YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Poll Please Vote
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> General YogaMessage format

Please Vote
OptionResults
Vegetarian2 Votes - [6.25%]
Lacto Vegetarian1 Votes - [3.12%]
Lacto Ovo Vegetarian3 Votes - [9.38%]
Non-Vegetarian10 Votes - [31.25%]
heterosexual2 Votes - [6.25%]
Don't eat beef or pork2 Votes - [6.25%]
caffine-o sugartarian1 Votes - [3.12%]
Whole foods3 Votes - [9.38%]
Low-carb2 Votes - [6.25%]
fishietarian!!!(lacto-ovo veggie who eats fish)4 Votes - [12.5%]
Grown on the Farmerism1 Votes - [3.12%]
non porketarian1 Votes - [3.12%]
Add your own option:

Thushara
Posted 2005-04-28 4:40 AM (#23053)
Subject: Please Vote

Hi Guys , Sorry for launching this poll in this section., But as this is the most high traffic section I posted it here., I would like to know how many yogis are falling to each category., Please vote !

Lacto Vegetarian (Vegetarian Who consume Diary products

Lacto Ovo Vegetarian (Vegetarian Who eats Eggs and Diary products)

Thanks a looot
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Empress Echo
Posted 2005-04-28 11:18 AM (#23072 - in reply to #23053)
Subject: RE: Please Vote

Uh, I'm a little confused... can't one be a "heterosexual vegetarian"?  LOL  The "heterosexual" just doesn't seem to fit with the rest! 

Also, what is a "caffeine-o sugartarian"?  Only lives on coffee w/sugar?  LOL    Maybe I need more of that myself, as I'm quite baffled here!

Namaste,

Echo

MrD
Posted 2005-04-28 12:03 PM (#23076 - in reply to #23053)

I'll have to define whole foods. Trying to eat foods in their natural state, preferably, but not always organic. Veggies may be raw, but cooked if desired. (Personally I try to eat 50% raw). Whole grains and lentils Avoidance of processed foods and try to eliminate artificial flavors and additives. Use of Nuts and natural healthy fats like Olive Oil, and Flaxseed oil, and minimizing Saturated Fats. Artificial transfats avoided.

Mediterranian Diet, Provencal, or Sourthern Italian cooking are examples of this diet, as are some varieties of Asian.

My variation is trying to minimize the use of meat, but not avoid it altogether.
Mitch
Posted 2005-04-28 2:56 PM (#23085 - in reply to #23053)

Thanks for remembering us oft-neglected lacto-ovos!
jeansyoga
Posted 2005-04-28 3:34 PM (#23088 - in reply to #23053)

If I have organic brown rice with kale for lunch, and Spaghettios with meatballs for dinner, what does that make me? Bi-polar?

Posted 2005-04-28 5:43 PM (#23107 - in reply to #23088)

I'm kind of surprized that there's only one straight person on this forum.
fifi!
Posted 2005-04-28 7:19 PM (#23111 - in reply to #23053)

How come we can only vote for one thing? Should I vote for what describes me most? Like am I more heterosexual or more of a vegetarian?
Empress Echo
Posted 2005-04-28 8:51 PM (#23118 - in reply to #23107)

Bruce - 2005-04-28 5:43 PM I'm kind of surprized that there's only one straight person on this forum.

LOL!  I think the rest of us are just hopelessly confused, Bruce!

Bay Guy
Posted 2005-04-28 10:06 PM (#23122 - in reply to #23111)

Expert Yogi

fifi! - 2005-04-28 7:19 PM

How come we can only vote for one thing? Should I vote for what describes me most? Like am I more heterosexual or more of a vegetarian?

What does sexuality have to do with the topic anyway? Is there some cucumber joke
lurking here?
Thushara
Posted 2005-04-28 11:26 PM (#23128 - in reply to #23122)

My Mistake.. I shouldn't have given the option to add new field to the poll.. Im just doing a small reasearch with Yogi's food (in real world) and I dont know who messed up my little poll with heterosexual and stuff. Bad What I want is to find how many falling to those 4 categories I defined

what Do I do now? If I launch this again you guys will be I have no edit option to Poll either.., Can forum admin take other fields out.?

Edited by Thushara 2005-04-28 11:32 PM
Thushara
Posted 2005-04-29 4:45 AM (#23135 - in reply to #23085)

Mitch - 2005-04-29 1:56 AM

Thanks for remembering us oft-neglected lacto-ovos!

