YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sweaty Feet
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> General YogaMessage format

jbeanbutterfly
Posted 2005-05-09 9:23 AM (#23745)
Subject: Sweaty Feet

Slightly embarassing, but I have really sweaty feet...not stinky, just sweaty. Five mintues into yoga, my feet are so damp that I slide off of my sticky mat. Is there anything I can do to prevent this? I end up chucking my mat across the room, and just practice on the carpet. I read the carpet post, but I don't understand why the carpet would be dangerous. I guess most people don't slide off their mats like I do. Any advice?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
jeansyoga
Posted 2005-05-09 11:12 AM (#23751 - in reply to #23745)
Subject: RE: Sweaty Feet

I was a little puzzled by the carpet post too, unless it's a very deep pile with a big pad underneath - maybe that would make balance poses unsteady. When I practice at home I never use my mat. The carpet works fine, plus if I rolled out my sticky mat it would get instantly covered with dog and cat hair!

I don't get sweaty feet, but my palms sweat like mad and the result is the same - scary slippage. You might try keeping a towel handy for drying your feet, or even stationing it at the rear of your mat so you'll have it ready to absorb extra foot wetness at all times! You'll find some mats work better for you than others. I liked Bheka mats (www.bheka.com) and the natural rubber mats. Although I'm finding the natural rubber mat is starting to disintegrate. I'll just buy another one if it gets too crumbly, I like it that much.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)