YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

does anyone here do anusara?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Anusara YogaMessage format

raku
Posted 2005-11-21 1:27 PM (#37117)
Subject: does anyone here do anusara?

just checking.

I am wondering how John Friends European Tour was for anyone who went. Did
anyone on our forum from Europe attend any of his workshops---and how was it for
you. Did you like it/what did he teach---etc.

would love to hear peoples experiences!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Gruvemom
Posted 2005-11-24 7:04 AM (#37409 - in reply to #37117)
Subject: RE: does anyone here do anusar

MIAMI IN TWO WEEKS !!!!! YAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!
raku
Posted 2005-11-25 12:14 AM (#37459 - in reply to #37117)
Subject: RE: does anyone here do anusara?

Yeah GruveMom!!!!
it is going to rock....was just in encinitas (ca) for teacher immersion. (was very awesome-
- deep- personally clarifying) miami is coming up fast! do take notes - share details!!! I
came so close to going...then got booked (for work). we could've met. i like that.
kate
Gruvemom
Posted 2005-11-25 7:04 AM (#37465 - in reply to #37459)

Oh, too bad, Kate!  I wish I'd signed up for the teacher week, but at the time I didn't have a job to pay for it and now I have a job and have to work! ugh...

anyway, the hurricane did a job on our original venue and now we're all over the place, but I look forward to going b/c most of my kula will be there and we're all in the same group
raku
Posted 2005-11-27 12:05 AM (#37569 - in reply to #37117)
Subject: RE: does anyone here do anusara?

GruveMom,
excellent! it is fun to go with your group. How is it with all of you teachers? good?
do you teach already?
a couple years ago, I went to a 3-day work shop in Miami and it was a beautiful place
to be in this time of year. It got hit pretty hard by the hurricane wilma, I understand.
I heard the teacher training was almost canecelled! I knew they would figure a way to
hold the training---yoga prevails!

ps how was the conference & what did you think of the "be present" pants? any other
good finds to share?!
Gruvemom
Posted 2005-11-27 2:46 PM (#37590 - in reply to #37569)

All of my teachers are great. I'm not teaching yet, haven't done a teacher training. I'm hoping to do Jordan Bloom's immersion in Jan.  After that, I'm hoping he'll do another intro to teaching Anusara course and then I'll probably start teaching as an elective at my dd's school. 
Unfortunately, John Friend won't be bringing his TT back when he comes back in March, so I may do Betsey Downing in '07(which is more $$ than I really have to commit right now).  But we'll see what Jordan's doing by then...

The convention was great. I volunteered at the registration desk which is a real hoot.  You get to interact with the staff more, which gives a better look into yoga as a business, how the teachers are as business people/humans and you get the good gossip.  Also, you get to find out which classes might be the most interesting, because those are the classes that people are trying to switch into time and again.  (That's how I heard about Bryan Kest @ the '03 convention and his class changed my life)

Wilma whacked the heck out of S. Florida - I was without electric and phone for 10 days and there were people who were without for 2+ weeks.  I understand that the original venue for the TT was almost completely demolished but the community got together and found 2 new venues, one for the TT and one for the weekend.  My friend volunteered his studio (www.yoga1.net) but it wasn't in Miami Beach (where people are already booked into hotels). Maybe next year!

As for finds at the Yoga Conference "Expo"... Satya jewellery was there and they have beautiful things, as did another jewellery stand, but I can't remember their name... I Love Yoga was there (the owner is a friend of a friend) I think some of their stuff is cute but their sizes run small for me.  I loved loved LOVED Be Present. The clothes all feel great.  The chakra camis and the sheer Ganesh Ts are incredibly soft. The pants look like nice, they sit just right on my body and stretch from here to Italy - I can also verify that BP clothes won't shrink in the dryer.

Normally, I would not spend $60ish on pants just for yoga but I won't feel like a wierdo if I decide to wear them out to breakfast before class or to run errands afterwards. I do have to say that they are thin, so I might not wear them so much in the winter.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)