YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Circumcision News
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5
Now viewing page 5 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> Men's HealthMessage format

SCThornley
Posted 2006-12-18 4:48 PM (#71948 - in reply to #71947)
Subject: RE: Circumcision News

Nick - 2006-12-18 4:33 PM

Hi Steven,
Do you think we could market 'Yogadoms'-condoms with a yogic slant-maybe tumeric flavour or wiith a shiva's trident-you know the kind of thing

Nick

WOOT!

Just as long as they came in different shapes and sizes, for the Sivalingam man in us all

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Nick
Posted 2006-12-18 5:02 PM (#71949 - in reply to #71948)

Hey,
Absolutely-none of this one size fits all nonsense
Nick
*Fifi*
Posted 2006-12-18 6:06 PM (#71950 - in reply to #71943)

yogabear - 2006-12-18 3:45 PM

Has there been a suggestion that circumcision be used as an HIV preventitive device? I think that would be silly.

And abstinence, though ideal, is an unrealistic expectation. After all, we are human beings and it is in our nature to be sexual creatures. if abstience was a viable goal, there would be no AIDS.

To quote Dorothy from the Golden Girls: "Condoms, Rose! Condoms! Condoms! Condoms!"

Those silly scientists and medical doctors come up with dumbest ideas, don't they? Do people understand there is no vaccine for HIV? You're asking people that screw (sorry for the awful word but its fitting) their daughters to use condoms and/or practice abstinence?

What's the alternative? Actually, abstinence never killed anyone.
tourist
Posted 2006-12-18 6:59 PM (#71954 - in reply to #71950)

Expert Yogi

In spite of the millions of teenage boys asserting vigorously to teenage girls that it might...
SCThornley
Posted 2006-12-18 7:32 PM (#71956 - in reply to #71950)

*Fifi* - 2006-12-18 6:06 PM

yogabear - 2006-12-18 3:45 PM

Has there been a suggestion that circumcision be used as an HIV preventitive device? I think that would be silly.

And abstinence, though ideal, is an unrealistic expectation. After all, we are human beings and it is in our nature to be sexual creatures. if abstience was a viable goal, there would be no AIDS.

To quote Dorothy from the Golden Girls: "Condoms, Rose! Condoms! Condoms! Condoms!"

Those silly scientists and medical doctors come up with dumbest ideas, don't they? Do people understand there is no vaccine for HIV? You're asking people that screw (sorry for the awful word but its fitting) their daughters to use condoms and/or practice abstinence?

In the case of those that screw their daughter's, I'm asking that those have their genitalia removed, have their eyes and limbs removed and have them starve to death.
Nick
Posted 2006-12-19 3:02 AM (#71968 - in reply to #71956)

Hi all,
I would like to say that I wasn't recommending abstinence-but it is part of the triad of AIDS prevention, so it has to be mentioned, even though it's completetely impractical.
What I found really disturbing is that apparently some sections of the gay community have been lobbying to have the bath houses in San Franscisco re-opened-people's memories are way too short-absolutely incredible.

Nick
Nick
Posted 2006-12-19 3:09 AM (#71970 - in reply to #71956)

Hi Steven,
'In the case of those that screw their daughter's, I'm asking that those have their genitalia removed, have their eyes and limbs removed and have them starve to death.'

I'm with you on this one-but I think for sex offenders there is a better way-you introduce a tumour into the pain centres in the brain-as the tumour grows, then the individidual suffers every kind of pain that has ever been experienced by every individual-all at once-so it's kind of like what you recommend, but infinitely worse-how does that grab you-scares me, but I think it's appropiate

Nick
*Fifi*
Posted 2006-12-19 2:02 PM (#72002 - in reply to #58268)

Wow, Nick! If there was a challenge for who could come up with the best torture idea I think you'd win. The brain tumor in the pain center of the brain is very creative. The best I could some up with is a polodium california roll. Oops, someone already did that. I agree child molesters should be tortured. Period. Oh, wait, someone will write in and tell us there's no such thing as child molesters and we're being overly sensitive. Fooey!

