YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Reincarnation
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga as Self-RealizationMessage format

SCThornley
Posted 2006-07-12 9:54 AM (#58348)
Subject: Reincarnation

after re-reading some books that originally turned me on to yoga and then reading some new ones i've started thinking about this concept a lot.

i've wondered what the concensus is among the on-line yoga community here.

After reading more and more on the concept, i can no longer argue against the inevitability of the truth in this concept.

That doesn't mean i'm saying i've ever had some past life experience, but that i've considered many arguements for and against this and have committed my belief that it is as true a concept as can be.

All in all though, i was really hoping to get other opinions on the concept and see if anyone else had insight that i'd not considered.
ty in advance.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
tourist
Posted 2006-07-12 10:42 AM (#58359 - in reply to #58348)
Subject: RE: Reincarnation

Expert Yogi

Someone famous (a westerner) once said something to the effect that being born more than once isn't really any more fantastic or unbelieveable than being born once.
judamom
Posted 2006-07-13 1:45 PM (#58575 - in reply to #58348)

I have believed both ways--that I only have one life to live and that I may have many. It is more interesting when I believe I have many. Bottem line at this stage of my life I am mainly concerned with Karma--what I send out will return and when I am conscious of that......it does not seem to matter whether I have one or many. I like to use what I am sure of to the fullest.....I am indeed here now so that is where my complete focus will remain.....for now. I love it when people will simply contemplate all the possibilities.....it is ever so dull to run in to anyone who has all the set answers and will not even attempt contemplation outside of the secure little box. HO HUM
bstqltmkr
Posted 2006-07-14 10:50 AM (#58669 - in reply to #58348)

This is from science, and I don't know where, SCT, you probably do. Energy can be neither created or destroyed. Where do we come from? Where do we go when we leave here? I think we knew these things before we got here, and will know them again when we leave, and that we can't really know while we're here. I might change my mind tomorrow, and attach myself to some theory or another, but for now thats all I have on it. I can't really figure out what's going on right here in front of my eyes sometimes. This physical world is pretty mind boggling.
bstqltmkr
Posted 2006-07-15 8:06 AM (#58735 - in reply to #58348)

Speaking of science, I heard Stephen Hawkins was posting questions on ask Yahoo. I haven't checked that out, but maybe someone solved the secrets of the universe for him.
tourist
Posted 2006-07-15 10:48 AM (#58754 - in reply to #58735)

Expert Yogi

I started with good intent but never finished Steven Hawkings book. I am sure I am not alone He seems to me to be a unique individual and the fact that he has survived this long with a disease that should have killed him decades ago is a sign to me that he has something valuable to offer. Somewhere he said that the deeper he gets into quantum physics, the closer he believes we are to mathematically "proving" God. Very cool
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)