YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bryan Kest
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga WorkshopsMessage format

Gruvemom
Posted 2005-09-07 1:18 PM (#31186)
Subject: Bryan Kest

I'm so excited!  He's going to be at a local gym/studio next week and I'm going with a friend!

Only thing... it's a Master Level class.... has anyone done this workshop w/ him before and if so... how has it differed from other workshops?  This is the 3rd or 4th live class I've done w/ him and have enjoyed all the others.

Hope someone has some input!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2005-09-07 4:05 PM (#31195 - in reply to #31186)
Subject: RE: Bryan Kest

he's going to be in the philly area next week too--on thursday. it's going to be held at a hotel, but it's sponsored by still point yoga studio. i wish that i could go--but i'm teaching that nite!
Gruvemom
Posted 2005-09-14 4:21 PM (#31860 - in reply to #31195)

OMG, GREAT GREAT workshop!  Unfortunately, the body/ energy gave out at about 9:30 and BK still had 45 mins of yoga left in him!

Hoping he'll come back to some local studios - he certainly seemed into it!

jeansyoga
Posted 2005-12-16 10:29 AM (#39037 - in reply to #31186)

Hey Melissa - I found out he is going to do a spring workshop in Michigan! Is it worth $350, do you think? It does sound like fun! It's up at a camp way up in Middle-of-Nowhereland this coming May. I think I might have to give it a shot!!

Wanna come up to Michigan and go too?
Gruvemom
Posted 2005-12-16 2:02 PM (#39060 - in reply to #39037)

Tell me more, Jeans and I'll let you know.   Generally, I think it would be worth it to me, but I've taken classes with him so I know what I'm in for.  His brashness, outspoken and slightly irreverant manner isn't for everyone.

Is he doing it w/ his brother Jonny?

tell me!

Oh, and Michigan in winter???? I think not!   but really, I'd love to do it but have an Anusara immersion in Jan.
jeansyoga
Posted 2005-12-17 11:54 AM (#39138 - in reply to #31186)

In May, just Bryan. http://www.yogainthewoods.com/Events.htm
Gruvemom
Posted 2005-12-20 9:04 PM (#39306 - in reply to #39138)

Jeans, meals and accomodations are included?! I think you are onto something...  Sounds great.  If it was local, I would absolutely do it!
jeansyoga
Posted 2005-12-20 9:55 PM (#39325 - in reply to #31186)

So it's a good deal, you think? It looks like meals and lodging are included, and May is actually pretty nice in MI. Things are starting to turn green and flowery, and the bugs aren't awake yet (though I guess the green and flowery isn't as impressive if you haven't spent the previous 5 months in the depressing grey/brown of winter). With Kest's strong classes I don't think I'll have much energy for the kayaking and hiking they talk about, but it really sounds pretty up there. I'm feeling more and more like it would be crazy to pass it up. Great yoga workshops don't come to Michigan too often.

If you change your mind and need airport transportation or a place to stay for a few extra days, you know where to find me! By that time I should be living up in "the thumb" area, not outrageously far from that camp (not next door, but just a bit of a drive). And we always have plenty of extra room, as long as you're not allergic to dogs & cats!
Gruvemom
Posted 2005-12-21 8:22 AM (#39341 - in reply to #39325)

Sounds great! I generally move heaven and earth to go to BK's classes when he's in town.  Yes, his classes are powerful and tough, but he doesn't actually expect you to do what he says, just as much as you can do. Oh, he does expect you to challenge yourself, though!

After the post thanksgiving class, I'm even more interested.  Maybe I'll win the lottery - then I'll take both of us, YogaDancer and the "IronJohns" too! ;<}
mishoga
Posted 2006-01-03 6:31 PM (#40144 - in reply to #31186)

Expert Yogi

Oh, I just received my Kripula book. I want to go to that weekend. going to see if I can swing it. Anyone definitely planning on going? It's in MA.
How long of a drive is that from Long Island?
Mishy

Edited by mishoga 2006-01-03 6:32 PM
Gruvemom
Posted 2006-01-03 7:07 PM (#40145 - in reply to #40144)

It's a pretty drive, Mish!  I think the Hudson Parkway is the way you go, but they'll have better directions or MapQuest it.

I would say it's a 3ish hour drive from NYC
Gruvemom
Posted 2006-01-03 7:14 PM (#40146 - in reply to #40145)

OMG, Mish!  If I weren't already looking at beaucoup $$ for yoga workshops this year, I would do that with you!  Hell, I'd even share a room (with private bath) with you!

LSD is an amazing routine and it changed my life.... all of a sudden, in the middle of the routine, I just "got it".  and my practice and my life have been so much better ever since.

I wonder what a weekend of LSD will be like.  IMO that workshop will sell out fast, so make your reservations!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)