YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

YogaFit training
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga TeachersMessage format

mishoga
Posted 2006-09-16 1:18 PM (#64564 - in reply to #62921)
Subject: RE: YogaFit training

Expert Yogi

Jackie, I am not a Yogafit Teahcer, but if it speaks to you than it's the right training for you. We are all on the same path, we are trying to enrich the lives of others. Doesn't that mean something?
Quite frankly I'm tired of judgement too. It's not part of yoga philosophy to put others down. Respect for ALL is what I look for in an individual. The ego gets in the way when one believes they are above others.

Mish
Top of the page Bottom of the page
tourist
Posted 2006-09-16 8:35 PM (#64579 - in reply to #64564)

Expert Yogi

Yeah, she was pretty nasty. Zoebird was there. I admit she did have to deal with Christine, who could dish it out, but it was unpleasant in the extreme.

The fact is that was all HAVE to be judgemental. We must use our discretion and judgement all the time and ever so much more when it is a matter of our health - whether we are including mental, emotional and spiritual health or "just" our physical body. I don't want to go and learn to swim from someone who has had a few weekends of training and never swam before in her life, but was a really good runner and personal trainer before she decided she had time to add a swimming component to her resume. I don't doubt she brings great skills, is keen and sincere, but I'd be crazy to take a swimming class from her!

Those of you who have a serious yoga practice and good quality instruction from elsewhere before you go to YF are a whole other category. As I said, I respect and understand people's reasons for doing YF training. A sincere and honest teacher with a good background can undoubtedly be a great YF teacher. But the YF cert alone is not a guarantee of good teaching as far as I can see at this point.

I hate the "yogicer than thou" thing and have a real distaste for the airy fairy school of yoga. I have met a few like that and it makes me very impatient very fast. The kind that have a sign up saying not to wear perfume and then burn all kinds of noxious fumes in the class

There are not a lot of yoga divas in my circle of Iyengar teachers. Thank goodness! I suspect there are very few in general as BKS would not put up with that sort of thing, I am sure.
Kym
Posted 2006-09-16 10:29 PM (#64585 - in reply to #64525)

kulkarnn - 2006-09-15 6:49 PM

Kym: You said it wonderfully, except I would like to add a comment to that: If you as a good Yoga Teacher want to teach Yoga in a particular way, such as add meditation or chanting or nutrition, and then the gym asks to remove these elements, at least you have to reduce the Yogacity of the teaching. Correct?

It has not happened to me, but I know it happened with some. Others, any experiences?

I understand your question, but it's loaded. For one thing, I am teaching the way I want. ;) To ask me if I wanted to change my style, then further speculate that I'd be asked to stop, is just creating problems where there are none. Like I said, if a person wants more in the sense of meditation or chanting, then I refer them to my favorite studio. Likewise, if I wanted to teach differentlly, I'd work there. And one day I might-but for now, I'm very happy.
Kym
Posted 2006-09-16 11:00 PM (#64588 - in reply to #64527)

tourist - 2006-09-15 7:07 PM

Kym - YF is indeed changing (I have been told) their trainings to help create better teachers. But even you say that after one training nobody is going to be ready to teach. And if they know that and keep studying, fine. But if they go and teach anyway.... Two things got my back up about YF - one was that originally (and I have no idea if this is still true) anyone who had completed ONE weekend could carry on and become a teacher trainer. The second was the founder herself who came onto another board I was on and was very rude and nasty. Downright "unyogic" IMHO.

Well, I guess three things - how many weekends does it take to get Level 3? I am always the first to admit (and have done so in this very thread) that YF is a handy cheap way for good teachers without official certs to get insurance. But nobody can be a good teacher of anything starting from zero in 3 or even 10 weekends without training from some other source. I try and try to be diplomatic, but there is just no way around that as far as I can see.

I would never judge you or anyone else strictly by their YF cert but I would certainly check out their other credentials before going to a class.

You are more careful than me. I take a yoga class and decide whether I like their style after the class and never ask about training. In fact, today at a meditation workshop, the teacher said she was trained in Kripalu (sorry-sp?) and I never knew that. I LOVE this woman and she is one of my very first teachers. I have taken her classes on and off for 6 yrs and never knew her training. On the other hand, I took a class recently and the teacher made a huge error in cueing and I hurt my neck b/c I had my mind elsewhere-I was not present!-and did what she said. I don't know her training and I don't care if she was trained by the spirit of Pantanjali himself, I'm not going back to her!

