YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

help, it hurts...
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Kundalini YogaMessage format

SteveW
Posted 2006-03-18 1:15 PM (#46921)
Subject: help, it hurts...

I awakened my kundalini in meditation. I have been suffering immense headaches as a result. I went to see a neurologist but he couldn't help. I also feel like different areas of my body are being held up to a lighter, as in various parts burn...I also taste metal in my mouth at times. Can someone help me as to why the kundalini is causing the headaches and when will it end, if ever?

Thankyou so much in advance,
Steve
Top of the page Bottom of the page
tourist
Posted 2006-03-18 2:18 PM (#46929 - in reply to #46921)
Subject: RE: help, it hurts...

Expert Yogi

Did you have a teacher? If so, you need to get in touch with him/her and get some good advice. If you were doing this on your own, not a good idea! I think you should consider yourself lucky you just have a headache... I would suggest, if you haven't done so already, establishing a careful and sane asana practice, focusing on standing poses and "grounding" in standing and seated forward bends. Twists will help realign the spine and bring you back to your center. Leave the fancy stuff alone and keep it basic and simple. Find a teacher to help you. Also I suggest finding a good accupuncturist to help get your energy rebalanced. Good luck and let us know how you do.
SteveW
Posted 2006-03-18 2:23 PM (#46930 - in reply to #46921)

Thankyou for sharing your wisdom
sideshow
Posted 2006-03-18 6:34 PM (#46948 - in reply to #46921)

I also taste metal in my mouth at times.

Get it looked at, it may not be the kundalini practice that did it, rather the kundalini practice may have brought something serious to your conscience attention.

I have heard that there is some kind of spinal issue that causes someone to have the taste of metal in their mouth...

follow tourists advice, and if it doesnt help, go look for a good spinal doctor...
SteveW
Posted 2006-03-18 7:49 PM (#46961 - in reply to #46921)

Thankyou for your comments

That advice helps...That's how I spent a part of my day! Sideshow, I added you to my AIM

tourist
Posted 2006-03-18 8:01 PM (#46964 - in reply to #46961)

Expert Yogi

Steve - I forgot to add that you should go and see if you can get some good meds for the pain. I have been a migraine sufferer and it seriously sucks to have that going on in your head. A solid dose of something strong may be enough to knock it out and put you back on track
GreenJello
Posted 2006-03-18 8:26 PM (#46976 - in reply to #46921)

Eating also helps, since it pulls the energy down into stomach, and away from the higher chakras. Spending some time in mellow environments, such as nature, parks, can also be helpful.

When you're getting pain in certain places it usually indicates some sort of block. In this case it sounds like it's in your head/third eye. This would definitely correspond to the meditation releasing it. I would recommend staying away from whatever meditation you were involved in, and most other sorts as well. You've probably "pulled" a muscle to some extent.
SteveW
Posted 2006-03-20 9:16 PM (#47231 - in reply to #46921)

What have I done!? The kundalini is starting to make me feel like I'm not grounded....losing touch with what we percieve as reality. It's like I'm "out of it" alot. What should I do?
GreenJello
Posted 2006-03-21 12:28 AM (#47236 - in reply to #47231)

SteveW - 2006-03-20 9:16 PM

What have I done!? The kundalini is starting to make me feel like I'm not grounded....losing touch with what we percieve as reality. It's like I'm "out of it" alot. What should I do?

Relax, go with the flow, and watch a movie or TV or something. It will sort itself out, in the mean time don't do anything to trigger it again. (Meditation, Yoga, Prayer, etc)
flipcat
Posted 2006-03-21 6:13 AM (#47251 - in reply to #46921)

Steve,

It is also possible that this could possibly be related to overstreching some of the spinal nerves. For example, Bell's Palsy is a disorder arising from problems with cranial nerve VII that results in headache, metallic taste and dropping or sensitive facial mucsles. Also, you may wish to examine your diet. It sounds as though you are doing a very focused practice. If you were working on a vitamin B12 deficiency, increased activity certainly could speed up symptom onset. Zinc or B12 defiency can affect your central nervous system and cause headaches and taste in your mouth. Good Luck.
Goran
Posted 2006-04-09 6:02 AM (#49049 - in reply to #46921)

As nice as it sound to be „enlightened“, „special“ and all other doubtful goals for wanting to play directly with the kundalini unless you have a really self-realized teacher and have prepared yourself through years of steady sadhana, preferably living in an ashramlike environment it is better not to play with kundalini.

