YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Budokon
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Fitness -> General FitnessMessage format

jeansyoga
Posted 2006-01-09 9:30 PM (#40560)
Subject: Budokon

Has anyone tried this? I read it is a mixture of yoga and martial arts, and I saw some of the moves on TV and it looks FUN! I was thinking of bidding on a DVD - any thoughts?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Kabu
Posted 2006-01-09 10:44 PM (#40562 - in reply to #40560)
Subject: RE: Budokon

It does look like fun. I saw a couple of clips from the workout and considered trying it out, but I just bought 2 Bryan Kest CDs and 2 Yoga DVDs...I'm thinkin' the husband is going to say something pretty soon.
jeansyoga
Posted 2006-01-10 3:36 PM (#40627 - in reply to #40560)

Well, I just won a copy for $5 on Ebay - I'll let you know how I like it!
Amethyst
Posted 2006-01-11 11:22 AM (#40735 - in reply to #40560)

I got a tape on Ebay also. I watched it but I didn't actually (perform) try it out yet. I think it can be good, but I was a little disappointed. I thought (before I got the DVD) that it was both martial arts and yoga COMBINED in somehow. What it is, is the first half of the tape are yoga poses and the second half of the tape are martial arts kicking & punching. That's really it. Then the ending is meditation. I don't know why but I really thought it was going to be something fancy like incorporporating a yoga move into a martial arts move (I take both in real life - lol) so...

anyway, maybe you can borrow it from the library before you buy it.

Edited by Amethyst 2006-01-11 11:23 AM
samantha77
Posted 2006-01-11 8:12 PM (#40772 - in reply to #40560)

Extreme Veteran

I have this dvd, and I like it.  It's not super challenging, but it is fun.  I really liked the yoga portion. 

Samantha

tdawgtaz
Posted 2006-04-19 6:26 AM (#49987 - in reply to #40560)

I've been doing this for 10 weeks as a weight loss program. I lost 5 pounds the first week just on the diet part (there is no actual exercise the first week). I've gotten up to doing the poses more easily and more stamina in the martial arts. Great concept. However, the weight plateaued and I've not lost any more weight and still have the weight around the middle I was trying to lose, so I'm probably putting on a bit of muscle, but it's not like that's making the zero difference in weight. Worse, for 2 weeks now I've been getting headaches every day and am now (like right now) waking up in the middle of the night with them. After 10 weeks - no weight loss to speak of (I lost a LOT more and got more strength on Power 90 when I did it a couple years ago) and getting headaches every day. Not the result I need or want. So despite the idea of "just push through to the end", what's the point. I'll go back to Power 90.
tdawgtaz
Posted 2006-04-19 10:51 PM (#50027 - in reply to #49987)

All right - I'll add a bit. I went to the Budokon website to make my comments and got a reply and help from Cameron Shayne who developed it. I found (with the help of a heart rate monitor) that I was pushing it too hard. Yet he does say in the video that the technique is more important than the speed or how high you can kick.
So I've modified my way of going about this.
Meanwhile, yes it has been fun. The yoga part is just right to warm you up for the more explosive basic martial arts techniques. Pay attention to the diet as well and you should enjoy this.
taeyoga
Posted 2007-08-21 7:51 PM (#94666 - in reply to #40560)

I love Budokon. He has come out with 3 new DVD's and they are truly the blend of martial arts and yoga.

Awesome stuff!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)