With all due respect, I think with your Iyengar training, you lean toward thinking someone needs eons of training before ever standing in front of a student. I think that's admirable, but I think you have to allow some quarter for the rest of us folks who do not do Iyengar. I honestly don't think I could change your mind about how much training is required, and I can't say I *know* how much training is required. Whereas you think it's a set time, I think it's individual.

I'm guessing you're talking about Beth? Frankly, I can understand her getting pissy. I'm a pretty mellow person and very happy person, but I'm willing to bet a lot of people here think I'm rude. People downright put down YF and statements like Zoebird's about YF being stripped of spirtuality are ignorant. And ZB seems so knowledgable-I was suprised she said it! So, yeah, I've gotten upset here and I'm not the dang founder.

I'm just here putting in a good word for what I believe in.
Kym
Posted 2006-09-16 11:08 PM (#64589 - in reply to #62921)

JC-I loved level 3 and it's usually with Sandi Call. She's a neat person. And, have you ever had Sybill? She's my hero-so down to earth and knowledgable. I love her confidence. I'm looking so forward to level 4 and I'm planning to take it in Jan in San Diego. You MUST tell me if you go!

Posted 2006-09-17 12:08 AM (#64591 - in reply to #62921)

Perhaps a stabilizing question, or field leveler, if you will is this...

what is our perception of the vastness of the body of knowledge called "yoga" (in the classical definition)?

Do we perceive that body of knowledge to BE vast?

If we do perceive the knowledge of yoga to be vast AND we have determined it is our dharma (dharma in the yogic context not the religious context) to share that vast body of knowledge then we can perhaps discuss things like "good training" and "continuing education". Until that foundation is established, much like an asana, it may not be prudent to pursue a deeper discourse.
kulkarnn
Posted 2006-09-17 12:27 AM (#64592 - in reply to #64585)

Kym - 2006-09-16 10:29 PM

kulkarnn - 2006-09-15 6:49 PM

Kym: You said it wonderfully, except I would like to add a comment to that: If you as a good Yoga Teacher want to teach Yoga in a particular way, such as add meditation or chanting or nutrition, and then the gym asks to remove these elements, at least you have to reduce the Yogacity of the teaching. Correct?

It has not happened to me, but I know it happened with some. Others, any experiences?

I understand your question, but it's loaded. For one thing, I am teaching the way I want. ;) To ask me if I wanted to change my style, then further speculate that I'd be asked to stop, is just creating problems where there are none. Like I said, if a person wants more in the sense of meditation or chanting, then I refer them to my favorite studio. Likewise, if I wanted to teach differentlly, I'd work there. And one day I might-but for now, I'm very happy.

Dear Kym: I understand your response. But, then it is pertaining to your own opinion and experience, and your satisfaction with it. And, that is great. I do not know how much value it shall have as generalization, which I am not stating that your are doing. But, I am very glad that you are happy wih what you are doing and have. I wish you all the good.
JackieCat
Posted 2006-09-17 8:25 AM (#64599 - in reply to #64579)

Extreme Veteran

tourist - 2006-09-16 8:35 PM

Yeah, she was pretty nasty. Zoebird was there. I admit she did have to deal with Christine, who could dish it out, but it was unpleasant in the extreme.

And I'm sure that none of the "real" yogis that she got "nasty" with were unpleasant at all . . .
JackieCat
Posted 2006-09-17 8:29 AM (#64600 - in reply to #64579)

Extreme Veteran

tourist - 2006-09-16 8:35 PM

The fact is that was all HAVE to be judgemental. We must use our discretion and judgement all the time and ever so much more when it is a matter of our health - whether we are including mental, emotional and spiritual health or "just" our physical body. I don't want to go and learn to swim from someone who has had a few weekends of training and never swam before in her life, but was a really good runner and personal trainer before she decided she had time to add a swimming component to her resume. I don't doubt she brings great skills, is keen and sincere, but I'd be crazy to take a swimming class from her!

There is a difference between exercising judgment and being judgmental. Of course it is important to exercise good judgement and be discerning regarding yoga instruction. Perhaps a better adjective would be elitist.

