YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

changing from Bikram
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Bikram YogaMessage format

Posted 2009-06-12 1:18 PM (#116489 - in reply to #116471)
Subject: RE: changing from Bikram

Ram - 2009-06-11 1:08 PM

One can argue any form of Yoga is "way out there". I dont get offended by people's views of yoga, it's such a beautiful practise I'm just grateful I discovered it.
I think it's a great idea to check out other yoga's until you discover what's good for you.

A yoga practice is very personal. It is like sex (or food or any of the basic human needs). Either what you are doing and how you are doing it is working for you and you are happy, or you need to experiment until you find something that will work for you. That said, all ideas as to whether a particular yoga practice or style is "spiritual" or not is purely in the mind of the practitioner. You can make everything "spiritual" or nothing "spiritual". It is simply how you choose to view things. It has absolutely nothing to do with the things themselves.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
shona
Posted 2009-06-16 8:19 PM (#116536 - in reply to #32400)
Subject: RE: changing from Bikram

Gogirl58, I went from Bikram to hot vinyasa and never went back. If you cannot find a hot vinyasa class I would recommend any class billed as vinyasa flow or power yoga. You could also try ashtanga but that is rather regimented (same series). Good luck.
amyf
Posted 2009-06-19 9:35 AM (#116578 - in reply to #32400)
Subject: Re: changing from Bikram

Veteran

I have been thinking about doing something diff in my hot room too. I have TONS of other sequences downloaded ..... hmmmm will have to give it a try soon I think.
The thing is I am not familiar yet w/ the times I have tried them (out of the hot room) I did not feel like I fully understood the direction. I will have to take time to just sit and listen and watch the video. Some thing that would be I am sure useful anyway to my practice

Edited by amyf 2009-06-19 9:41 AM
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)