YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Weight losing Vacation
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Fitness -> General FitnessMessage format

arnego2
Posted 2006-09-12 4:46 PM (#64324)
Subject: Weight losing Vacation

Hello there,
To lose weight is difficult, especially when in your "normal" work environment. Snacks and fatty food are everywhere. On Vacation it could go the same way, but there are Vacations where weight losing is possible. In theory in any giving situation you should be able to do it. Just drink 3 glasses of Water before each meal and restrain form speedy eating. Chew more frequent than you are used to and remain calm when a feeding frenzy approaches you.

Where to go? Well a warmer country gives you a head start, higher temperatures help to surpress the feeling of raw hunger. Then if keeping busy and away from fast food restaurants a second chance arises. One can eat healthy and learn how to acquire discipline, enough to keep on at home what you learned on Vacation. The more calories you burn and the lower your meals are the higher your chances to lose what you like least.

kind regards
Arnego2
weightlosingvacation.com
Top of the page Bottom of the page
redrox
Posted 2006-09-12 5:52 PM (#64327 - in reply to #64324)
Subject: RE: Weight losing Vacation

Seems to me if those principles would work for you on vacation, then they should also work for you in your regular life, no? The excuse that one is surrounded by snacks and fatty foods everywhere you go, while it may be true, is simply still just an excuse. If you fuel your body with good healthy nutritional foods that support your health and well being on a regular basis during the day, then the desire/"need" to eat crap is often reduced.

Nice spam though!
Cyndi
Posted 2006-09-12 10:47 PM (#64345 - in reply to #64327)

Expert Yogi

My last real weight loss vacation was when I went to NYC for 3 weeks. I ate and ate and ate all kinds of food - there was a street festival going on in Little Italy...yum yum........although, it was really ALL the walking that made me drop several pounds and loose a few inches too,

I feel the same way when I go to the beach for a week...walking up and down the beach twice a day is the perfect exercise.
redrox
Posted 2006-09-13 12:11 AM (#64348 - in reply to #64324)

Or even doing a little asana on the beach is nice if it isn't crowded!
arnego2
Posted 2006-09-18 4:18 PM (#64698 - in reply to #64348)

redrox - 2006-09-13 12:11 AM

Or even doing a little asana on the beach is nice if it isn't crowded!

Well depending where you choose your stay to be at. Some beaches we have here on the Island are empty, others are full at least at high season. Problem in weight loss is always the discipline, one has to find it or to get guided to.

kind regards
Arnego2
weightlosingvacation.com

Edited by arnego2 2006-09-18 4:22 PM
abbot
Posted 2006-11-19 4:26 PM (#69711 - in reply to #64324)

Yeah this always has been a tough issue for me too. I have made every attempts possible to lose weight but things havent come off. It is not that I am a compulsive eater nor do I lead a sedentary lifestyle. Recently have joined the yoga classes hope that helps me in achieve me some weight loss.
SeldonSmith
Posted 2012-04-13 2:12 PM (#210337 - in reply to #64324)
Subject: Re: Weight losing Vacation

There are so many ways to reduce the weight like you can reduce the weight with the help of yoga and exercises, use Green tea which is so beneficial for the health,drink more and more water and eat healthy foods which contain good amount of vitamins and calcium.these all are the best ways to reduce the weight.

DeborahM
Posted 2012-04-17 3:59 AM (#210386 - in reply to #64324)

New User

You can really successfully lose your weight if you eat regularly and drinking lots of water which help you increase your metabolism and it is also advisable if you do some little exercise routine even if you are in a vacation.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)