YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

working out karma
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga as Self-RealizationMessage format

SCThornley
Posted 2006-06-21 3:14 PM (#56441)
Subject: working out karma

i've read about how you can silently work someones' elses' karma away
but i don't know how

does anybody know anything about this?

someone dear to me is being held back and it pains me to see it, but i don't know how to clear up past issues that i sense are present in her

any pointers?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
judamom
Posted 2006-06-21 3:37 PM (#56446 - in reply to #56441)
Subject: RE: working out karma

SCThornley....I am sticking my nose into everything but I have been studying this 'stuff' for so many years (30) and it all fascinates me like nothing else. There is a philosophy called the 'I AM' by Godfrey King, written in the early 30's. The series of books are delightful and gentle and loving. St. Germain is the Master giving the discourses and he talks of meditations surrounding another in violet consuming flame. (I do this in a meditation simply visualizing the person surrounded in the violet flame) This is supposed to symbolically rid one of past karma---I used to question if it could be misused but I always intuited that when you are lovingly attempting to assist another---they can accept or reject the energy at a spiritual level. I also trust that if I am drawn to do this for another it could be my spirit directing me to do so.......just like you asking if anyone knows how to assist....something in you is directing you to try to help..........bottem line, what do we have to lose with such a non avasive attempt. The I AM also taught that when you do such a thing for others it effects your own karma in a positive way also, so you get a double wammy. After you surround them in the Violet Consuming Flame then follow it with surrounding them in White Light-----Perfection. You do not know what the other soul is learning and needing for sure so White Light is just perfect energy to do what is the most perfect thing.....if you prayed and specified specific things for the other----you might not be helping the best you can.....do you see? Good Luck and thank-you for caring in such a way for another.......anyone who reads this could add their White Light towards your friend also. How great would it be to be living in a world where we are all surrounding one another with Perfection? Yahoo. Juda
kulkarnn
Posted 2006-06-22 11:41 PM (#56637 - in reply to #56441)

SCThornley - 2006-06-21 3:14 PM

but i don't know how

someone dear to me is being held back and it pains me to see it, but i don't know how to clear up past issues that i sense are present in her

any pointers?

Hey Brother SCT: Why would you want to do such a thing? Is she your disciple or devotee? Well, to clear someone else's karma: a) you can take it upon yourself via prayers, yogic ability, etc. b) or, you can instruct her in such a way she can progress working out her own karma, etc. c) If you clear one karma, does not mean you cleared all of them.

That is all I can say on this.
SCThornley
Posted 2006-06-23 3:03 PM (#56697 - in reply to #56637)

kulkarnn - 2006-06-22 11:41 PM

SCThornley - 2006-06-21 3:14 PM

but i don't know how

any pointers?

Hey Brother SCT: Why would you want to do such a thing? Is she your disciple or devotee? Well, to clear someone else's karma: a) you can take it upon yourself via prayers, yogic ability, etc. b) or, you can instruct her in such a way she can progress working out her own karma, etc. c) If you clear one karma, does not mean you cleared all of them.

That is all I can say on this.

i'm responsible for her in so many ways already, and i don't want to see her in any more frustration or pain, and communicating with her is nearly impossible because of her past
love and time may work, but i know my time will run out, and probably before hers
so i'm trying another approach
and with the little that i know from my practice, this is possible and i want to learn more about how
Cyndi
Posted 2006-06-23 3:25 PM (#56699 - in reply to #56697)

Expert Yogi

You know Steve when you interfere with someone else's Karma you are not always doing a good thing for that person's soul. In fact, it can rob that person of their life experience that they need to evolve and for their self-realization. The best approach is to just simply be, assist without action and/or with words that the person is not ready to hear and so on. Taking on a person's karma whether good or bad is a tricky business and most people do not have the *complete* awareness of what is really necessary for someone and good for another person's soul purpose. It's a private and sacred matter that should not be tampered with unless that person has asked you to...and even then it still may not be appropriate for you to assist. How much experience do you have with karma?? Are you sure you have the necessary tools and training for such a endeavor??

Edited by Cyndi 2006-06-23 3:27 PM
SCThornley
Posted 2006-06-23 3:49 PM (#56702 - in reply to #56699)

Cyndi - 2006-06-23 3:25 PM

You know Steve when you interfere with someone else's Karma you are not always doing a good thing for that person's soul. In fact, it can rob that person of their life experience that they need to evolve and for their self-realization. The best approach is to just simply be, assist without action and/or with words that the person is not ready to hear and so on. Taking on a person's karma whether good or bad is a tricky business and most people do not have the *complete* awareness of what is really necessary for someone and good for another person's soul purpose. It's a private and sacred matter that should not be tampered with unless that person has asked you to...and even then it still may not be appropriate for you to assist. How much experience do you have with karma?? Are you sure you have the necessary tools and training for such a endeavor??