For sure even praying the rosary can lead to the rising of the kundalini, but IMHO better not to force it with physical exercises aimed at forcefully awakening it if we are not 100% sure about what we are doing.

I've seen first hand (it was my roommate at the time) what can happen when kundalini arises. Aand he was a very serious 24 hours a day sadhaka, being a brahmachary from birth and totally focused on this etc, so not an „everage Jo“. Jet once it heppened it was a very, very difficult thing to handle. After that I was searching a little and found out there are a lot of people with lives utterly destroyed by this. We simply want to bite more than we can chew.
I heard that in the ashram I was staying in India for some time a western sadhaka was broth on the stretcher in a pitiful state after some teacher had „raised his kundalini“. And a little too much of this „realized“ masters speaking of the bliss and powers of kundalini after something like that happens turn away their heads not knowing what to do and not wanting this incidents to destroy their well planed spiritual propaganda.

Now I'm not a position to give concrete advices and whatever I or anyone tells you it could be wrong in your (or anyone’s) specific case. Just want to tell you about these experiences. Personally if this happened unless I had a teacher of the highest caliber (and I don’t know anyone I would be so sue about at this time.. among all the gurus around.. ) I would be a little more careful. What you are describing is not jet a complete awakening, but when/if it does happen there is no turning beck any more and one could find himself „thorn between two worlds“ unable to go either way and with mind and body in a very bad state. As B.S.Goel described it like being in the middle of the ocean, completely exhausted and the sore nowhere to be seen.
I would recommend his book „third Eye And the cundalini“, the works of Gopikrishna as well as going through this site: http://kundalini.se/eng/n_engkni_1024.html or others on the subject just to be aware that it is not a children's play and that things happen...

Ramakrishna used to say that hath yoga should better be avoided, and if one insist than practiced only under a teacher that attained the perfection of this path. I must say than in time I tend to agree with this more and more and think that for grihastas devotional attitude, Ishta mantras, saguna worship and other bhakti practicies are the best and most secure spiritual path. But as said no one that can not know what is happening in other people's minds and hearts can really give advices so take this just as an attempt to put some more light on the meter.

Anyhow if you want to stop the problems go slow on sadhana or even stop it. Well that is not something I would really like to suggest as nothing is more important than spirituality in life but if you feel you are going towards more than you can handle maybe it would be good to relax and hold beck a little and work on foundations (morality, purity, simple faith, healthy life.. things like that) before building the roof. Or maybe not.. duno… What I know is that if someone tells you just to keep doing your practices and everything will be all right and everything is just happiness and bliss and the world (of spirituality) is a beautiful green and sunny forest with a lot of trees to hug, animals to fondle, butterflies and lady bugs and that it is just some purification an everything for sure will be just great if you just hang on he/she doesn't know what he/she is talking about even if he/she is an yoga teacher or a orange-clothed long-bearded self-content guru.
Goran
Posted 2006-04-09 6:08 AM (#49050 - in reply to #46921)

I see now there are already a lot of good advices. If I my add something to that it is that eating (and maybe something tamastic too) and things like that and stopping the practices is the best thing to do.

Acupuncture, medicines and other therapies will make the things only worse than they are.
LHKC
Posted 2006-04-09 10:01 PM (#49117 - in reply to #46921)

That is Kundalini Awakening my friend advise your Kundalini teacher be very vareful people have died under those circumstances!
Doug
Posted 2006-04-12 2:56 AM (#49385 - in reply to #46921)

There is alot of good advice here. But keep in mind it is a kundalini style activation and the way you have been training is to lead the prana up into the head. And if your diet isn't very good or your exercise isn't focussed on strengthening and cleansingthen you will have intense pain. Read ,"Living with Kundalini", by Gopi Krishna.

Taoist meditation is much safer than Kundalini yoga especially if you are not following a master. Check out books or go see a trained instructor of Mantak Chia's. They teach how to bring the prana back down the front channels of the body. The prana sits in the center of the belly. You can also focus all your attention on the spot between your kidneys and guide the prana out that meridian point or dan tien. You can also meditate on the point in the center of your feet between the balls and visualize the qi leaving the feet.

Above all, don't be affraid. Instead of thinking,'what's happening to me?' Think of it more as,'Here we go!' The fear will create apprehension and self-doubt. It lets loose the demons(so to speak). You may be sending too much prana up one side or the other of your spine. If you can feel which side try the other. As you may know there are many vessels that prana travels in the body. There are,likewise, two major channels that send prana up the back. ( This is explained in Gopi's book!)

Best of luck, Doug
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)