YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

abt stress relief yoga
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga for Stress ReliefMessage format

JERZEELADY
Posted 2006-07-22 4:28 PM (#59337)
Subject: abt stress relief yoga

i have stress problems and anxiety too.. can anyone help me out and advise me how to start with yoga .. will appericate for your helpful..
Top of the page Bottom of the page
mattinchina
Posted 2006-08-17 8:51 AM (#61907 - in reply to #59337)
Subject: RE: abt stress relief yoga

Hi, if you're still watching this thread....

A class is probably the best start. Do some online research of the different yoga styles. Drop in to some centres in your area and find out what kind of yoga they do. Explain why you're looking to start yoga and ask how they think their particular style/class/teacher will help you. If they can't answer these and other questions satisfactorily then move on.

I'd suggest that as well as doing yoga for anxiety, you also try acupressure and deep breathing exercises. Both can work wonders on their own and in combination with yoga.

Here's something to get you started:

1. Breathing exercise: Sit somewhere quiet with back straight and hands comfortably on your lap. Keep your eyes closed and the tip of your tongue resting on the roof of your mouth just behind your top teeth.

Inhale through your nose to mental count of four. Inhale smoothly and deeply by gently expanding your abdomen as you breathe in.

Hold the breath for a mental count of 7. Exhale slowly and smoothly trhough your mouth (this will make a slight whooshing sound) for a mental count of 8 and at the same time imagine all tension leaving your body. Your abdomen should fall as you exhale.

Pause naturally before inhaling again - this could be anywhere from a couple to several seconds. The more you relax the longer this natural pause will be.

Repeat the above (inhale for 4/hold for 7/exhale for 8/pause) up to ten times, several times a day and whenever you feel anxious or know you'll be doing something that triggers anxiety.

Let us know how you get on.

All the best,

Matthew

kulkarnn
Posted 2006-08-29 11:53 AM (#63128 - in reply to #59337)
Subject: RE: abt stress relief yoga

Dear Jerseylady:
First you have to know your problem properly. Then you have to formulate the solution. And, lastly you have to execute the solution for a sufficient time. All this is done efficiently if you get a good instructor. Otherwise, you can do it yourself.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)