YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

unscented lotion for aromather
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Massage -> General MassageMessage format

purplelotus
Posted 2005-11-21 12:35 PM (#37115)
Subject: unscented lotion for aromather

Does anyone know of a good unscented lotion to make your own lotion using essential oils?
thank you
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Cyndi
Posted 2005-11-21 1:52 PM (#37119 - in reply to #37115)
Subject: RE: unscented lotion for aromather

Expert Yogi

I make a sloughing/foot scrub using Jojoba Oil, Peppermint and Sea Salt. As for lotions, I buy them pre-made, however, you could take just about any unscented lotion and add a few drops of the EO to get the desired fragrance with no problems. You may want to play around with it as the EO will alter how the lotion feels on your skin. I like Better Botanicals lotion. I can't see why you can't take their Kokum Butter and add an EO or two to it. It already smells nice to me. My favorite lotion is Williams-Sonoma's Lavender, while I use EO's Lavender Soap in my bathroom. In my kitchen I like Persian Lime for hand/lotion soap. Unfortunately they discontinued and altered their soap/lotion lines I wasn't real happy with some of them. But overall, Williams Sonoma has a great line of lotions and soaps which I don't have to fool with. Whole Foods and Earthfare's carry some good brands too. Do a recipe search on google, I bet you find all kinds of lotion recipes using Essential Oils. Once my daughter had head lice. I used this great recipe using Cinnamon Oil and Tea Tree Oil mixed with Olive Oil. Worked better than the crap in the drugstore and was user friendlier. Good luck with it.
purplelotus
Posted 2005-11-21 6:36 PM (#37155 - in reply to #37115)

tHANK YOU Cyndi

I was thinking on making them for christmas...

I'll check out those sites
Cyndi
Posted 2005-11-22 10:03 AM (#37213 - in reply to #37155)

Expert Yogi

Here's a basic recipe that I have. For a full body application, take 15 to 20 drops of pure EO to each 1 ounce of unscented (vegetable source) base lotion.

This thread made me think about what I would do for gifts if it were me. I would go and buy the lotion in a large bottle, remove all stickers. Then I would provide several EO's that would compliment each other and provide recipes to go along with it. I would provide say a recipe for dry skin, oily skin and sensitive skin. If I knew what that person liked or needed I would eliminate a certain type that I knew they would not need. You can also make your own stickers for the lotion bottle with all the directions too. If you go to an aromatherapy store, usually they can make up combinations for you, or bottles of the EO...otherwise, Aura Cacia has a nice line of blends, which is what I used mostly cause it's easy to get and you can order off their website - they also provide bottles too! Here's their site url:

http://www.frontiercoop.com/shop/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=ac
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)