YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Balancing Hormones
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga for Stress ReliefMessage format

HealthyBoy
Posted 2006-06-16 10:01 PM (#56019)
Subject: Balancing Hormones

Figured this was the best place to put this. I'm a teenager and I've tried and am trying so many things to improve my problem skin. I long to have healthy glowing skin. I read that a big part of teenage acne is the imbalance of homrones in the system. Is it possible that through meditation I would be able to aid my body in balancing my raging homones? Any other thoughts on skincare?

thanks a lot

Edited by HealthyBoy 2006-06-16 10:03 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kulkarnn
Posted 2006-06-16 10:16 PM (#56022 - in reply to #56019)
Subject: RE: Balancing Hormones

HealthyBoy - 2006-06-16 10:01 PM

Figured this was the best place to put this. I'm a teenager and I've tried and am trying so many things to improve my problem skin. I long to have healthy glowing skin. I read that a big part of teenage acne is the imbalance of homrones in the system. Is it possible that through meditation I would be able to aid my body in balancing my raging homones? Any other thoughts on skincare?

thanks a lot

===> The answer is easy. It is: NO, only through meditation you shall NOT be able to do this. You shall have to address diet and exercise, and rest.
trikotripod
Posted 2006-06-16 11:14 PM (#56033 - in reply to #56019)
Subject: RE: Balancing Hormones

People might disagree with this, but acne is caused by a modern diet. People who still live like hunter gatherers don't get acne, even the teenagers. Dairy, even organic, is probably the biggest contributer to acne. Some people, depending on their genetics, get acne from excess carbohydrates like too many grains, fruits and sugar. And then there are the opposite people like myself who break out from animal protein and/or other proteins like those found in nuts. Basically, acne is caused by hormonal imbalance and hormonal imbalance is caused by the diet.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)