Mitch,

Just some info to you…
Ovo part is the bad thing of being a lacto – Ovo Vegetarian , it will dampen your Calcium & Iron absorption

I do not know whether you are a male or a female., But if you are male, I have learnt that no OVO part for males strictly. Without fish-oils around, only having eggs will make arteries, a good batting pitch for Cholesterol. Female of course have their Oestrogen standing around, armed to protect them.

loli
Posted 2005-04-29 6:51 AM (#23136 - in reply to #23053)

I have to say that I am a bit confused about the heterosexual part too....what does it matter in relation to this?
Also, consider myself a sort of veggie as I occasionally eat fish, eggs, dairy but no meat/poultry/geletine/rennet etc, and I also try my hardest to be a wholefoodie too....avoiding processed foods etc as much as possible....
tourist
Posted 2005-04-29 10:12 AM (#23143 - in reply to #23136)

Expert Yogi

Sheesh - I thought this group had a sense of humour! I didn't add the extra choices but figured out PDQ that someone was making a little funny there....

(For the non-English first-languagers: PDQ is a very old fashioned acronym for "pretty darned quick" that somehow just leapt into my middle-aged brain from my childhood brain )
Empress Echo
Posted 2005-04-29 10:44 AM (#23150 - in reply to #23053)

Thushara, I would recommend just scrapping this one and starting a new poll - without the option for others to add their own.  I think "non-vegetarian" pretty much sums up everything else, so the "other" option isn't necessary, and might save you a little grief!

Good luck!
Echo

Posted 2005-04-29 10:58 AM (#23152 - in reply to #23053)

True kiddo--I can delete this one then if you want.
Mitch
Posted 2005-04-29 1:23 PM (#23172 - in reply to #23135)

Thushara,

I'm a male. Is there a recommend egg intake? I probably only have 3 per week maximum. Would a daily vitamin supplement allieviate the calcium/iron issue?

Thanks.
sideshow
Posted 2005-04-29 1:42 PM (#23174 - in reply to #23053)

Im basically like this:

Im almost 3,000 ( thats 25 in your futile brained human years! )....okay, no really, Im basically one of these guys, who is a beanpole and can pound down pretty much whatever and not gain a pound ( yet! ).

enter SUPERMETABOLISMBOY! I mean c'mon 5'11" and only 135lbs? Anyways Im pretty much uhh, Ill eat whatever, but I have been trying to stick with chicken and like the marketfresh/subway type foods along with a healthy pasta diet cuz i love pasta!

So i guess I fall into the "Omnivorous" category at present...
Thushara
Posted 2005-05-02 1:58 AM (#23268 - in reply to #23172)

Mitch - 2005-04-30 12:23 AM

Thushara,

I'm a male. Is there a recommend egg intake? I probably only have 3 per week maximum. Would a daily vitamin supplement allieviate the calcium/iron issue?

Thanks.

Mitch Im no Doc . so I don’t know whether its right for me to tell you this. This is what a Doc advised me when I was a lacto – ovo vegetarian.., Im just telling you the same thing. But you can validate with your Doc and see

Seems its very bad for you to eat an Egg per day if you do not consume fish.
Eggs are extremely rich in pure Cholesterol. Which will directly get absorbed & U know the rest...
Other thing is, Eggs have Egg-proteins, witch bind with all minerals, mainly Iron, which will greatly reduce their absorption.
Personally I think Egg is one thing we humans should not consume, except for the amount we consume without knowledge.
Eg., the glossy surface of buns is achieved by applying egg on them.
So likewise we consume so much of eggs without our knowledge. Eg: Another example is eating cakes.

Also U are a vegetarian so you don't consume fish. Fish contain oils, which are rich in kind of Cholesterol that will dissolve bad cholesterol deposited in blood vessels & will transport it to Liver for burning.
So actually fish-oils have a reducing effect of the bad Cholesterols.
So it's not that good to consume eggs alone.

Though female hormone Oestrogen has a Cardio protective action against Cholesterol. that is not life long. That protection is lost when women reach menopause, may be at 50yrs. So piling up Cholesterol is not good, thinking Oestogen will be there to protect U forever.

May be U can eat 2-3 Eggs per week maximum.

If your purpose of eating eggs is to gain protein, you have so many plant based food which help you in that.. :Eg:
In SL, We have enough dhal in our meals. Also Soya is a good source in various forms, soya meat, soya ice cream, etc., etc..
Legumes, I mean beans, soya and things of that sort are good sources of good quality proteins.
Thushara
Posted 2005-05-02 2:02 AM (#23269 - in reply to #23152)

Bruce - 2005-04-30 9:58 PM

True kiddo--I can delete this one then if you want.

Thanks Bruce., But now I cant tell you that as there are others posts in this thread., I will do my research on a later day.. Thanks a lot

AJAX78
Posted 2005-05-02 4:31 PM (#23297 - in reply to #23053)

heterosexual?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)