YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

new clothes?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Anusara YogaMessage format

katyg
Posted 2006-07-27 12:25 PM (#59978)
Subject: new clothes?

Couldn't find a thread for this question. If there is one, I apologize, and please just let me know.

My yoga clothes are so stinky it's embaraasing.

1. Any suggestions on how to remove the stink?
2. Any suggestions for your favorite yoga clothes (ashtanga specific). I might just start all over.

Thanks!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
bstqltmkr
Posted 2006-07-27 12:37 PM (#59981 - in reply to #59978)
Subject: RE: new clothes?

Hi katyg, do you use a dryer or a clothesline? I think the clothes line would be better for this.

Posted 2006-07-27 12:58 PM (#59985 - in reply to #59978)

theres some stuff called "Sink the Stink" which is made for scuba wetsuits that might work if you have a dive shop around that sells it. It's an enzyme thing, you add it to water and soak stuff. I've also heard of people using some stuff called "Kids and Pets Cleaner" in the same way.
tourist
Posted 2006-07-27 1:13 PM (#59988 - in reply to #59985)

Expert Yogi

Bleach works and it doesn't take much - no you are not going to destroy the ocean by bleaching once a year with a tablespoonful in the wash. Then line dry outside if possible and maybe even another wash with baking soda. The wet suit stuff is good, especially for salt water that has its own bacteria and combines with sweat to create THE stinkiest stink I have ever smelled on sports clothes. And I have smelled a LOT of stinky sports clothes
elson
Posted 2006-07-31 3:25 AM (#60460 - in reply to #59978)

I add a cup of clear vinegar to the wash. It's an old gym rat trick :-).
osutuffy
Posted 2007-02-09 9:23 PM (#77091 - in reply to #59985)

Natures Miracle is sold at petstores. It has the enzyme thingy as it was referred to as in it and breaks up the odor causing thing a mah jigs. I think it is cheaper than the scuba stuff but more expesive than laundry detergent.
joscmt
Posted 2007-02-10 10:53 PM (#77157 - in reply to #59978)

quick question--- why do they stink so bad in the first place??? Are you wearing them several times and then putting them sweaty into a bag? Or is it body odor from sweating so much? Now, I could be totally wrong, but can't an offensive body odor be tackled through diet? With a little more info, it could be a quickie, simple answer...
joscmt
Posted 2007-02-10 10:55 PM (#77158 - in reply to #59978)

quick question--- why do they stink so bad in the first place??? Are you wearing them several times and then putting them sweaty into a bag? Or is it body odor from sweating so much? Now, I could be totally wrong, but can't an offensive body odor be tackled through diet? With a little more info, it could be a quickie, simple answer... An interesting thought on this- when my hubby was still drinking, his body odor (and breath) were rough- it was almost sour... since he hasn't drank in 2 years, his odor has pretty much gone away and I don't hesitate to give him a big ol' kiss first thing in the morning! Weird, no? All because of dietary changes (he also eats better now).
Cyndi
Posted 2007-02-11 5:31 PM (#77208 - in reply to #77158)

Expert Yogi

O my gosh, not this again, We've talked about this before.  My suggestion is this....put a box of baking soda and some Tide w/bleach in the washing machine as you are filling it up with HOT water.  Soak these clothes for say an hour.  Then rinse really well on the rinse/spin cycle.  Hang the clothes on the line outside to dry - for a week...yes, 1 week of fresh aire and sunshine.  Now, this concept works best if you live out in the countryside and not around say a populated street that is bombarded with deisel and car fumes, etc.  Something about Sunshine and fresh aire...it kills all odor causing bacteria and stink.

The other day I purchased the new Tide with Lavender and Vanilla.  It smells really good and does a great job with laundry too. 

As I also mentioned before....my house is 95% natural.  There are two items that fall into the 5% category.  The first one being Tide laundry soap, and Clorox Bleach.  Then, the third item is Windex window cleaner,   Get my drift??

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)