YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

flying yogis anyone?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Philosophy and ReligionMessage format

easternsun
Posted 2005-05-04 8:13 PM (#23488)
Subject: flying yogis anyone?

well, dh is back from india - yeay! the house stinks like incense, so do my new books and everything from his pack

he is going through the period i refer to as re-entering the earth's atmosphere.....it takes about a month (it did for me) to wind down and get back to reality. if you do go to india - you will love it or hate it! i loved it and apparently so did he it is like you have this wonderful love affair with "mother india" - then you return home only to feel like your heart is broken unless you keep up the long distance love affair.

this involves: burning incense, reading more books on india , playing lots of cds laced with sitar and /or the "best of bollywood". flipping through the photos, longingly and looking a travel brouchures to see how much flights are NOW. requesting indian food for dinner every night (sorry once a week is my limit - too heavy) seriously i had chappatis for breakfast, lunch and dinner the other day and i now have a freezer full of dal!

i have some great recipes if anyone is interested in feeding a small village

everything seems too expensive when you come home - especially in japan! i can relate and sympathize with him as his heart pangs for this wonderful country we call mother india!

most of all it means that every night we sit around (on the floor ) talking about india and waxing philisophical about all things indian.

last night, mr easternsun wanted to discuss flying yogis...i have to admit that i was almost asleep during that lecture at school. i do remember one story about a yogi who stopped trains but i really did not pay proper attention during the levitation discussion. my bad!

any thoughts on those before us who flew? any one seen it? any one done it? is it one of those stories for ripleys or the guiness book (no bruce not THAT GUINESS! )

please give my some ammunition for tonights bath time talk!

oh by the way, dont ask me how or why but he is doing handstands in the lounge all the time - both feet off the floor together - no kick up, both feet nice and slow and controlled....aaarrrhhhgfffhhhh! why cant i do that?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
afroyogi
Posted 2005-05-04 9:05 PM (#23492 - in reply to #23488)
Subject: RE: flying yogis anyone?

Kira, here you are:

(airfoil.bmp)

(030.gif)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments airfoil.bmp (80KB - 250 downloads)
Attachments 030.gif (16KB - 246 downloads)
LoraB
Posted 2005-05-04 9:43 PM (#23494 - in reply to #23488)

This is great! I'd almost forgotten about the previous flying yogi discussion!

Does flying to Paris next week count? Probably not.

Kira, it sounds like you have your hands full! But it's entertaining. At least for us.
Good luck with your handstand!
Bay Guy
Posted 2005-05-04 9:55 PM (#23497 - in reply to #23494)

Expert Yogi

So sorry, but I think that yogic flying is bull****. Maybe if I ever witness it, I will
change my mind.
Thushara
Posted 2005-05-05 12:05 AM (#23508 - in reply to #23497)
Subject: RE: Ive seen flying yogis

Bay Guy - 2005-05-05 8:55 AM

So sorry, but I think that yogic flying is bull****. Maybe if I ever witness it, I will
change my mind.

Are you Crazy Bay guy???? I have seen them in Matrix

If yogis flying is bull that Nakrasana seems to be bull too

Edited by Thushara 2005-05-05 12:18 AM
Thushara
Posted 2005-05-05 1:12 AM (#23510 - in reply to #23508)
Subject: RE: Ive seen flying yogis

I like that emotic afro .. Its sooooo cooolll

Kira.... Hope you are getting ready for the next trip in December ...shhhhh...
tourist
Posted 2005-05-05 10:26 AM (#23545 - in reply to #23494)

Expert Yogi

Lora - flying to Paris sounds great! Lucky you!

Kira - I good thing mr easternsun can do those impossible soft handstands. With your paper walls in Japan, the kind I do (crashing into the walls on may occasions) would destroy the house

PS - if mr. tourist had been away for a month there would not be much online time for me for awhile.... or philosophy discussions either, for that matter

Edited by tourist 2005-05-05 10:27 AM
easternsun
Posted 2005-05-05 7:30 PM (#23600 - in reply to #23545)

tourist - 2005-05-06 12:26 AM

Lora - flying to Paris sounds great! Lucky you!

Kira - I good thing mr easternsun can do those impossible soft handstands. With your paper walls in Japan, the kind I do (crashing into the walls on may occasions) would destroy the house

PS - if mr. tourist had been away for a month there would not be much online time for me for awhile.... or philosophy discussions either, for that matter

it was four months!! but he has been visiting with the family and friends. and i can barely walk anyway! ha ha ha he is off on the next part of his journey soon - one month to walk - yes walk - around this island and visit 88 temples along the way. after that, i am not letting him out of my sight ! it is going to be a long hot summer in the city.

no kidding about the rice paper walls! he is teetering right next to (note - not inside )the door to my yoga room and would certainly go crashing through or at the very least make a big hole it it!

time is being well spent though, i am really enjoying him...we did yoga together yesterday for a couple hours - i had him sweating so much and i think it is the first time he did not fall asleep! the man has beautiful triangles - must have been a yogi in a past life.

lora have a chocolate croissant for me! i used to live in paris and i love, love, love it there!
je suis jaloux. veuillez me prendre avec vous !

stephan thanks for the pic -

where is brother neel with his take on flying yogis??
Bay Guy
Posted 2005-05-05 9:31 PM (#23608 - in reply to #23600)

Expert Yogi

Yes, where is Brother Neel? We also need his input on the question of
dualism in yoga on the "yoga and atheism" thread.
LoraB
Posted 2005-05-05 9:44 PM (#23611 - in reply to #23488)

I think Neel usually does a summer in India gig.It might still be early. Or, if his wife's migraines are indeed cured.....

kulkarnn
Posted 2005-05-11 2:42 PM (#23891 - in reply to #23488)

Dear All:
I was moving to a new apartment for my newly formed family (married in Dec, 2004). I shall complete the move on 15th and then later join you. I go to India on 12 June till 25 August. Welcome to join me.

Now, as far dualism in Yoga is concerned, I am only making a comment, I may be out of context: Patanjali Yoga has NO dualism at all, in fact it is completely NON dualistic. It reiterates what Advaita Vedanta states. This is indicated by the word anu- in anushansanam of the first sutram. However, certain commentators, wrongly have commented that it is dualistic, such as that of Vachaspati Mishra, and Vyasa, who is NOT the same Vyasa who wrote Bhagavadgita.

About my wife's migraine: She wrote to me two weeks ago: That First Time in 30 years of her life, she spend one complete month without any sign of Migraine. However, my instructions are personalized and they can not be given as a blanket solution. This applies to all the testimonials on www.authenticyoga.org.

Love and Peace
neel kulkarni
www.authenticyoga.org
Cyndi
Posted 2005-05-11 3:09 PM (#23895 - in reply to #23891)
Subject: Moving Yogis anyone???

Expert Yogi

Namaskar` Neel,

We wish you all the best in your new apartment and hope you have more trees to look at instead of the parking lot If you send me your new address, I shall like to send you a southern American traditional housewarming gift. Take care,

Cyndi & Satyam - who just got a new apartment (second home) in Atlanta...with lots of trees!!!!

Edited by Cyndi 2005-05-11 3:10 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)