YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Favorite Teacher in Yoga
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga WorkshopsMessage format

seandre
Posted 2005-05-05 12:29 PM (#23554)
Subject: Favorite Teacher in Yoga

Is Baron Baptiste considered one of the top teachers in Yoga? I think his delivery and DVDs are great. Rodney Yee on the other hand is boring.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
easternsun
Posted 2005-05-05 8:00 PM (#23602 - in reply to #23554)
Subject: RE: Favorite Teacher in Yoga

i will respond that both of these men are probably two of the more recognizable american yoga icons . "top teacher" is a subjective thing - wouldnt you agree?

i have enjoyed reading baron baptiste's books - i found them inspirational, yet i dont practice his brand of power yoga and i quite like watching rodney in action on video, but that could be more to do with his ballet/yoga body than it has to do with his teaching capabilities per se.

i dont have a favourite because i simply have not practiced with every teacher. the top teacher is one who YOU find helps your growth and development as a yoga practitioner the most -- not necessarily the one who sells the most books and dvds and has a good p.r. manager.....(and the TOP teacher might be just around the corner ) or even here on this forum

Bay Guy
Posted 2005-05-05 9:39 PM (#23609 - in reply to #23602)

Expert Yogi

I agree with Kira. "Top teacher" just means "best publicity". If you have a need to work
with someone famous, you can certainly get there. But if you are looking for a teacher
who will provide you with the best teaching for you, that may not be someone famous.

They say that the right teacher appears to the student at the right time. They also say that
the way you connect with the right teacher is to want to find that teacher earnestly.
Both of these have statements have been correct in own my experience.

The best teacher for me is not the best teacher for you, nor visa versa. Good teachers
may become famous, but fame is not the measure of your teacher.

Gruvemom
Posted 2005-05-06 4:34 PM (#23665 - in reply to #23609)

My fave teacher is one that I go to every week. my fave "famous" teacher is Bryan Kest.
itchytummy
Posted 2005-05-11 1:04 PM (#23885 - in reply to #23665)

I totally agree with Bay Guy on this one. The best teacher for one person may not be the best for another. I've had classes with teachers who I thought weren't that great at all, but others thought these teachers were wonderful. As a yoga teacher myself, I've experienced some people absolutely love me, while others could do without me. It's all in the eye of the beholder. Famous does not always equal good (or vice-versa--I've had classes with teachers that were awesome but no one knows about them).
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)