YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Update 01-19-2006
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Fitness -> PilatesMessage format

Rhoneeder
Posted 2006-01-19 3:24 AM (#41401)
Subject: Update 01-19-2006

Hello hello! So I've been doing Pilates consistantly for about two and a half weeks now... I took last Saturday, Sunday and Monday off because I really wasn't feeling up to it (woman issues, it wasn't just a matter of not feeling like doing them). I felt guilty about it, but I got back into it last night and relieved the guilt (and the stress).

My leg circles... well I've decided that I'm probably better off to do them with my other leg bent and foot on the floor, it just seems to work better for me at this point. My side kicks aren't so hot right now, I'm not sure what happened there, but they were better tonight than they were last night, so there's some re-improvement. I keep losing my balance and rolling over onto my back, its'... interesting. I've been feeling a "buzzing" sensation in one of the muscles along my spine so I asked my chiropractor about it yesterday and he said that it's probably because I've been doing the pilates and that forces the muscles to work like everything's in proper alignment even if everthing ISN'T in proper alignment (I was leaning eight pounds to the right and it felt like I was standing normally, I'd say that things weren't properly aligned). So I'm going back next week for another adjustment, and he said to see how things go until then. Tonight was way better than the last couple of days for the "buzzing", so that's nice. It's not painful, just really annoying.

Anyway, my posture has drastically improved and my chiro gave me a stretch to loosen up my pectoral muscles, so I've been doing that faithfully, and every time I remember I've been engaging my powerhouse to give my lower back the support it needs. I've had a "slouchy" mindset for the last I don't know how many years, and my posture has reflected that. As my mindset is becoming better, I'm wanting to fix my posture (which my chiro did comment on). It's hard to train myself out of years of slouchy thinking and slouchy posture, but every day is a little bit better.

I have abs! Two and a half weeks and I have abs, I can't believe it! They're not huge, and a lot of them are still covered in fat (waiting for my TaeBo dvd to get here), but they're there After each time I do my pilates I can feel them get tighter. I'm absolutely thrilled, I hate my gut. And my thighs. No big improvements on the thighs yet, but that'll come. I have a feeling that once I get my cardio happening and some fat burning, I'll be one happy camper. Maybe by summer I actually WILL be two-piece bathing suit worthy. Not that I have anyone to show off for (yet), but who doesn't want to be bikini worthy?

I have noticed though, that when I wear my mid-rise jeans, I can let them ride where they're supposed to, and I'm STILL doing my belt up to the fourth or fifth hole... as opposed to say, the first hole! I'll never be skinny, but I think I'm well on my way to becoming toned. Now, if I can fix my eating habits, I'll be good to go. One thing at a time though, I'm a stress/boredom eater, so if I can keep my stress/boredom to a minimum, I should be ok. Come on Spring (I can go outside when it's not cold out)!!!

I'm going to see my instructor on the first of March, I'm looking forward to it, and her rates are really quite reasonable. I was expecting way more than what she charges, but she charges enough to not make me think "ok why isn't she charging enough". I'm looking forward to getting at least some of my errors fixed, and I'm going to take a notebook with me so that I can write things down. I've already let Monique know and she thought it was a good idea if I do that.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)