YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Yoga in MI
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga WorkshopsMessage format

jeansyoga
Posted 2005-10-02 3:15 PM (#33522)
Subject: Yoga in MI

Have any of you ever attended workshops through Prana Yoga in Grand Blanc, or through Yoga in the Woods in Goodrich (both in Michigan)? I am not sure what Prana offers, I know Bryan Kest visits Yoga in the Woods about once a year. Both places are semi-close to my parents home and I would like to check them out. Just looking for a little feedback! They both sound fantastic, but Michigan is not well-known as the home of fantastic yoga studios. So I'm skeptical.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2005-10-03 1:03 PM (#33580 - in reply to #33522)
Subject: RE: Yoga in MI

well, i recommend hitting a class the next time you visit your parents. I do this all the time--no matter where i go. so, what does it hurt? if you don' tlike it, you've lost, what, an hour and a half and $15? that's not bad. i mean, i wasted more time and less money in bad movies.
Gruvemom
Posted 2005-10-11 12:41 AM (#34107 - in reply to #33580)

Jean, doesn't Jonny Kest own Yoga in the Woods?  I could be wrong.  Either way, being a Bryan Kest devotee, I'd go to YIW. just my opinion... 'course you could do one class at both...
ommo
Posted 2007-04-20 3:12 PM (#83849 - in reply to #33522)

Hello

I know this is a old post butI teach a few classes at yoga in the woods. I was wondering if you have ever made it out to visit? It is a great studio and I would highly recommend it. All the teachers there are well trained and the atmoshpere ihere is the one of the best there I have experienced
jeansyoga
Posted 2007-04-20 6:08 PM (#83862 - in reply to #33522)

Ommo - what is your real name?? I haven't been out to the YITW studio, but I was at the Bryan Kest retreat last year and just went to the Beryl Bender Birch session a few weeks ago.

Honestly, I'm not a big astanga person - I respect it tremendously, but it just doesn't always feel so right in my personal body. Nevertheless, I keep wanting to make it to the studio but not getting there! I was planning to attend Maria's hatha class this past Wed but am stuck in bed with an upper respiratory infection. At the BBB session, I was told that I'd probably love Courtney's classes, but she teaches at all the same times I'm teaching at the Genesys Athletic Club! DANG!

Even though I don't like astanga, I'd love to take one of Maureen's classes. She is just the coolest. I hear she's a brute in class, though! We'll see how much my back can take. The between-pose vinyasas are torture on these rickety old lumbars.

Another problem is, I hate china gel!!! I don't enjoy a savasana massage much anyway, but china gel feels like napalm on my skin. So, I'm working on making up a NO CHINA GEL t-shirt for practice!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)