YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Would it be illegal to...
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Fitness -> PilatesMessage format

eugenio_pd
Posted 2006-01-16 6:57 PM (#41112)
Subject: Would it be illegal to...

Would it be illegal to put the Pilates exercises on the web?

There are alot of pages about Pilates, but none of the one's I've seen so far have the actual exercises.

Maybe it would be a good idea to create a web page for people who what to give Pilates a try without spening money on books or videos to get the instructions, just like there are many Yoga pages with asanas.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
GreenJello
Posted 2006-01-17 12:21 AM (#41146 - in reply to #41112)
Subject: RE: Would it be illegal to...

Probably not illegal, but also not very helpful either. Short movies would probably work best. With asanas, each pose is held for a period of time. In the case of Pilates there's very few static postures, just lots of dynamic exercises.
jeansyoga
Posted 2006-01-17 7:59 AM (#41160 - in reply to #41112)

Power Pilates does have some of the moves available on their website, and they have downloadable classes for a small fee.

If you like books, Alycea Ungaro's book "Pilates: Body in Motion" has a very good layout with storyboard style photos of each movement. I found it extremely helpful.
samantha77
Posted 2006-01-18 6:38 PM (#41367 - in reply to #41112)

Extreme Veteran

I liked Alycea Ungaro's book too.  Another one I liked was the Pilates Body by Brooke Siler.

Samantha

throwtoy
Posted 2006-01-19 11:12 AM (#41423 - in reply to #41112)

there are pilates posters out there with all of the exercises
Now i did a search on google and got TONS of informtioan and pictures of the exercises. how are you searching?
Just remember pictures alone wont do it. you need explanation so that it's being done correctly.

also you can go to any gym to take a tour of the establishment and take a class for free or some of them even have 3 day passes on their websites.
throwtoy
Posted 2006-01-19 11:47 AM (#41425 - in reply to #41112)

figured i would post one of the first ones that came up
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.easyvigour.net.nz/i_frames/PbookControlology.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.easyvigour.net.nz/pilates/h_pilates_classic.htm&h=205&w=298&sz=5&tbnid=fHanbUhbKkO6AM:&tbnh=76&tbnw=111&hl=en&start=6&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dfree%2Bpilates%2Bexercises%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN
jeansyoga
Posted 2006-01-25 5:59 PM (#41894 - in reply to #41112)
Subject: Downloadable Pilates video

Hey! I was just searching for cool stuff for my iPod, an found a FREE downloadable 15-min class on www.powerpilates.com. The quality is excellent, I recommend it! They do sell others, now I'm torn as to whether I want the Bob Liekens 45-min advanced audio class or his 20-min video class incorporating the ball and magic circle. I do love his style, I may splurge and get both. Dana - have you seen either of these? Which do you recommend? Any others?

Thanks!
throwtoy
Posted 2006-01-26 8:16 AM (#41941 - in reply to #41112)

i've seen snippets of them but i haven't bought either one. i have both Power PIlates dvd's and then i usually just go to the studio to take class. I've been thinking about getting them though for the days i'm lazy and dont want to get on the train I did just order the Classical Pilates technique dvd with Bob Liekens and the ring and cant wait!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)