YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Elena Brower on Fit Yoga
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Anusara YogaMessage format

YogaGuy
Posted 2005-12-11 11:02 PM (#38680)
Subject: Elena Brower on Fit Yoga

I highly recommend picking up a copy of Fit Yoga (the November issue). Elena Brower is on the cover and the interview is great! She is one of my favorite teachers!

Top of the page Bottom of the page
tourist
Posted 2005-12-12 10:37 AM (#38704 - in reply to #38680)
Subject: RE: Elena Brower on Fit Yoga

Expert Yogi

I am really not fond of tha mag at all but they have had some pretty good interviews in the past. Perhaps that will be their market niche. People buy Playboy for the interviews so I guess I could buy FY for the interviews, I suppose
YogaGuy
Posted 2005-12-12 11:18 AM (#38725 - in reply to #38680)

I have never bought the mag before...although I have looked at it in the store. This issue was suprisingly good, IMHO. Better than the last few issues of YJ that I read. Although, the Elena Brower interview is the best part for sure.

jeansyoga
Posted 2005-12-12 2:51 PM (#38748 - in reply to #38680)

The last issue had a big article on Thai Massage featuring one of my posture teachers, Jonas Westring! That was pretty cool too. I wonder if the mag is coming around and approaching yoga from some more traditional angles and not just looking at it as another way to work out?

I generally don't enjoy that magazine as much as some others either, but I always feel it's useful to get as many perspectives as possible. I look at it like, what if I had a new student and his or her only exposure to yoga was a copy of this magazine? What preconceptions would he or she have? It's interesting to me to look at it that way. That's why I have to read the articles that irk me sometimes, because sometimes it helps explain why people walk in with a certain mindset.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up YG! Fit Yoga's hard to find around here, I'll have to go to the BIG bookstore and see if I can nab a copy!
YogaGuy
Posted 2005-12-13 1:02 AM (#38809 - in reply to #38748)

Jean
I think that's the same issue! Look at the cover. November? Go to page 68. Elena Brower.

jeansyoga - 2005-12-12 2:51 PM

The last issue had a big article on Thai Massage featuring one of my posture teachers, Jonas Westring! That was pretty cool too. I wonder if the mag is coming around and approaching yoga from some more traditional angles and not just looking at it as another way to work out?

I generally don't enjoy that magazine as much as some others either, but I always feel it's useful to get as many perspectives as possible. I look at it like, what if I had a new student and his or her only exposure to yoga was a copy of this magazine? What preconceptions would he or she have? It's interesting to me to look at it that way. That's why I have to read the articles that irk me sometimes, because sometimes it helps explain why people walk in with a certain mindset.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up YG! Fit Yoga's hard to find around here, I'll have to go to the BIG bookstore and see if I can nab a copy!
SharonNYC
Posted 2005-12-13 10:17 AM (#38830 - in reply to #38680)

I've been avoiding this magazine, but I've enjoyed the classes I've taken with Elena -- so I'll look for this issue.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)