YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Axis and Sacrum
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Fitness -> Injuries and rehabMessage format

*Fifi*
Posted 2006-05-26 1:16 AM (#53949 - in reply to #53628)
Subject: RE: Axis and Sacrum

Wow. I did the core-strength-test and it was harder than it looked. This is going to sound weird but, to me, stomach crunches are so '90s. So boring. That core-test-exercise was kind of fun in a new-exercise way. It seemed really efficient.

Today I also was consciencous of Tongue Up, Lips Closed, Teeth Apart. That's nifty. Good tip, Nick. Let me ask you - how much are you suppsed to curl the tongue to touch the roof of the mouth? I mean, can you touch where the teeth and upper palate connect or does it have to be further back?

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Nick
Posted 2006-05-26 10:41 AM (#53999 - in reply to #53949)

Hi Fifi,
The tongue doesn't curl up, but just place the upper surface on the rook of the mouth-I usually instruct students to draw the tip of the tongue back from the teeth until they find the hollow of the roof of the mouth
Take care
Nick
Nick
Posted 2006-05-26 11:30 AM (#54016 - in reply to #53949)

Hi Fifi,
That core-strength test is really good isnt it? I much prefer it to sit-ups (which are pretty worthless, unless you are training to be a mechanic, and have to do a sit-up to get off the trolley that has just been under a car ). you feel that the abdominal muscles are being trained as a vital link to the good posture of the rest of the body. You know when you move the arms and legs? Try to brace the abdomen to provide extra stability before you take the arms or feet off the floor, it makes a lot of difference and means that you can do the movement without wobbling. Do you do sun salutes? In a few days, you will notice the test making a difference to the way you lift back-potentially. if you normally just jump back, you may not notice much difference. But if you try to lift back, then you will feel the abdomen being used in exactly the same way as in the core test. This is when bandha get interesting, otherwise they are just another thing to think about when you practice. i expect you to be lifting into a handstand in about 6 months or sooner!
Take care
Nick
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)