YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Not to toot my own horn...but
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Hatha YogaMessage format

Ravi
Posted 2005-12-30 8:01 PM (#39892)
Subject: Not to toot my own horn...but

Om All,

The very first time I ever saw someone go into scorpion my jaw dropped. I figured there was no way on god's green earth I would ever in the slightest be able to do it.

Granted my feet are a million miles from the top of my head I was able to balance in the posture for several breaths, which felt like several hours...lol

I would assume maybe a bit more wheel to open my back more in order to lower my feet........?

My son and I out of pure boredom decided to time ourselves in our favorite poses also today, that little **** stayed in Sarvangasana for 25 minutes............... while I was able to hold my headstand for 10 minutes. I should add that my son is only 9 with acute cerebral palsy. I can say that I am mighty proud of him.

Om Shanti,
Ravi

Top of the page Bottom of the page
*Fifi*
Posted 2005-12-30 8:09 PM (#39893 - in reply to #39892)
Subject: RE: Not to toot my own horn...but

Awesome! Would like to see pictures of your next scorpion. It's a beautiful pose and everyone looks amazing in it. (But I can't do it - yet)

Good for your son. What are some of his favorite poses?
tourist
Posted 2005-12-30 8:45 PM (#39899 - in reply to #39892)

Expert Yogi

That is awesome Ravi! Getting into some of these challenging poses is tough enough but the first time you actually stay long enough to breathe, let alone count your breaths, it is worth a big cheer!!! It is great that you are working with your son as well - or maybe playing is the best description It can only be good for him and fun for both of you
Miabella704
Posted 2005-12-30 11:37 PM (#39904 - in reply to #39892)

Yoga is great for kids. I've always said if I ever taught yoga I'd teach special needs kids.

My 10 year old son has been practicing yoga with me since he was 3. I remember seeing him sitting meditatively in lotus with his eyes closed at that age. It was so cute. I wish I'd gotten a picture of him.

I'm glad your son shares your love of yoga. It's a wonderful thing to pass to your children.
kulkarnn
Posted 2005-12-31 7:24 PM (#39980 - in reply to #39892)
Subject: RE: Not to toot my own horn...

Ravi:
Congratulations to your son, and you as a great dad, and to Miabella. I got two boys in my class today, one 8 year old with ADHD (who I shall prove all of you that is having NO ADHD, if he continues the practice of next 2 months), and another 9 year old (who shall prove himself that he is world class Yoga Student, if he continues the practice for 1 year, and his family supports him).

Cyndi
Posted 2005-12-31 8:34 PM (#39989 - in reply to #39980)
Subject: RE: Not to toot my own horn...

Expert Yogi

Neelbhai,

There is no such thing as ADHD or ADD, you haven't figured that out yet or did you??

My definition of ADHD is this, but not limited to: too much sugar in the diet, improper diet in general, not enough rest and too many things to worry and to do about, unstable environment...usually with divorced parents and Mother has to work outside the home, therefore not having the right amount of time to nourish child, not enough proper exercise - like, most schools do not have recess and physical education any longer due to academic and curriculum pressures and paperwork, too much television and video game playing, not enough time spent outdoors with fresh air and sunshine....I can list several more but for lack of time.....

BTW, this is not a judgement on any parent that is doing the above or not providing the proper atmosphere and diet for their children at the present time. I've been there and done this with my first child who survived, but it was a life of hell until we figured it out. Best wishes and good luck.
Miabella704
Posted 2006-01-01 1:02 AM (#39993 - in reply to #39892)

Brother Neel:
I just looked over your website. You are adorable. What a beautiful and accomplished life you've had. I just want you to know I think you're awesome
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)