Posted 2006-09-17 12:10 PM (#64612 - in reply to #64600)

one of the things that neel points out is really important. in some facilities--not limited to gyms--leaders or directors have asked me to exclude certain elements that i believe, think, or feel are important to the practice. i have no trouble letting go of lighting, music, or scent, but i do have a hard time letting go of prayerful/mindfulness, meditatioin instruction, and the 'bare bones' of my teaching which focuses on alignment.

i have had many people criticise my teaching because of my focus on alignment. i've been told "it's not fun" and "the students don't feel the love" and 'there's no need to focus on alignment, what is important is that the student has a good time.' i notice here that there are philosophical differences between the directors/leaders/owners and myself, and because of this, i feel compelled to remove myself from that situation. Aspects of their philosophies are wrong, IMO--and potentially dangerous to the physical wholeness of the client, but by the same token, i don't necessarily think of myself as "better" than them--just different as they do focus on safety, just not in the same way that i do.

and this is a judgement thing, not a judgemental hting. judgementalism focuses on heirarchy in an egotistical or absolute sense. but, judgement focuses on the individual, the issues inherent, and the underlying currents of decision making processes. it's not about elitism, but about differences and 'fit' as well as differences and 'appropriateness' from a variety of perspectives.

i have a vague memory of the situation that tourist mentioned. i do not recall how i behaved, but i have spoken to YogaFit organization leaders (if not Beth Shaw herself, who knows?) about the issues that i have with their organization. one of my employers took YogaFit training and found it very problematic. She got her level 1 cert, and then wrote a very long, extensive criticism of the program to the organization.

the organization then called her back and asked to speak with her at length about her concerns. What i found refreshing about this was it was during the time when they started to take Yoga Alliance and their criticisms from the Yoga community at large seriously. My employer and I went to the meeting together and we discussed--civillly and at length--the perspectives and issues that we had with the program.

what is interesting is that my employer is purely a fitness instructor. All she does is teach gorup fitness classes. She's excellent at her job and has been running large-scale group fitness programs for years and teaching group fitness for years. As yoga became more popular, she sought out information about yoga--and that's what lead her to YogaFit.

from her perspective, YogaFit didn't do enough from the fitness professional perspective, just as i felt it didn't do enough from the Yoga industry/field Perspective. our criticisms weren't of beth shaw or of any teachers in particular, but whether or not the training would be effective for a safe class in a group fitness setting.

both my employer and i felt that it wouldn't be and listed the various reasons--not enough anatomy training, no CPR requirement before going to volunteer to get your cert, and not enough early-on specialization in senoirs, pregnant women, etc, to make the class safe for special needs. These were the criticisms from my employer, the fitness professional. We noted that within a year, many of the requirements, etc, had changed.

my criticisms were that an individual cannot learn enough about yoga in a weekend to truly call what they teach 'yoga.' Yoga is a much larger discipline than asana, and asana itself goes into the deeper aspects of body, energy body, mind, and spirit in ways that a brand new beginners is not fully able to access. It takes about a year--sometimes two--to access the basics and begin to 'feel' or understand these layers of consciousness through the movement. Prior to YA, i remember that yoga teacher training progarms required at least one year of consistant practice and an intensive interview bfore they would accept a teacher in training. today, that has changed a bit (or a lot, and i criticize that within the industry too).

to this, i recommended that they encourage their teachers to take classes in some form of yoga consistantly while doing their taecher training. now, this is encouraged, but before it was considered "unnecessary" because "we're teaching for the gym environment, . . ."

i know a lot of teachers who have been certified through Yoga Fit, NESTA, and a couple of other organizations. these teachers are people who had years of experience before teaching and some of whom who simply started teaching without any training--just based on their experience and the local need.

obviously, i don't think training is paramount. Helpful for beginner students and beginner teachers, but not paramount. And no one training is perfect in any way as it is--everything has it's holes. Quite simply, you can't learn yoga in 200 or 500 hours. You can gain some skills to be a safe effective teacher, and the rest is really up to you and your support network (teachers, fellow teachers in training, etc).

but, this isn't about being judgemental, but using judgement to determine what works, what doesn't work. YogaFit may work for someone for certain reasons--even though it's not the best (in a sense of comprehensive or more yoga focused than fitness/gym focused) training and it is one of the most expensive.