Nope, i'm not sure, at least not completely yet, i still have a few attachments that i'm letting go of but i feel my grip loosening

and so, i'd like some direction as to how to get the tools, or uncover and sharpen the ones that i know are available

for many years there has been an awakening going on, and finding this forum is part of that.

i think that in the next few years i'm bound to make some real progress because of the light that is beginning to shine and i'm recognizing so many things that have been hidden or simply in the shadows

and the reasons for this is where i am and with who i am and for who i am here for--i can clearly see these things---up until now, i'd been simply taking it on faith[and faith is very important, especially for me, a scientist who wants satisfaction through material proof]

I understand that this is very touchy/tricky business and wish to find more guidance than what i've found available so far, so i'm reaching out.

prayer is helpful, and powerful [thank you, Neel, for the reinforcement] and already being applied and so far this is the path of action that i've taken, and it's gotten me this far--which ain't half bad if i could really tell you just how far i've come, but i really can't you'll simply have to take it on faith.

however, i'm learning now about techniques that go beyond my training to this point and wish to find the key that will help me realize my potential and fulfill what i can in my time,

really, there is a purpose for my presence and i'm starting to truly sense it---so i'm reaching out to see what's there
kulkarnn
Posted 2006-06-23 11:08 PM (#56709 - in reply to #56702)

SCThornley - 2006-06-23 3:49 PM

Cyndi - 2006-06-23 3:25 PM

prayer is helpful, and powerful [thank you, Neel, for the reinforcement] and already being applied and so far this is the path of action that i've taken, and it's gotten me this far--which ain't half bad if i could really tell you just how far i've come, but i really can't you'll simply have to take it on faith.

however, i'm learning now about techniques that go beyond my training to this point and wish to find the key that will help me realize my potential and fulfill what i can in my time,

really, there is a purpose for my presence and i'm starting to truly sense it---so i'm reaching out to see what's there

Well, if you have decided that is your goal and you are sure about it, then you should go for it. If you are praying, you already have the tool. If you want to ensure this tool in a better way: You should meet appropriate person and learn directly form that person. That person should tell you any other tools in case he/she feels so during the instruction.
SCThornley
Posted 2006-06-24 5:20 PM (#56743 - in reply to #56441)

sounds like i'm on my way

judamom
Posted 2006-07-28 8:10 AM (#60082 - in reply to #56743)

SCthornley----I could be the most niave yogi on the planet BUT when your intentions are assisting another rid themselves of past karma.......you cannot possibly do harm. Do contemplate on "We are all one" and if that be true let us take the responsibility-----or better yet, the opportunity to love one another as we would love ourself. Dang, I would have treasured someone caring enough to even disire to assist me with some of my karma years past (and you know, as I think of it, I am sure they tried---and it helped) Why are we so afraid to Love one another? We insist on putting all these "rules" on Love..........no wonder the planet is in such need.
SCThornley
Posted 2006-07-28 8:59 AM (#60084 - in reply to #60082)

judamom - 2006-07-28 8:10 AM

SCthornley----I could be the most niave yogi on the planet BUT when your intentions are assisting another rid themselves of past karma.......you cannot possibly do harm. Do contemplate on "We are all one" and if that be true let us take the responsibility-----or better yet, the opportunity to love one another as we would love ourself. Dang, I would have treasured someone caring enough to even disire to assist me with some of my karma years past (and you know, as I think of it, I am sure they tried---and it helped) Why are we so afraid to Love one another? We insist on putting all these "rules" on Love..........no wonder the planet is in such need.

I have to say that I'm here today because of all of the people I've had pray for me over all the years

whenever things got tuff, or if there was the possibility of tuff times---I'd call my Grandmother to pray for me--always knew Mom was already doing it
Darin Hamel
Posted 2006-09-05 6:57 PM (#63708 - in reply to #56441)

I hope this isn't too late but Catholics have a tradition of offering a mortification for another person. Say a friend is sick or in trouble, then you might fast for them. Prayer has power but put with fasting or other mortifications and it is supercharged I guess.
Ravi
Posted 2006-09-05 8:57 PM (#63711 - in reply to #56441)

Om Namah Sivaya,

SCT- The power of prayer is so magical...........pray for this person...... carry out each of your good deeds in the name of this person..... live by example...... show this person the virtues of healthy living....... be loving...be caring..be you. This person's Karma has already changed as you are apart of their life and care as much as you do. Be patient, be persistent.. good will come..

Om Shanti, Om Shanti, Om Shanti,
Ravi
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)