YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Loving the Kundalini
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Kundalini YogaMessage format

sweatngrin
Posted 2006-01-13 8:19 PM (#40972)
Subject: Loving the Kundalini

I've been doing Iyengar yoga and I stumbled onto Ravi Singh & Ana Brett's Kundalini Yoga for Beginners and Beyond
and I got so high the first time it did it that it blew me away. I can't believe how much fun this stuff is. I'm
surprised that other systems don't incorporate more of the movement and breathing. Any other Ravi & Ana fans
out there? Any suggestions which DVD to try next? I saw they're going to be at Kripalu in February.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Angad
Posted 2006-01-27 12:50 PM (#42083 - in reply to #40972)
Subject: RE: Loving the Kundalini

I recommend all the Ana Ravi dvds!! Cleansing, Navel Power, Chakra DVDS - each offer a unique intention. Kundalini yoga is a bit different than Hatha in a number of ways, which you have already noticed. One way is that Kundalini practioners use different 'sets' for different purposes so while there are some common moves, workouts wont be the same thing again and again. I take live classes and have a good deal of videos on Kundalini....I would say Ravi and Ana exemplify excellent form, not everyone does or cares.
laurajhawk
Posted 2006-01-27 5:36 PM (#42125 - in reply to #40972)

Hi Jamie, I usually practice power and vinyasa flow yoga, but I just got Ravi and Ana's Navel Power and I like it a lot! I usually don't like ab-focused workouts (even ab-focused yoga practices) but this Kundalini stuff is way cool. I am thinking of buying another of Ravi & Ana's DVDs, one with more of a whole-body focus.

There is a lot of discussion of Ravi & Ana on the forums at www.videofitness.com ... that's what made me order mine. There you can find some descriptions of the various videos and recommendations of what to get next.
KundaliniGeni
Posted 2006-03-17 11:57 AM (#46853 - in reply to #40972)

Wow. Small world. I have one of Ravi's books also! I thought it was a very good beginners book. Through searching on the web etc. I found out that his teacher was "Yogi Bhajan". (I have seen other references to him on this forum as well) I started doing a lot of searching on his teacher who was initially a Kunalini master from what used to be northern india (pakistan now). Apparently Ravi studied under him for some 20-25 years before leaving Yogi Bhajan because of some friction between then regarding Ravi's "involvement" with one of his students which is usually strictly prohibited in most types of Yoga. Interesting stuff....I am still trying to find yoga books just from Yogi Bhajan but I am having some difficulty finding it. It doesnt seem to me that he is that well known. Not sure though.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)