YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Himalayan masters anywhere?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Kundalini YogaMessage format

lefti
Posted 2006-03-17 2:13 PM (#46866)
Subject: Himalayan masters anywhere?

Dear All,
I have heard great stories of yogis that can do amazing things. Yogis that can levitate, fly through the air,float on water, appear in different places at once, go without eating or drinking for months, eat poisons. The list goes on and on. In America it seems these people do not exist. I have never been to the far East such as India or China. I was wondering if anyone here has witnessed any of these great things. Does anyone have a master that can do any of these things? I look forward to hearing from you
Top of the page Bottom of the page
atsiskyrelis1
Posted 2007-01-13 7:37 AM (#73917 - in reply to #46866)
Subject: RE: Himalayan masters anywhere?

Well, I think that the real yogi is not the one who levitates, eats poison and does other miraculous things. A real yogi will never show such abilities - it will only mislead people. And if one begins to practice yoga just to have such abilities the end, in my opinion, will be fiasco. I think that the real yoga should be practiced with a right atitude, with bhakti atitude.
Why? My own brain underwent changes and it wasn't very easy or funny. In such moments when you think that you are loosing your mind, you see halucinations and experience other things there is nothing stable or constant near you. The only constant, unchangeable and reliabe thing (at least for me) was my true I or God as you call it. And in such a moments if you stick your mind with the things of this world, with your previous attitude I think you can loose your mind.

Well, I have seen some things that could be described as miraculous. Actually, I do not trust everyone who have such abilities to be a good one. Unfortunately, such things are ussually used just to have money or fame or it is used to enslave you and steal your energy (as it was with me).

And if somebody meets a one who can do things that other can't I would say that a real yogi, a real guru is the one who puts priority to the internal things, not external.

Good luck, my friends
Gireesh
Posted 2007-01-17 5:08 AM (#74349 - in reply to #46866)
Subject: RE: Himalayan masters anywhere

Hello friend!

If possible, visit the Himalayas and meet them first hand. They hardly wear any clothes, they can control their metabolism, and so on....My master went to the Himalayas in simple pyjamas (with the BBC crew) when all crew members were wearing sweaters, etc. This may not be a supernatural ability, but just thought of sharing with you.

Thanks
Giri
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)