoga ~ it's about half way down the page.

They're in Vernon Hills. I've never experienced Yoga in the workplace (though we sure could have used it), but I know the teachers, and they're wonderful!
ruthmacculloch
Posted 2006-04-07 4:37 PM (#48933 - in reply to #22915)

Hi:

I'd very much appreciate looking at your class plans and 'themes'. I teach a noon-hour yoga class at work and I really like your themes idea.

Ruth

ruthm@kingston.net
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)