YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Om and the net...?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Philosophy and ReligionMessage format

sideshow
Posted 2006-02-21 9:45 PM (#44390)
Subject: Om and the net...?

Yeah, Ive been meaning to post this for a while....but just now remembered, its a busy time for us geminis, as the stars and planets seem to be in our favor for the first time in a couple of years...anywho....

I came up with this thought whilst driving....basically its this..

How does "OM" translate into the internet??

....I dont really know if i can really elaborate on the question much...nor am i sure if i have an answer, but yet i pose this question to you all.

Is it one of those things, like the internet has its own pulse/existance niched out in the universe, and therefore is a part of OM?

Is it because of the components of the servers, and the computers are "manmade" that since man is a part of OM then it relates?

Is the data that flies between servers, and screens part of om?

Or is the internet almost a true definition of om, as everything on your screen comes from billions of 1,0's and these ones and zeros form everything inside the virtual universe?

Have i lost you yet? Am i even making sense or have i just taken to many psychoactive chemicals during my life?

anyway, I look forward to discussion and interesting replies....

have fun young padawans....
Top of the page Bottom of the page
GreenJello
Posted 2006-02-21 10:39 PM (#44399 - in reply to #44390)
Subject: RE: Om and the net...?

Actually, lets go back to Logos. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (And the word was Om).

All computer software is essentially a poor imitation of this first act of speaking creation into existence. It all starts out as a set of complex instructions, inscribed in a number of different dialects, all of which are reduced down to the bare essence of 1 and 0. Existence and non-existence.

Thus, the 'net is really a big hint that there really is something beyond ourselves, and that he, she, or it has a huge sense of humor.
Mitch
Posted 2006-02-21 10:50 PM (#44400 - in reply to #44390)

Are 0 and 1 dualistic?
elson
Posted 2006-02-22 2:34 AM (#44416 - in reply to #44399)

The Word was Om? No. You aren't going to successfully appropriate Christian religious symbology, because Christianity is essentially dualistic.

Logos is a Greek concept, appropriated by the New Testament authors to explain the nature of Jesus to Western thinkers, using (probably) Platonic symbology.

Anyway, the "Word," as used in this John's epistle, refers to the God/Man Jesus, not to a concept or sound or anything else than the person Jesus.
GreenJello
Posted 2006-02-22 8:23 AM (#44430 - in reply to #44416)

elson - 2006-02-22 2:34 AM

The Word was Om? No. You aren't going to successfully appropriate Christian religious symbology, because Christianity is essentially dualistic.

I'll do as I please with the bible, just like everybody else.
sideshow
Posted 2006-02-22 11:37 AM (#44466 - in reply to #44390)

uhh....

I wasnt trying to imply om being just "a word" as a metaphor to anything other than what it is....the primordial sound, universal vibration etc...from which all things come from.....

the point i was kinda going after is, does the internet and computers attached and such, have their own sort of om....kinda like a weird microverse......

nevermind...my dilusions of gradure are an apparent failure with the trainwreck that is this post...( woah...im in a mood....that is more cynical than spiteful... )

maybe it was to sci-fi ish ....::shruggs:: oh well, on to bigger better funner things..

thanks for the replies though ;)
Cyndi
Posted 2006-02-22 12:06 PM (#44476 - in reply to #44466)

Expert Yogi

Hey SS,

I believe your answer is Cobalt....or at least that's a good start. Then there is Applescript for Mac's....
sideshow
Posted 2006-02-22 12:15 PM (#44480 - in reply to #44390)

yesh...cobalt...applescript, fortran...assembler...all that fun....

perhaps my answer lies within?
Orbilia
Posted 2006-02-23 5:36 AM (#44583 - in reply to #44466)

They certainly hum here

Fee

sideshow - 2006-02-22 4:37 PM

uhh....

I wasnt trying to imply om being just "a word" as a metaphor to anything other than what it is....the primordial sound, universal vibration etc...from which all things come from.....

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)