How come we don't teach people about safe cigarette smoking yet we believe there's such a thing as safe sex?
Nick
Posted 2006-12-21 3:58 AM (#72090 - in reply to #72002)

Hi Fifi,
Or, even better, you could keep them alive for ever, but just put electrodes in the pain centres-I wasn't cut out for this yoga teaching lark, need to go and live in a country with capital punishment
Nick
SCThornley
Posted 2006-12-21 9:51 AM (#72106 - in reply to #72090)

Nick - 2006-12-21 3:58 AM

Hi Fifi,
Or, even better, you could keep them alive for ever, but just put electrodes in the pain centres-I wasn't cut out for this yoga teaching lark, need to go and live in a country with capital punishment
Nick

A bit of American History...

One of the very first buildings to be built by the Federal government in the New USA was......

A prison.
ellen
Posted 2007-01-06 3:39 PM (#73052 - in reply to #72106)

Hello dear ones,

I read the first six pages of this thread, then skipped to the 8th, before I entirely forgot my thoughts.

I was interested in this thread because I have heard the news about the circumcision study findings that seem to conclude the practice can help stop the spread of AIDs. When my boys were born, 16 and 18 years ago, I chose for them not to be circumcised. My thinking was quite simple. At the time, there were no reputed medical benefits to being circumcised, so why would I let someone hurt my little baby for no reason? (I think it is very easy for adults to discount an infant's pain, just like we tend to discount animals pain, esp in medical research, but that is another thread.) People commonly said at that time, oh, it doesn't hurt the baby, they don't have developed enough nerve endings... but then why does the baby cry?

I was always a bit nervous about my decision though, because my husband, who is Vietnamese, is not circumcised, and if I hadn't objected, he probably would have had it done to our sons. I think the reasoning he gave was that they would fit in with their peers. I worried that I just didn't understand, as a female with mostly tucked away parts, how important that was to a boy growing up. But mama bear won out, no one was going to hurt my baby! I get a cringe and a pange of guilt when I read about new benefits of circumcision, because my deicision not to circumcise was at its core, selfish. I did not want to experience my infant experiencing pain. I have found over the years that the "news" of benefits dies down again into, well, it is really just a personal choice.

About cleanliness: My husband was the first uncircumsized man I had been with. Up til then, I had always thought men looked a little unfinished. My first thought when I saw my husband's was, "Oh, god did finish them off : )" Really, my very first thought. I  also think that he has a beautiful penis. My thoughts have in no way been influenced by his performance, trust me!

And he is always beautifully clean, the foreskin is so soft and pretty. And then there is that surprise in there- what more could one want? So there you go, my 2 cents on that. (BTW, my boys have never felt different do to not being circumsized, and have always appreicated that mommy did not want to hurt them, so it has turned out ok, whew!)

About aid to Africa- has anyone checked out Kiva.org? You can loan money pretty directly to individuals and groups in Africa and a few other countries, and you can fund these loans with only $25 at a time- very, very satisfying for this donor, and I never give any money away to charities.

Oh, I almost forgot. There is one downside to abstinence that I don't think has been mentioned. Do you know when, sometimes when you have sex, and you think, yeah, this is making love? Not all the time, not all the most exciting times, certainly not the tedious times (girls : )), but sometimes I really get the feeling that we are, literally, creating love.

Best wishes and warm regards,

Ellen

ps I am glad, tourist, when you resist those urges to close it down. I admire the balance and clearness it takes to be a moderator, and that you resist the temptation to mold the threads with your great powers : ) xox
tourist
Posted 2007-01-06 6:17 PM (#73077 - in reply to #73052)

Expert Yogi

ellen - I can perfectly visualize you and I in a group for women (and I can clearly see which of my friends would be there) having an amazing discussion about all sorts of important and interesting things. I feel like if I met you we would be like old friends in an eye blink

My son is 26 and among his friends (the last time I felt ok about asking) there is about a 50/50 chance they were or were not circumcised. So "looking like their peers" is moot. Since about 1982 or so, the government (I am in Canada) no longer pays for the procedure so parents have to put some thought and money into it if they want it done.

Posted 2007-01-06 11:43 PM (#73108 - in reply to #58268)

the 'stopping the spread of aids' thing is completely bunk. the study has been demonstrated to be completely false and ultimately fabricated.
SCThornley
Posted 2007-01-06 11:50 PM (#73110 - in reply to #73108)

zoebird - 2007-01-06 11:43 PM

the 'stopping the spread of aids' thing is completely bunk. the study has been demonstrated to be completely false and ultimately fabricated.

