YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Post Suffering
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Philosophy and ReligionMessage format

Cyndi
Posted 2006-02-16 6:08 PM (#43907 - in reply to #43896)
Subject: RE: Post Suffering

Expert Yogi

Fifi,

I used to have this philosophy that in order to get certain things done you had to be witch, with a capital B, When I worked in an office as an Adminstrative Assistant, what that title meant is that you have to get the $hit done and make your bosses and the company look really good. Sometimes, travel agents, phone companies, trucking lines, car rental agencies and whoever else you had to deal with simply would not cooperate with you, unless you were the B word. I look back on that sometimes and say, "God, I hated myself for my behavior", but I sure did shine in the eyes of my employer and my boss,

Yesterday, I had a similar situation where I ended up calling the guy on the other end, a Flipping Crook, theif and told him his company was corrupted. Did I feel bad?? maybe for a small half split second, but after I weighed everything out...I realized that we live in a very strange world and corruption and theives have taken over the planet. It would not have mattered how I handled this guy, he was legally getting away with being a crook. The only thing I could do was hang up after I said my peace and detach from the situation and find another way - which I did and am in the process still of doing.

I look at this way, if my side of the street is clean and I am very clear about that....someone is going to hear about it. I refuse to sit by and let ignorance and stupidity rule my life. The key to not loosing your serenity with these kinds of people is to immediately detach yourself from the outcome of what your fighting for or trying to accomplish. Let it go, do not hold onto anything negative, it is very important not to loose any sleep over these kinds of situations. I know its easy to sit here and say, putting in practice is the hardest thing to do since we are not the majority as we swim amoungst the sharks.

Then you must ask yourself, "am I responsible for this?? I say yes, I am responsible. How much action I have to take is a different matter in relation to that responsibility. Another words, choose your battles wisely. You can always have compassion, you just don't have to allow yourself to get beaten up for it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
GreenJello
Posted 2006-02-16 10:01 PM (#43916 - in reply to #43904)
Subject: RE: Post Suffering

I agree with Cyndi. ( I've been doing this a lot lately, which surprises me, she's really hitting the mark recently. What's up with that? )

*Fifi* - 2006-02-16 5:14 PM

Interesting observation, GJ. See, I think I'm a fairly assertive person, but I try really hard not to be aggressive b/c I know I can be an aggressive person. But, I look very young and probably unsophisticated since I don't wear fancy clothes or drive a big car, and people probably think I'm a fool. Hmmm....a fool. I need to embrace the fool.

Ah, the fool, the highest manifestation of the Taoism priest. Yes, embrace the fool.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)