YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

shoulder problem
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Fitness -> General FitnessMessage format

havoc11
Posted 2006-01-27 11:08 PM (#42168)
Subject: shoulder problem

Now, I was playing volleyball and if anyone knows what a quick attack is, well my friend was ocming in for a quick attack and i setted the ball to him...he landed on my left shoulder with his elbow pretty hard. It was very painful but after about 4 minutes it did not hurt. But the day after i got hit, i woke up with tremendous pain in the injured area. and now i cannot move my shoulder, pick up light objects, or lift my arm without pain. What can i do besides seeing a doctor? What excersises can i do. The pain seems to be under the muscle for some reason. as if there is alittle area of pain where i cannot reach. sometimes it hurts so much i jsut feel that if i just take that little area out it would be so much better? does anyone know what i mean? hahah

thanks for the help. I am new by the way. I do not know if you are aloud to ask for specific advice in this forum but i will read the rules after this.

much thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page
tourist
Posted 2006-01-28 1:28 AM (#42180 - in reply to #42168)
Subject: RE: shoulder problem

Expert Yogi

Hi havoc - I know wha tyou meanabout taking the little bit out - with me it is migraines so it would be a chunk of brain and I would have NONE left now instead of what little I have Ice, rest (as in don't pick up anything at all), ibuprofen (with food - VERY important if you don't want a bleeding stomach) and do see a doctor if it isn't lightenin up within a few days.
sooptas
Posted 2006-01-29 12:35 AM (#42260 - in reply to #42168)

havoc,

I've been going through some frustrating swimming-induced shoulder pain for the last year or so. But your situation sounds worse than mine.

Go see a doctor. Try to see an orthopeadic surgeon and, even better, one who specializes in the treatment of shoulders. The doctor will likely have an xray taken. The xray machine will probably be right at the office so it can be done quickly. The doctor will move your arm around to determine what the problem is and will probably have a good idea what is wrong at this point. Or he may need to see an MRI.

It may be that you get a prescription for a strong antinflammatory along with an exercise regimen. That, and applying ice (for 20 minutes- not longer) has been working for me. But I did get a cortisone shot last year.

You can find shoulder rehab excercises on the web (Theraband Acadamy is a good place to look). And this brings us to one reason I strongly recommend seeing a doctor: which of those exercise routines do you do? It depends on the problem that you have, and that is what you want to find out from a doctor. The ortho docs I've seen have all approached my treatment in a conservative manner. You don't have to do what they say, but expert evaluation is, I think, worth pursuing.

I understand that a shoulder that is chronically injured/inflammed tends to further injure nearby tissue, even to the extent of wearing the rotator cuff. Early management of your injury may be what keeps this from becoming something longlasting. On the other hand, you may find out that you've torn the rotator cuff to an extent that requires surgery. Find out.

Anyway, Good Luck with it. Let us know how it goes.

sooptas

havoc11
Posted 2006-01-30 1:15 AM (#42339 - in reply to #42168)

wow thanks for the feedback. I think i am going to the doctors tomorrow so i will ask then to help me. For now, i am taking tylenol. Is advil better? well anywho, i did a stupid thing today, i went ahead and played volleyball. I tried not to use my injured shoulder but i ended up using it. Hopefully i didnt further damage it.

in pain
trepidation
Posted 2006-06-09 4:49 AM (#55277 - in reply to #42168)

u need massage and some pain killers
kulkarnn
Posted 2006-06-09 9:36 AM (#55294 - in reply to #42168)

havoc11 - 2006-01-27 11:08 PM

Now, I was playing volleyball and if anyone knows what a quick attack is, well my friend was ocming in for a quick attack and i setted the ball to him...he landed on my left shoulder with his elbow pretty hard. It was very painful but after about 4 minutes it did not hurt. But the day after i got hit, i woke up with tremendous pain in the injured area. and now i cannot move my shoulder, pick up light objects, or lift my arm without pain. What can i do besides seeing a doctor? What excersises can i do. The pain seems to be under the muscle for some reason. as if there is alittle area of pain where i cannot reach. sometimes it hurts so much i jsut feel that if i just take that little area out it would be so much better? does anyone know what i mean? hahah

thanks for the help. I am new by the way. I do not know if you are aloud to ask for specific advice in this forum but i will read the rules after this.

much thanks

===> You need complete rest with NO food.
tourist
Posted 2006-06-09 10:55 AM (#55308 - in reply to #55277)

Expert Yogi

sindy - that post was made in January. I hope the original poster is better by now
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)