So, what's the point of promoting circumcision?

Posted 2007-01-06 11:59 PM (#73113 - in reply to #58268)

i have no clue, honestly.

i see no benefit in circumcision from a health perspective unless absolutely necessary (this is that caveat for that exception to the rule that someone can come up with).
ellen
Posted 2007-01-07 5:19 AM (#73124 - in reply to #73077)

tourist - 2007-01-06 3:17 PM

ellen - I can perfectly visualize you and I in a group for women (and I can clearly see which of my friends would be there) having an amazing discussion about all sorts of important and interesting things. I feel like if I met you we would be like old friends in an eye blink

Me-too-you, Glenda. We'd have to meet at your house!

My son is 26 and among his friends (the last time I felt ok about asking) there is about a 50/50 chance they were or were not circumcised.

Ok, to prevent another dog debalacle... When I first read this post, I thought, oh man, what a gutsy woman asking all her son's friends if they are circumcised! and fully understanding and nodding my head about the "the last time I felt ok about asking..." Then later, I got to thinking about it... wouldn't it be easier to just ask her son??? Jesus Glenda, I'm going to have to give myself a 24 hour cool down period before I act on your advice!

xoxellen
tourist
Posted 2007-01-07 12:14 PM (#73160 - in reply to #73124)

Expert Yogi

I knew I should have clarified that part! Yes, the last time I asked my son. I am sure he would have no trouble answering that question now but I would not be comfortable asking it I also work in a daycare centre with infants and toddlers and around here at least, it still seems to be about 50/50. Working class, less education folk tend to go with what they see as traditional and have it done. More education, more "alternate lifestyle" tend to not.
Drizzt495
Posted 2007-08-17 1:35 PM (#94319 - in reply to #58268)

I'm circumcised and a virgin.

Seems to me people should stop beating around the bush on this issue. Unless there is a miracle cure discovered, abstinence is the ONLY foolproof option.

Otherwise, if this is true, who knew that circumcision was more than just vanity!
Orbilia
Posted 2007-08-20 6:51 AM (#94476 - in reply to #94319)

Hi Ellen and Drizzt.

Thanks for openly sharing your views. When I started this thread it was with the genuine desire to highlight what I thought was interesting news from the scientific community.

Abstinence is, indeed, the only foolproof method, but possibly not entirely the answer when you consider that the spread of AIDS in Africa is now so wide-spread that many are born with it so this would mean a sizeable chunk of the populace never reproducing. Of course, this would address areas of over-population and so starvation, poverty, etc but that's entirely another debate and one that skirts the dangerous area of eugenics.

Fee
jonnie
Posted 2007-08-20 9:07 AM (#94486 - in reply to #58268)

Abstinence from sex won't prevent people catching AIDS from dirty needles and contaminated blood either...

Orbilia
Posted 2007-08-20 9:32 AM (#94490 - in reply to #94486)

Absolutely.

It's not always the case, but many diseases become less fatal over time. Many virus' adapt their virulence down as it's not in the bug's interest to kill the host (for the most part). I seem to remember reading a scientific paper a while ago that suggests this may be happening with HIV.

Fee
jonnie
Posted 2007-08-20 10:00 AM (#94498 - in reply to #58268)

Yes, and there is not one HIV either.

The strain in Sub Sahara Africa is very different to the strain found in Eastern Europe for Example.

jerry
Posted 2008-04-16 12:21 PM (#106326 - in reply to #58552)

circumcision prevents aids:

that means only uncut men get aids because the skin splits. A tight cut man will also experience tears because there is lack of skin movement but his circumsized status protects him from getting aids.

I thought people get aids from having sex with aids infected people. cut or uncut.

circumcision prevents cervical cancer.

That means jewish women should zero cervical cancer rates. Oh they do still suffer from cervical cancer even tho they have always cut their men. Oh their cancer is from other sources. Perhaps all those women who had cancer and had uncut partners may have got their cancer from other sources too!

Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5
Now viewing page 5 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)