And, i do have this to say for YogaFit, that woman can market the hell out of anything. She is very successful for a reason--good marketing. If other yogins figured out that process, wow. . .
tourist
Posted 2006-09-17 12:44 PM (#64613 - in reply to #64612)

Expert Yogi

Ok - I'll try to remember all of the points here. There may be editing... Don't you wish we could choose to "see" the whole thread when we are composing a reply?

Kym - I did mention that the other person in the conversation could "dish it out." And surely Beth would have been on the defensive at that point. This was pre-YA YogaFit so the program was not what it is today. As for training, yes, I do believe my training is the current "gold standard" worldwide. If someone from any part of the world tells me they are going to a certified Iyengar teacher, I feel they are assured of a certain level of teaching. But as ZB says, it is not so much the training (I admit to being shocked to see that I agreed with her on that statement!) but the depth of experience. Going back to my swimming teacher example - if one of my kids decided to take up teaching swimming, I would be perfectly happy to take lessons from them even if they only had a weekend cert. Why? (Not just because they are my kids ) Because they each spent many years swimming competitively and had expert, intense, high level coaching when they were learning. They would not be the best swim teacher they could be after a weekend, but they would know the mechanics of what they were teaching on a deep level and would know enough not to try to teach me butterfly before I could dogpaddle because they would be able to remember the progression of learning they had. I would hope that they would continue and develop more teaching skills and a deeper understanding of the foundations of teaching swimming, but they would be pretty safe teachers with only a few hours of training.

As far as stripping away spirituality, this is what Beth Shaw told us was one of the main goals of YF. She wanted to "bring yoga to the masses" who apparently have no desire for spirituality or who are too frightened of exploring it from a different perspective than they already have. There is certainly a place for that and good reasons to present yoga asana in a non-threatening way. OTOH, it is insulting to those of us who do teach in a traditional way to suggest that we are wrong and it is insulting to people's intelligence to say that they are not able to accept any beleif system other than what they already have. It is also a bit irritating to me that anyone who has less training or experience than I do automatically considers me to be condescending or arrogant, which is what Ms. Shaw did. When we post online we cannot always convey attitude or inflection well, but I can tell you that people who know me find me pretty friendly and accepting. I had the delightful compliment once that I didn't make students feel stupid, even when they were. I strive to continue to live up to that
Kym
Posted 2006-09-18 10:12 PM (#64723 - in reply to #62921)

ZB-thanks for your more thoughtful response. I think it's pretty neat that YF listened to your input. To see some of your suggestions come to fruition has to be satisfying. I'm going to infer that Beth also had backlash about taking all the spirtuality out of her trainings b/c that is what all of Level 3 is about. That is why I was so shocked that you said that-it is taught now, but I also had no idea that it had not been taught in the past.

Tourist, I also like the fact that if you have a certified Iyengar teacher, you know just what you're getting. I'm not going to take that away from you. I think it's awesome that you are so dedicated to your goal. I, too, am dedicated, just on a different path.
tourist
Posted 2006-09-18 11:41 PM (#64727 - in reply to #64723)

Expert Yogi

Thanks Kym. I am grateful for all the yoga teachers of all the styles. Iyengar as a style (or me as a teacher for that matter ) is not for everyone and it is good to know there are other styles and teachers out there. Honestly, from a business perspective, we feed each other students all the time. And on a spiritual level, the more connections we can make, the better for the world in general
ollie
Posted 2006-09-20 12:25 PM (#64857 - in reply to #64579)

tourist - 2006-09-16 7:35 PM

Well said.

About the original thread: someone asked "I want to get X, Y, and Z out of training, and a YogaFit training session is nearby. Should I take it?" The answer was "no, not if you want X, Y and Z."

There is nothing wrong with that.

Mind you, I might well take yoga-fit training as
1) that is what our local park district counts and
2) the local teachers have been asking me to get it; I think the real reason is that they need more potential substitute teachers.

No, I am years away (if ever) from being qualified to teach a serious yoga class, but perhaps I can, with some work, be able to fill in at a gym setting and keep the (mostly middle aged, out of shape) students from hurting themselves.
ollie
Posted 2006-09-20 12:28 PM (#64859 - in reply to #64612)

zoebird - 2006-09-17 11:10 AM

i have had many people criticise my teaching because of my focus on alignment. i've been told "it's not fun" and "the students don't feel the love" and 'there's no need to focus on alignment, what is important is that the student has a good time.'

