YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

dangers of unleashing kundalin
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Kundalini YogaMessage format

tgramm
Posted 2006-04-17 3:38 PM (#49868)
Subject: dangers of unleashing kundalin

I have bought an excellent Navel Power video on kundalini yoga and love the peacefulness of the stretches and mantras. However, I have experienced what I think to be an "awakening" of the kundalini energy - I get a black box in my minds eye during and afterwards doing the yoga. Twice I have experienced an electrifying almost paralyzing sensation all the way up my back during sleep in dream stages following doing the video - and a black box that appears and shows me things. One time it was numerous figures walking around in various scenes, another time it was war scenes, which I found so strange as I cannot even tolerate war movies. I'm finding that each time I do the yoga, I have the "black box" experience more frequently - although when awake, all I see is the black box and occasionally a silhouett of a person in it. I'm somewhat concerned about opening up to this new energy, and also concerned about the effects of blocking it (at night, I can forbit it to disturb my sleep by asking for protection, and likewise I can invite it to visit). I am not wanting to enter the realm of psychic ability but instead to relax into myself and become more in tune with my intuion - I am hoping someone can advise me on the danges of unleashing kundalini as I do not know if it is a part of my higher self that is trying to speak to me or something "else" that may not be for my highest good. Please help?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
tourist
Posted 2006-04-17 5:25 PM (#49881 - in reply to #49868)
Subject: RE: dangers of unleashing kundalin

Expert Yogi

Do a search on the forums and read all the warnings we have given. Don't mess with kundalinin on your own. Don't watch the video anymore and find a good teacher - preferably someone who doesn't do irresponsible things like sell videos to unsuspecting newbies.
kulkarnn
Posted 2006-04-17 10:32 PM (#49902 - in reply to #49868)
Subject: RE: dangers of unleashing kund

Dear tgramm: Let me ask you one simple question. Sorry, two questions:

a) What is the name of the video you watched, and other details.

b) Did you write to the author of this video with your experiences and taken his advice or opinions? If NOT, it is useless to ask those who have not watched that video and who do not know what is happening to you by doing what is given in something they do not know.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)