YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kundalini Benefits
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Kundalini YogaMessage format

funfunfun
Posted 2006-01-31 5:21 PM (#42502)
Subject: Kundalini Benefits

It is said that Kundalini Yoga increases oxygen capacity, boosts blood flow, balances the glandular system, strengthens the nervous system, and reduces stress-induced toxins such as adrenaline and cortol.

How does it do this?

Are there journals or online articles documenting this?

Thanks for your help.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Dreamstates
Posted 2006-02-08 11:22 PM (#43310 - in reply to #42502)
Subject: RE: Kundalini Benefits

Hi,

That is a very good question. I did a google search on Kundalini Yoga and science and found a cool site with lots of information but it looks all theoretical. I saved it and will read more of that later. My guess is that it would have to do with the breathwork, exercises, stretching, meditation, and relaxation. There is plenty of information about how just exericise improves these things.

It would be very beneficial to the Yogic community if there were some readily available scientific journals documenting the benefits of each or any style of Yoga.
sideshow
Posted 2006-02-09 11:29 AM (#43343 - in reply to #42502)

I think a good start for what you are talking about Dreamstates, is to read Light on Yoga, even though its Iyengar...Im starting to think having some Iyengar as a a foundation to build on is a good idea...

Anyways, throughout the book, Mr. Iyengar mentions numurous times that Yoga is a COMPLETE system "scientifically" developed by the ancient gurus to...well basically make the body the perfect vesel for the soul to travel in this world in....

sorry...the last peace is cuz i couldnt find different words...but we all get what i mean..
Dreamstates
Posted 2006-02-09 8:09 PM (#43392 - in reply to #43343)

Sideshow,
That is a very good book. I have been reading that for the last month. Excellent resource but I do not think it has what we are looking for in relation to the actual studies. It is a still a good book for anyone who is interested in Yoga on any level to use in the very least as a reference.

Angad Kaur
Posted 2006-02-17 3:07 PM (#43949 - in reply to #42502)

One Kundalini class and you will see how the breathwork hyper oxygenates brain and body.. the blood will be zipping about and you wil become more aware of all parts of your body.
A lot of yoga postures use compression and release of limbs or body parts to stimulate a flood of fresh blood and oxygen into limbs, organs and glands.
Via breath we manage a conscious connection to the nervous system slowing or stimulating autonomic systems. Via breath and compression we also remove toxins.
Many people in healing fields believe breath is a direct connection from the conscious to unconscious.

I recently read meditators brains dont shrink as much with age as expected. I do believe the oxygen and stimulation is why.
VorticalView
Posted 2006-02-23 4:05 AM (#44581 - in reply to #42502)

Hi! I started practicing kundalini yoga 20 years ago and stopped because I found it too intense. I've resumed and I love it! But I have found that I need a supplemental (rigorous) exercise program in order to do all the exercises well - which is fine since I love advanced Tae Bo!

I have also found that, as Gopi Krishna mentions, it really gets my juices going, so to speak. I abstain for now. I can see that this energy will be better put toward opening higher chakras. The only technique I know to keep it on the rise, is the root lock. And someone told me that Iyengar discusses this topic with other suggestions too. Do you know which of his books go into that? And which one are you referring to above?

Thanks!

Catherine
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)