YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Knee problem, 23 yrs, pls help
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Fitness -> Injuries and rehabMessage format

adam101
Posted 2005-09-19 9:02 AM (#32367)
Subject: Knee problem, 23 yrs, pls help

hello sirs, I m a 23 years male .. and for the last 3 months i m having pain in my knees (left more) .. when there is some pressure on it like when i walk while carrying weight ... ..pain sometimes is there even while sitting.. .. as per doctors there r chances of reduced greace material in knee .. .. adviced me not to bend knees more than 90 degrees.. and say exercise is the ultimate remedy to it. yoga being the first and ultimate .... i seek help in what yoga will cure me? pls help. i'll be very thankful to u.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kulkarnn
Posted 2005-09-19 9:57 AM (#32370 - in reply to #32367)
Subject: RE: Knee problem, 23 yrs, pls

Adam:
Depending on where you are, find a good teacher with a) prolonged experience in Yoga Instruction b) in teaching persons with modalitiesor knee problems such as yours, ETC. And, go to him.

If you do not find one, try to go where you find one.

Neel Kulkarni
www.authenticyoga.org
hillacinth
Posted 2005-09-19 10:32 AM (#32377 - in reply to #32367)
Subject: RE: Knee problem, 23 yrs, pls help

I don't know what experienced yoga practitioners think of this book, but I've found "Yoga for Healthy Knees" by Sandy Blaine to be quite helpful. Doing the full routine for just a couple of weeks made my knee pain nearly vanish. (I was feeling so cocky that I then went mountain biking and wore high heels for 3 workdays in a row, so I'm back to square one or two now.) Anyway, good luck---having knee problems is very frustrating, I know.
kulkarnn
Posted 2005-09-19 11:13 AM (#32378 - in reply to #32367)

hillacinth:
What do you mean by you went back to square one or two? And, what is meant by cocky?

R U saying that you took back the practice which originally messed up the knees? Then you need another book in addition!!!

As for the book you read, I shall see in borders next time. But, one can easily see in preface etc, the properties I indicated above.

Now, do not go back to any squares, just go round and round in circles!!!!

Neel Kulkarni
www.authenticyoga.org
Orbilia
Posted 2005-09-19 11:26 AM (#32380 - in reply to #32378)

*LOL*

Being 'cocky' refers to the way a cockerel struts around his yard looking smug about all his ladies without much cause. In this context, unjustified over-confidence led to a relapse of the original condition.

Square one is a reference to the board game, Snakes and Ladders. If your dice throw lands you on the head of a snake, you drop down the snake to it's tail, i.e. you get taken further away from the finish line. In this case, the sufferer is back to having knees as painful as before starting the special yoga programme to heal the knees.

Fee

Edited by Orbilia 2005-09-19 11:28 AM
hillacinth
Posted 2005-09-20 11:06 AM (#32457 - in reply to #32378)

kulkarnn - 2005-09-19 11:13 AM

R U saying that you took back the practice which originally messed up the knees? Then you need another book in addition!!!

You're right, I think I do need another book, like "How to Not Do Things You Know Are Bad for You"! Or maybe a ten-step program, High Heel Addicts Anonymous.

I have read, though, that practicing yoga may eliminate your desire for bad stuff like sugar, caffeine, high heels, etc. over time. Let's hope!

At any rate, I applaud Adam's doctors for telling him to start doing yoga for his knee issues. Whenever I've asked doctors about my knee pain, they just say "you have chondromalacia," and tell me to stop doing high-impact activities, strengthen my quadriceps, and cross-train more.

It's only now I'm beginning to see that my knee problems are probably a symptom of postural alignment problems, and that these same postural alignment problems also contribute to the bunions that develop on my feet. It seems obvious now that these symptoms both occur as part of the same malfunctioning system, but it's something I didn't even think of before, what with the doctors treating each as a problem unto itself.

Bye--
LH
kulkarnn
Posted 2005-09-20 4:55 PM (#32480 - in reply to #32367)
Subject: RE: Knee problem, 23 yrs, pls help

hillacinth:
Thanks for the acceptance. Also, Yoga practice does not always take you out of addiction. it depends on what practice you are doing. For example, you can easily find very good looking, very strong, very flexible, and very shapely Hathayoga practitioners eating more than necessary, eating sugary, etc. You will get rid of addiction if you practice with the intention of giving up those things. So, my suggestion is to add prayer to your practice with whatever intention you have.

Best Luck
neel kulkarni
www.authenticyoga.org
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)