YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

self & GOD
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga as Self-RealizationMessage format

SCThornley
Posted 2006-06-21 10:17 AM (#56397)
Subject: self & GOD

i've been rereading a lot lately and there are some subtle meanings that i've comprehended that i hadn't before.

i'm not sure what it's called but once the meditator finally relates to the universal one [for lack of a better 'western' word, or GOD] and realizes that the meditator is one with the universal one that this is what self-realization really is
Top of the page Bottom of the page
SCThornley
Posted 2006-06-21 10:44 AM (#56401 - in reply to #56397)
Subject: RE: self & GOD

is that close to right?
kulkarnn
Posted 2006-06-21 11:57 AM (#56412 - in reply to #56397)

Hey Bro SCT: It seems that you like to write one message in two parts! Yes, that is exactly what Self Realization means.
SCThornley
Posted 2006-06-21 12:00 PM (#56414 - in reply to #56412)

kulkarnn - 2006-06-21 11:57 AM

Hey Bro SCT: It seems that you like to write one message in two parts! Yes, that is exactly what Self Realization means.

yes sir,
thank you

this forum is a real find for me!

i've been re-reading and finally learning stuff that i've read for the past 16-20 years!

maybe you can teach an old dog new tricks?
kulkarnn
Posted 2006-06-21 12:54 PM (#56416 - in reply to #56397)

Or New Dog old tricks! Sorry, new God old tricks.
SCThornley
Posted 2006-06-21 12:58 PM (#56417 - in reply to #56416)

kulkarnn - 2006-06-21 12:54 PM

that's funny!
bstqltmkr
Posted 2006-06-21 2:20 PM (#56430 - in reply to #56397)

You can't teach an old dog's god new tricks? When I can't understand what I've read I put it under my pillow and hope for some osmosis, sometime's it works.
OptiMystic
Posted 2007-03-09 3:45 PM (#79718 - in reply to #56416)

kulkarnn - 2006-06-21 12:54 PM

Well, I had heard the one about the dyslexic atheist who thought there was no dog...

Edited by OptiMystic 2007-03-09 3:46 PM
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-03-09 6:06 PM (#79736 - in reply to #56397)

Fantastic Avatar: Is it 'chanting with bhastrika pranayaama'?
dmbones
Posted 2007-03-09 7:17 PM (#79743 - in reply to #79736)

The question seems to arise again: What is knowledge?

For materialist, it would be the evidence of the senses. "I see (or smell, or touch, etc...); therefore it is." But, if we see into a mirror is the image real? No, so sensory information is not real knowledge.

For the Greeks, knowledge was accessible via rationality. What could be rationally determined was deemed knowledge, but then why do philosophers disagree so vehemently? This is not real knowledge.

For theologians knowledge arises from the Book, by religious tradition. But, we must interpret the Book by our human rationality which is subject to various human interpretation. Again, this is not real knowledge.

For the intuit knowledge is the influx of the heart. But are not human hearts also prompted by satanic influences? How can we be sure that promptings of the heart are of God and not of Satan? Intuition is not real knowledge.

Of these four methods of human understanding of knowledge, all are faulty and subject to human error. Indeed, everything material, rational, traditional or intuitive are incomplete ways of Knowing.

What remains? How shall we attain the reality of knowledge? By the breaths and promptings of the Holy Spirit, which is light and knowledge itself. Through it the human mind is quickened and fortified into true conclusions and perfect knowledge. For the Holy Spirit is like unto the life in the human body, which blends all differences of parts and members in unity and agreement. Consider how numerous are these parts and members, but the oneness of the animating spirit of life unites them all in perfect combination.
Is this not knowledge?

Michael
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-03-09 11:10 PM (#79760 - in reply to #79743)

dmbones - 2007-03-09 7:17 PM

The question seems to arise again: What is knowledge?

For materialist, it would be the evidence of the senses. "I see (or smell, or touch, etc...); therefore it is." But, if we see into a mirror is the image real? No, so sensory information is not real knowledge.

For the Greeks, knowledge was accessible via rationality. What could be rationally determined was deemed knowledge, but then why do philosophers disagree so vehemently? This is not real knowledge.

For theologians knowledge arises from the Book, by religious tradition. But, we must interpret the Book by our human rationality which is subject to various human interpretation. Again, this is not real knowledge.

For the intuit knowledge is the influx of the heart. But are not human hearts also prompted by satanic influences? How can we be sure that promptings of the heart are of God and not of Satan? Intuition is not real knowledge.

Of these four methods of human understanding of knowledge, all are faulty and subject to human error. Indeed, everything material, rational, traditional or intuitive are incomplete ways of Knowing.

What remains? How shall we attain the reality of knowledge? By the breaths and promptings of the Holy Spirit, which is light and knowledge itself. Through it the human mind is quickened and fortified into true conclusions and perfect knowledge. For the Holy Spirit is like unto the life in the human body, which blends all differences of parts and members in unity and agreement. Consider how numerous are these parts and members, but the oneness of the animating spirit of life unites them all in perfect combination.
Is this not knowledge?

Michael

saa vidyaa yaa vimuktaye... that is knowledge which releases one from all kinds of bondage.
dmbones
Posted 2007-03-10 2:11 AM (#79771 - in reply to #79760)

Hi Neel,

I've enjoyed your comments here and looking over your webpage.

The house is entered by many doors.

Michael
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-03-10 4:54 PM (#79814 - in reply to #79771)

dmbones - 2007-03-10 2:11 AM

Hi Neel,

I've enjoyed your comments here and looking over your webpage.

The house is entered by many doors.

Michael

Thanks dmbones. Since you enjoyed,

ekaM sat sadvipraa bahudhaa vadanti.... Upanishads.
The One Truth (which is only single) is described by different realized ones differently. But, the truth is ONE.

The previous comment is also from Upanishad.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)