YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

wow...I need help with this
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga for Stress ReliefMessage format

pinkrose3121
Posted 2006-07-11 4:18 PM (#58314)
Subject: wow...I need help with this

ok I have several pilates and yoga video, one pilates floor with yoga , one standing power yoga and one for relaxation...how can i incorporate them all and do cardio?
should i do cardio and alternate between the pilates stuff and do relaxing yoga at night for my anxiety? HELP
Top of the page Bottom of the page
tourist
Posted 2006-07-12 10:25 AM (#58354 - in reply to #58314)
Subject: RE: wow...I need help with this

Expert Yogi

If you have time for both, do both. Otherwise, just do the relaxation yoga. which dvd do you have ( the yoga one?)
bstqltmkr
Posted 2006-07-12 10:41 AM (#58358 - in reply to #58314)

Pinkrose, you really sound like your getting stressed about starting a program to deal with anxiety, which is unfortunate. First you should thank your self for wanting to take care of you, and wanting to do the right thing. Let yourself accomplish what ever it is you can do, and don't feel guilt, or anxiety towards this part of your life. Really the ideal is to get rid of anxiety as much as possible in all parts of your life, and sometimes a few minutes of breathing exersizes and getting your mind under some control is the biggest benefit. Part of what yoga does for people is to help them relax in their regular life. The physical challenge and real life are like parallels, you can go into a pose calmly, and go into life's situations calmly. Breath through it all, and listen to your body through it all. Take your time with it, don't force anything, and don't forget to relax and enjoy it. It's a positive thing.
MissLooping
Posted 2006-07-13 7:42 AM (#58497 - in reply to #58314)
Subject: RE: wow...I need help with thi

I think you should not do a medley by yourself cause you could get messed up. Ask for advice from a professionnal. There must be an order in which you have to learn each of them.
Susi
Posted 2006-07-15 12:03 AM (#58731 - in reply to #58314)

Hi,
I totally agree with the last two postings. First, it's better (at least, in my opinion) to start with a teacher who can give you individual attention on asana, plus you'll get a better idea of the whole 8 fold path of yoga. Once you know the names of things (so you don't have to keep looking up at the TV) you can try some of the vinyasa videos and feel more comfortable making up your own vinyasa. (In a good class, you should also learn how to "read" your body on different days so your practice is balanced based on what you need that day.) But don't stress out over any of it. Just relax. Set your goals small and achievable. There's no quick route to real yoga. (Some flexible people can be very quick with asana but that is just 1 small part of yoga.)

Om Shante, Shante
yoginny
Posted 2006-07-22 12:35 PM (#59319 - in reply to #58314)

i too came to yoga for stress relief from generalized anxiety disorder seven years ago.

it sounds to me like you need to BREATHE most of all. so i would recommend doing yoga first, especially the breath work. if that's included in the materials you have, focus on that and maybe do it longer and more often than the DVD or whatever suggests. slowing your breath, i have found, is really key to dealing with anxiety.

good luck.

Posted 2006-09-08 11:11 PM (#64069 - in reply to #58314)

My goodness, how should WE know? You got all those things.
What exactly was your thought process when acquiring those items?
I personally wouldn't have the slightest idea how to incorporate all that with cardio.
I'm a yoga teacher not Denise Austin.

joscmt
Posted 2006-09-09 12:39 AM (#64076 - in reply to #58314)

purna- everything ok? the last couple of posts of yours I have read tonight have been uncharacteristically harsh.. I hope all is well on your side of the country.. I mean, not that I know you at all...but I have been reading around here for a couple of months..

Posted 2006-09-09 9:18 PM (#64115 - in reply to #64076)

A bit tense here yes.
Sorry for the wording but not the under current.

Some posts place the cart before the horse.
Some cowboys need to come back to the ranch.

joscmt - 2006-09-08 9:39 PM

purna- everything ok? the last couple of posts of yours I have read tonight have been uncharacteristically harsh.. I hope all is well on your side of the country.. I mean, not that I know you at all...but I have been reading around here for a couple of months..
joscmt
Posted 2006-09-11 11:57 AM (#64221 - in reply to #58314)

true true... I hope everything works itself out! I can certainly relate to being tense!!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)