YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cloth Yoga mats (rugs)
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Bikram YogaMessage format

longshadows
Posted 2006-07-04 12:45 PM (#57615)
Subject: Cloth Yoga mats (rugs)

I'm still new to Bikram, but each session I'm "swimming" in my own juices, as my "plastic" yoga mat is more like a "Slip'n Slide." My terry cloth "beach towel" which I lay over the mat gets pretty slippery, as well.

What have been the experiences with "cloth" mats (yoga rugs). From what I find on the Net, some are very expensive "organic" cotton, stuffed with more "organic" cotton and others are beautiful Indian-made cotton mats, which require dry cleaning (give me a break!).

So, what's realistic and what works best?

Thanks,

Edited by longshadows 2006-07-04 12:46 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2006-07-04 3:26 PM (#57628 - in reply to #57615)
Subject: RE: Cloth Yoga mats (rugs)

I recommend the Soltice mat--it's nubbed cloth with a no slip backing you just throw in the washing machine. I've had mine for three years--used it at Bikram for 2 years three times a week. Now use it hot the occasional hot yoga vinyasa. No slipping--in fact, it get's better the damper it gets. And very cool, after mid-way Bikram savasana, when you get up, the mat looks like the Shroud of Turin. Always gets a chuckle.
It's available on this site: http://www.yoga.com/store/product.asp?Product_ID=3020&Category_ID=295
Balen
Posted 2006-07-04 4:56 PM (#57634 - in reply to #57615)
Subject: RE: Cloth Yoga mats (rugs)

I did see wickedly cool ultra mat the other day some lady had a bamboo mat. Nice traction on it I was jealous.
blessed
Posted 2010-08-22 10:53 AM (#124759 - in reply to #57615)
Subject: Re: Cloth Yoga mats (rugs)

I just visited a Bikram Hot Yoga class in Colorado and the yogi insisted all students use the Breath Mat which is so heavy and wrinkly that I find it very uncomfortable. When I informed him that this was the case and that in fact it hurt my three sore ribs (wrinkly on chest) he said with a "Wide Eyed" look on his face "I don't Care" and again insisted I use it. I refused to and he lost it in a very un yogi manner and disturbed the entire class while making a spectacle of him self when there was only a few minutes left in the class. I was surprised at the un yogi behavior as he is very well qualified otherwise. Nice studio too.
blessed
Posted 2010-08-22 10:56 AM (#124760 - in reply to #57615)

any other suggestions for the best Hot Yoga Mat appreciated. ?? Namaste

Posted 2010-08-23 6:49 AM (#124774 - in reply to #57615)

Good grief--a Bikram yoga instructor losing it because you didn't do as he said? I'm shocked!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)