YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

siddhi
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga as Self-RealizationMessage format

narayanaa
Posted 2006-04-05 11:27 AM (#48712)
Subject: siddhi

I learned about siddhi by practicing yoga. I want to get more into about it. Kindly send in the informations.
Thanks in advance
Top of the page Bottom of the page
GreenJello
Posted 2006-04-05 1:39 PM (#48720 - in reply to #48712)
Subject: RE: siddhi

Do your yoga, and ignore the siddhis.
mvarkonda
Posted 2006-04-05 4:44 PM (#48754 - in reply to #48712)

Here is some basic stuff on it hope it helps

http://www.angelfire.com/realm/bodhisattva/nine_siddhis.html
kulkarnn
Posted 2006-04-05 4:45 PM (#48755 - in reply to #48712)

Sure narayana:
Read any old books on Yoga, for example Hathayogapradipika or Patajali Yogasutra. Then, practice things in it for a long time which indicate siddhis. Then, you shall get that siddhi. That is all you need to get into it. When you get the siddhi, please post so on the bulletin board. We shall come and watch you.

Best Luck.
tourist
Posted 2006-04-05 7:02 PM (#48767 - in reply to #48712)

Expert Yogi

nara - you can see that we don't think much of the siddhis here. What makes you want to be working on them? If you sit in siddhasana for 12 years you will be able to eat glass, but I don't see a very practical application for that skill. All the texts say the siddhis are a distraction and if you achieve them you must immediately ignore them. Why work hard to by a fancy, powerful car if you can't drive it?
GreenJello
Posted 2006-04-05 9:04 PM (#48772 - in reply to #48755)

kulkarnn - 2006-04-05 4:45 PM

Sure narayana:
Read any old books on Yoga, for example Hathayogapradipika or Patajali Yogasutra. Then, practice things in it for a long time which indicate siddhis. Then, you shall get that siddhi. That is all you need to get into it. When you get the siddhi, please post so on the bulletin board. We shall come and watch you.

Best Luck.

Oh behave! Actually you gave me one of the best belly laughs I've had in a while. Thanks neel!
Ravi
Posted 2006-04-06 8:47 PM (#48859 - in reply to #48755)

kulkarnn - 2006-04-05 4:45 PM

Sure narayana:

Best Luck.

I'll buy the airfare for everyone if you split the lodging with GJ.......hahahaha Siddhi lol
Doug
Posted 2006-04-21 2:28 AM (#50129 - in reply to #48712)

I read a book on siddhis once, and one of the siddhis was on how to levetate. It was simple...focus on your solar plexis chakra and some time in the far distance you will be able to levitate. There may be some information left out by the yogi who wrote it, but I decided to do it one winter, about four years ago. I sat for an hour for days and focussed on that spot. Well, I never levitated, but about fourty minutes into one session I got a serious hot sensation in my sixth chakra. It burned as if a bee stung me, I mean really bad. When I first fealt it I stopped for a second and then started up again(not listening to my body and all) and continued for another five minutes. When I finished I looked in the mirror and was thoroughly shocked to find a perfect red spot in my sixth chakra area-about the size of a dime. I had to go meet my girlfriend in town so I went in feeling a little strange walking around with a red dot in the center of my forehead. It about faded when I met her but she saw it and commented on it and all. Ever since then I 've had a sensation in the middle of my forehead, no pain but it feels like ants crawling around or pressure, sometimes four or five hours a day. It gets really strong if I meditate.
mvarkonda
Posted 2006-04-22 6:52 PM (#50241 - in reply to #48712)

Isnt that what David Blaine does?? I always wondered how he levetated
bipinjoshi
Posted 2006-04-22 10:50 PM (#50256 - in reply to #48712)

The best siddhi that Yoga can give you is - "health and happiness". Practice it regularly and you shall have it. Then you will not need any other siddhi.
Doug
Posted 2006-04-23 4:02 AM (#50268 - in reply to #48712)

Cheers,Bipinjoshi, I can appreciate that...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)