Actually, you sound like someone I'd like to have as a teacher.

tourist
Posted 2006-09-21 10:46 AM (#64926 - in reply to #64857)

Expert Yogi

ollie - 2006-09-20 9:25 AM
No, I am years away (if ever) from being qualified to teach a serious yoga class, but perhaps I can, with some work, be able to fill in at a gym setting and keep the (mostly middle aged, out of shape) students from hurting themselves.

ollie - beware of this slippery slope! When I started I could not begin to imagine teaching anyone ever. Then a fellow student/coworker suggested we practice together, another coworker asked to join us and the next thing I knew I was in teacher training. I still marvel at the depth and breadth of my teacher's understanding of yoga and wonder if I will ever reach that level. But I do seem to know enough to keep my own "(mostly middle aged, out of shape) students from hurting themselves." And we have a really good time, too
ollie
Posted 2006-09-21 2:55 PM (#64944 - in reply to #64926)

Thanks for the reply Tourist; I enjoy reading your wisdom and experience.

Before I step foot in a classroom in our local setting, I have to realize an acceptance that many people have different reasons for taking a yoga class and not everyone (most?) have no desire to push themselves to their natural limits.

I have to remember that it will be their class and not mine.

tourist
Posted 2006-09-21 7:02 PM (#64968 - in reply to #64944)

Expert Yogi

ollie - that is a nice way of thinking about it. More and more though, on a slightly different angle, is that I find people really want to have leaders tell them what to do. It is fascinating to me that people keep coming to me and pretty much doing everything I tell them to with nary a complaint! It is not that I am so brilliant, but I have a plan, I know what I think they can do and they are willing to go along with that for at least 90 minutes a week. So it is a big responsibility, too. But sooooo much fun!

Posted 2006-09-22 8:50 AM (#65021 - in reply to #64723)

ZB-thanks for your more thoughtful response. I think it's pretty neat that YF listened to your input. To see some of your suggestions come to fruition has to be satisfying. I'm going to infer that Beth also had backlash about taking all the spirtuality out of her trainings b/c that is what all of Level 3 is about. That is why I was so shocked that you said that-it is taught now, but I also had no idea that it had not been taught in the past.

when the program sought YA registration standards, they had to add some of the spiritual/philosophical elements back in because it's a required part of the curriculum. in the past, YF offered a weekend certification--that's it. you were welcome to take level 2, 3, and 4 certification and become a 'master teacher' (which would make you a teacher trainer in their organization), but most people took one weekend of training and considered themselves 'certified.' why? because the organization did too. they also didn't require any previous experience practicing yoga (which i believe is true today as well).

at the time, my issues with this were three fold:

1. yoga is intrinsicly spiritual; you cannot truly divorce the spiritual from the physical aspects of yoga asana. by ignoring this intrinsic connection--by not teaching to it--you set the teacher who then sets the student up for failure or injury. not necessarily physical injury, but deeper injuries that may arise because something deeper was accessed which the teacher--and therefore the student--has no context to explain or direct that experience into a positive expression of what is truly happening.

2. it is my belief, and one widely held in yoga circles, that yoga is deeply experiential. in order to know yoga, you have to do yoga. in order to teach yoga, you have to know yoga. a weekend course in asana is not enough time to have experienced yoga in a deep, personal and life-changing way (that's the goal of yoga, afterall) such that one can know, personally, the elements of point 1. and therefore, they cannot teach anything but asana--but asana, without spirituality or a recognition of it's spiritual component is simply 'gymnastics' (according to iyengar, among others).

3. yoga, taught by an inexperienced practitioner and a minimally trained 'teacher' is dangerous to students not only physically, but also in the energy body, mind, and spirit because of the depths at which yoga asana, pranayama, etc, functions.

I do not know, today, what beth shaw's take on these criticisms may be today. i understand that many of the things that many students and 'yoga folks' have discussed with her were taken into consideration when reconfiguring the program. I think that most of the elements that she has added are really great and positive for helping new teachers learn about yoga from a physically safe side and getting the basics of yoga philosophy/spirituality (again, it must really be 'lived' to be understood and taught, but nevertheless. . .it's a starting point--which is all teacher training really is anyway).

