YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Yeast Infections-Need Advice
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Bikram YogaMessage format

Miabella704
Posted 2005-12-04 3:28 PM (#38199 - in reply to #37972)
Subject: RE: Yeast Infections-Need Advice

There's only a "connection" if we choose for there to be one. If you happen to be gay there's no connection at all.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kulkarnn
Posted 2005-12-04 9:56 PM (#38220 - in reply to #37972)
Subject: RE: Yeast Infections-Need Advi

Now, let me tell you a totally true and interesting thing, or connection.

When an embryo is formed in the womb of a mother, the boy and girl has exactly same sexual organ at the beginning. That organ when develops, slowly turns into female sexual organs (ovaries, uterus, vagina, etc.) if the baby is going to be girl, or into male sexual organs (testes, penus, etc.). Actually, Penis and Vagina are formed from exactly same Root Organ. So, there is connection.

Neel Kulkarni
http://www.authenticyoga.org
Bay Guy
Posted 2005-12-04 11:00 PM (#38227 - in reply to #38220)

Expert Yogi

The same, only different, no?
Orbilia
Posted 2005-12-05 5:49 AM (#38237 - in reply to #38220)

There are actually two prototype sets of organs in early development : The Mulleran Tract and the Wolfian Tract.

Quoting (http://www.urologyhealth.org/adult/index.cfm?cat=11&topic=110):

The development of the human embryo into a male or female is a complex process that is both dynamic and sequential. Interference with this highly ordered process at any step could result in abnormal sexual differentiation.

At the moment of conception, the mother imparts an X (female) chromosome and the father an X or Y (male) chromosome, creating either an XX (female) or XY (male) embryo. Despite this immediate definition of genetic sex, male and female embryos are identical with respect to internal and external genitalia until the seventh or eighth week of pregnancy. In these early weeks, embryos have two gonads – undefined organs that, during the pregnancy, will develop into testicles or ovaries based on whether the embryo carries the Y chromosome. This chromosome carries the gene responsible for testicle formation, and it is the secretion of testosterone that determines how internal and external genitalia will develop.

Young embryos at this stage also have both male and female internal genital structures. Depending on secretion of testosterone, one set of internal structures will regress, becoming either distinctly male (prostate and vas deferens) or distinctly female (uterus, fallopian tubes and vagina). It is important to note that it is the absence of the male hormones – rather than the presence of female ones – which causes the external and internal genitalia to become female. By the end of the first trimester, embryos can be recognized as having male or female external genitalia. The formation of the internal and external genitalia is called sexual differentiation.

/end quote.

Fee

Edited by Orbilia 2005-12-05 5:50 AM
Miabella704
Posted 2005-12-05 6:59 AM (#38238 - in reply to #37972)

Because our reproductive organs are internal we have different maladies and issues than men. In fact, we generally have more problems because of this.
Orbilia
Posted 2005-12-05 8:10 AM (#38241 - in reply to #38238)

This puts me in mind of a conversation a friend had with her young son when she was expecting another child.

She carefully answered his questions.... Mummie's special place for the baby to grow....... pushing him/her out....etc

His response? "Why don't you just have a door in your tummy, Mummy?"

D@mn fine question I thought

Fee

Edited by Orbilia 2005-12-05 8:11 AM
Miabella704
Posted 2005-12-05 8:34 AM (#38242 - in reply to #37972)

When I was pregnant with Hunter, Scott was 6 years old. He was very worried about me giving birth and how I'd fare. I didn't really understand his fear until he explained that because the baby was in my "stomach" I'd have to throw him up when he was ready to come out. When I told him how the baby would be born he said, "That isn't much better"....lol.
Cyndi
Posted 2005-12-05 9:27 AM (#38243 - in reply to #38220)

Expert Yogi

kulkarnn - 2005-12-04 9:56 PM

Now, let me tell you a totally true and interesting thing, or connection.

When an embryo is formed in the womb of a mother, the boy and girl has exactly same sexual organ at the beginning. That organ when develops, slowly turns into female sexual organs (ovaries, uterus, vagina, etc.) if the baby is going to be girl, or into male sexual organs (testes, penus, etc.). Actually, Penis and Vagina are formed from exactly same Root Organ. So, there is connection.

Neel Kulkarni
http://www.authenticyoga.org

I was referring to the EXTERNAL connection, when the penis and vagina *realize* after they break free from Root Organ....making babies is an entirely different connection Neelbhai, however, we could say that making babies is a RE-CONNECTION of some sort,

Edited by Cyndi 2005-12-05 9:29 AM
Mel
Posted 2010-05-30 11:50 PM (#123246 - in reply to #37972)
Subject: Re: Yeast Infections-Need Advice

Dear Ram,

I realize this post is 5 years old, but I am having the same issue you describe in your original post.
Been practicing about Bikram 1 -2 x a week for 1.5 years. I was never prone to yeast infections in the past and it has been chronic for about a year. I've been abstinent for over a year, I've tested negative for herpes and chlamydia. My diet is for the most part sugar and flour free. I've adhered to even stricter candida free diets for 4-6 weeks with no permanent relief.

I did notice when I was on vacation 2 weeks ago the yeast infection seemed to have disappeared. I had been eating a strict candida free diet up until my vacation. On my vacation I did have some alcohol and sugar, but nothing excessive. However, there was a 10 day period with no Bikram yoga. Since returning from vacation my diet candida free, I've been to 4 - 5 classes and the yeast infection is again now in full-force.

I'd hate to give up Bikram, but if that if that would provide permanent relief I am open to it. It's been a full-time job trying to shopping, prepping, and cooking to be sure I have candida free meals on hand at all times. At this point finding another yoga style instead of trying to eat candida free without hiring a personal chef / assistant is a more practical approach.

Thanks so much for your post. Please let me know how you made out. Did you switch yoga styles to find permanent relief?

Edited by Mel 2010-05-30 11:53 PM
Mel
Posted 2010-05-30 11:59 PM (#123247 - in reply to #37972)

Please let me know how you made out. Did you switch yoga styles to find permanent relief?
fleximonkey
Posted 2010-10-29 12:40 PM (#125831 - in reply to #37972)

New User

Hello everyone,

I know this post is old, but it seems like a lot of people are still having this problem and I didn't see my solution posted, so I thought it would be helpful to share.

When I started going to class on average about 5x a week, I also began to get chronic yeast infections. I had tried over-the-counter products, but it only alleviated the symptoms for a few days, then they would recur (it was also becoming expensive). I talked to my GYN, and she did a culture, which confirmed my suspicions.

I told my GYN I did Bikram yoga, and she prescribed Diflucan (fluconazole). It's a small pink tablet taken orally as-needed. She suggested I take it once a week to prevent any infections while I'm practicing regularly, but to conserve, I only take one at the first sign of infection. If my (male) partner is infected, he also takes one at the same time to kill the infection on both ends. Since I started on the Diflucan, I get infections less frequently, and when I do, I'm only suffering for maybe half a day until the pill kicks in. I would never get through the 60 day challenge without it!

On the other end of the spectrum, she also recommended that I wear shorts made of moisture-wicking material, like shakti shorts, etc. I don't wear underwear with my shorts in class, but I do shower immediately after.

Hope this helps someone!
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)