YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Repositioning etiquette
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> General YogaMessage format

Al_Bert_321
Posted 2005-05-02 4:27 PM (#23295)
Subject: Repositioning etiquette

When going down face first on the mat, like doing Cobra, I find that my package get squished in an uncomfortable manner and have a need to reposition. Since classes are comprised mainly of ladies (and my instructor is also a lady), is there any particular rules when to readjust without being awkward? To date, I've tried my best to leave where my thing goes, go. But the side effect oftentimes is that it grows (aroused) because of the pressure on it as I wear either a speedo or spandex tights. Your thoughts and comments are welcomed.

Al
Top of the page Bottom of the page
jeansyoga
Posted 2005-05-02 4:52 PM (#23299 - in reply to #23295)
Subject: RE: Repositioning etiquette

I would say a minor adjustment would be less distracting to the ladies than a woody!

Seriously, plenty of embarrassing things happen in class - we all have human bodies that break wind, sweat, and get in the way from time to time. (In fact, you may want to check the "lunges" thread about how female body parts sometimes pose a problem in certain poses!). It's very important that we not get distracted from our own practice regardless of what the bodies of our classmates may do!

We ladies do appreciate your consideration for our delicate sensibilities, but the bottom line is that its YOUR practice and a little adjustment to keep you comfortable will not offend us!

Goodness, I wish the fellows in my office were this considerate. Their motto is, "If it itches, scratch it" and they don't care who notices! It is one thing to make your yoga pose suit your body better, but it is quite something else to regularly maneuver one's equipment in a professional setting!
YogaGuy
Posted 2005-05-02 6:21 PM (#23304 - in reply to #23295)

Al_Bert_321 - 2005-05-02 4:27 PM

When going down face first on the mat, like doing Cobra, I find that my package get squished in an uncomfortable manner and have a need to reposition. Since classes are comprised mainly of ladies (and my instructor is also a lady), is there any particular rules when to readjust without being awkward? To date, I've tried my best to leave where my thing goes, go. But the side effect oftentimes is that it grows (aroused) because of the pressure on it as I wear either a speedo or spandex tights. Your thoughts and comments are welcomed.

Al

Adjust as much as is necessary to get into the poses comfortably. Do NOT take it out for air.

Kabu
Posted 2005-05-02 6:54 PM (#23309 - in reply to #23304)

This reminds me of a Seinfeld episode, specifically one of Elaine's dates gone bad:

"He took it out."

"He took it out?! That can't be."

"Oh, it be."

CGG
Posted 2005-05-02 9:04 PM (#23320 - in reply to #23295)

Thanks for asking this Al. It makes me feel better about when my own female parts get in the way of poses. I don't think repositioning is rude at all. Lord knows women do it enough! I personally wouldn't get offended.
Gruvemom
Posted 2005-05-02 9:05 PM (#23321 - in reply to #23295)

ok, Al, if you are for real, I would suggest the quickest and least distracting adjustment necessary. Also, I suggest you try a less revealing outfit with a snug undergarment. This might help. In addition, no NO unnecessary touching and I mean NONE. You aren't playing baseball.
loli
Posted 2005-05-03 3:00 AM (#23341 - in reply to #23295)

Al_Bert_321 - 2005-05-03 9:27 PM

I wear either a speedo or spandex tights. Your thoughts and comments are welcomed.

Al

Don't!!!!!
Empress Echo
Posted 2005-05-03 3:54 PM (#23389 - in reply to #23295)

Why not some light, loose shorts over your speedo? 
itchytummy
Posted 2005-05-03 4:40 PM (#23400 - in reply to #23299)

jeansyoga - 2005-05-02 1:52 PM

Goodness, I wish the fellows in my office were this considerate. Their motto is, "If it itches, scratch it" and they don't care who notices! It is one thing to make your yoga pose suit your body better, but it is quite something else to regularly maneuver one's equipment in a professional setting!

Adjust as much as is necessary to get into the poses comfortably. Do NOT take it out for air.

You guys crack me up!

Edited by itchytummy 2005-05-03 4:41 PM
Al_Bert_321
Posted 2005-05-04 2:46 PM (#23467 - in reply to #23389)

Clothing over whatever I'm wearing is NOT going to help the fact my penis is contorted into some uncomfortable position that a quick tug wouldn't solve. So, as one of the readers commented, I will just have to adjust when the time comes - hopefully I won't be caught doing it though!

Empress Echo - 2005-05-03 3:54 PM

Why not some light, loose shorts over your speedo?
Empress Echo
Posted 2005-05-04 3:14 PM (#23472 - in reply to #23295)

LOL - sorry!  Not having a penis myself, it uh, is a little difficult for me to understand the tribulations involved in the care & feeding of one!   However, I see you must be right - I have some goodly sized breasts that require occasional adjustments - see my lunge post!  Crocodile pose is another one that requires boob rearrangement.  I don't think anybody would fault you for a little adjustment here & there, and I'm sure you'll be discreet as you can.

I don't attend a class, but my experience is that in most social situations like that, people are more focused on themselves anyhow

Best of luck to you!

Echo

notsoflexible
Posted 2005-05-04 6:57 PM (#23482 - in reply to #23295)

oh my I am clearly not going to the right yoga classes

I am so sure I have never seen a man aroused (in class) but perhaps this adjustment stuff is one reason my 15y/o won't go back to class with me.

afroyogi
Posted 2005-05-04 8:24 PM (#23490 - in reply to #23295)

Edited by afroyogi 2005-05-04 8:33 PM

(009.gif)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 009.gif (2KB - 79 downloads)
Bay Guy
Posted 2005-05-04 9:51 PM (#23495 - in reply to #23490)

Expert Yogi

We did a thread on this someplace about 6 months ago.

I think that I pretty much agree with Melissa on this particular post....
...assuming that there's actually a question being asked...
If your shorts are so tight that you are arosed by them (?? ??)
then go buy some looser shorts. Duh.

I mean, DUH!!!

As far as repositioning goes, do it, be discrete, and ignore anybody
who wants to watch. We're all human, after all.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)