And i must also point out that the greatests criticism i have of MOST current yoga teacher trainings taught here locally is that they allow brand-new students to take teacher training, and at the end of 160 hours of training (40 hours of independent study as required by YA)--which is a 3 or 4 month program around here--they're certified to teach as much as someone else who has 4-5 years of experience in yoga and then a 1-2 year teacher training program (that was 200 or 500 hours).

this is a big concern for me--not only for the students of these teachcers but for the teachers themselves. i just feel it's not safe for either of them and the new student
tourist
Posted 2006-09-22 10:36 AM (#65047 - in reply to #65021)

Expert Yogi

I should also add here that I have issues with any system that does not require a teacher to have a personal practice. We are required to attend class regularly and maintain a practice and I think this is key to being a good teacher.
gaileee
Posted 2006-10-10 2:39 PM (#66784 - in reply to #62921)

Hmmm,
As one who is RYT under YogaFit, I have seen the YF organization evolved in the past few years that I've been involved with them. I took their first offering of Level 4 training (which did include more of the spirituality, sanskrit, anatomy, sutras, gita). This was when YF was in the process of becoming a Registred Yoga School through Yoga Alliance. To back track a bit, I know of YogaFit Master trainers leave the YF organization because their were getting more into the chakras, spirituality, sutras, etc....that they loved YF because at that time they did not deeply touch those areas...they offered safe versions of the more traditional yoga poses.

But because of the issues around Yoga Alliance and going to a RYS, YogaFit, like other yoga schools around the nation, stepped up their offerings to those who wanted a Yoga Alliance accepted school, with the benefit of being to schedule your trainings around your schedule. For me personally, it took less than 2 years to complete my RYT, through YogaFit.

In my area, there were a lot of traditionally trained yoga teachers (YogaYoga out of Austin, those who had trained under Lex Gillian out of Houston, and various other traditional yoga schools). Those teachers had eyed me suspicously of course, coming from the YogaFit side of trainings...but being open minded that they were, allowed me to participate in a "day of yoga" for the community, and were able to witness my teaching style (which, amazingly enough, was very similar to theirs) and had opening embraced me into their yoga community.

I am grateful for my training, as it has opened my eyes, and I am amazed at how much I don't know (as each of us, probably recognizes as being a teacher), and I continue to study, take classes from my mentors, and of course keep up my continuing education for my ryt level.

As far as trainers for YogaFit, they had to be ACE and AFAA and have all of the YogaFit trainings, plus the CPR, First Aid, AED trainings, and be invited from YogaFit to become a Master trainer for YogaFit. Now, they have to also be an E-RYT (RYT, plus 1000 teaching hours since becoming an RYT) as an additional qualification in order to teach for YF.

One of Yoga Alliance thoughts On YF, was they particularly liked the YogaFit Seniors training, and that they required that all students wanting to complete the 200 TT from YF take this particular training. Good training on all the modifications, props, etc for the different variety of senior populations, which of course, as you know, also flows over into other populations. I especially enjoyed the Prenatal YF training.

Just to give you another perspective on YogaFit training.

Namaste'
tourist
Posted 2006-10-11 11:04 AM (#66834 - in reply to #66784)

Expert Yogi

gaileee - 2006-10-10 11:39 AM
As far as trainers for YogaFit, they had to be ACE and AFAA and have all of the YogaFit trainings, plus the CPR, First Aid, AED trainings

This is nowhere near enough yoga background to be a master teacher IMHO.

and be invited from YogaFit to become a Master trainer for YogaFit.

This is meaningful if those doing the inviting are truly knowledgabel themselves.

Now, they have to also be an E-RYT (RYT, plus 1000 teaching hours since becoming an RYT) as an additional qualification in order to teach for YF.

This is good.

One of Yoga Alliance thoughts On YF, was they particularly liked the YogaFit Seniors training, and that they required that all students wanting to complete the 200 TT from YF take this particular training. Good training on all the modifications, props, etc for the different variety of senior populations, which of course, as you know, also flows over into other populations.

I am glad to hear this. Especially about the seniors stuff.

Glad you have found a yoga community for yourself! This is the biggest resource for any teacher - yoga or otherwise.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)