YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tibetan Singing Bowls
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Ashtanga YogaMessage format

SingingBowl
Posted 2006-09-22 3:23 AM (#65004)
Subject: Tibetan Singing Bowls

Does anyone know how large singing bowls get? I have a 14" bowl I purchased from www.silverskyimports.com last year. I am wondering if there is anything larger out there? Let me know.

John

Edited by SingingBowl 2006-09-22 3:23 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
AKBrooker1
Posted 2006-09-23 1:26 AM (#65151 - in reply to #65004)
Subject: RE: Tibetan Singing Bowls

I know Singing Rainbow out of Austin Texas has larger bowls.

Posted 2006-09-23 11:07 AM (#65174 - in reply to #65004)

SingingBowl - 2006-09-22 3:23 AM

Does anyone know how large singing bowls get? I have a 14" bowl I purchased from www.silverskyimports.com last year. I am wondering if there is anything larger out there? Let me know.

John

you mean your own shop silverskyimports, which you've already advertised here
http://www.yoga.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=22547
and here
http://www.yoga.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=22548

mishoga
Posted 2006-09-24 3:00 PM (#65247 - in reply to #65004)

Expert Yogi

Uh Oh

Mish
karl
Posted 2006-09-25 5:18 AM (#65293 - in reply to #65174)

I couldn't believe the amount of people that tried to jump on my back when i first started yoga. "you need to buy this", "and this", "and your really not practicing yoga correctly if you haven't got one of these".

Isn't one of the great things about yoga the lack of nessesaty for items. All you need is yourself?
Mary A
Posted 2006-10-29 4:00 PM (#68454 - in reply to #65004)

They have some more large ones up at http://www.silverskyimports.com/category/Singing_Bowls.html

Posted 2006-10-29 7:28 PM (#68458 - in reply to #65004)

sock puppet, I'm thinking.
SCThornley
Posted 2006-10-30 9:14 AM (#68479 - in reply to #65293)

karl - 2006-09-25 5:18 AM

I couldn't believe the amount of people that tried to jump on my back when i first started yoga. "you need to buy this", "and this", "and your really not practicing yoga correctly if you haven't got one of these".

Isn't one of the great things about yoga the lack of nessesaty for items. All you need is yourself?

not that I'm against them

but

You don't even need props
although I do like my sticky mat

Edited by SCThornley 2006-10-30 9:17 AM
loli
Posted 2006-10-30 9:47 AM (#68482 - in reply to #65004)

Edited by loli 2006-10-30 9:55 AM
loli
Posted 2006-10-30 9:48 AM (#68483 - in reply to #65004)

Edited by loli 2006-10-30 9:56 AM
loli
Posted 2006-10-30 9:55 AM (#68484 - in reply to #65004)

I just hope that companies selling Tibetian artefacts are doing their best to help the Tibetians who are being so badly treated by the chinese government. China is trying to destroy Tibet ;it's people and culture. Did you hear the latest about how they (the Chinese Government) are trying to say that The Dalai Lama is the head of a 'cult' and they want to destroy thei Tibetian religion
check this link
http://www.xeni.net/trek/2006/08/china-pledges-fight-to-death-with.html
SCThornley
Posted 2006-10-30 10:34 AM (#68487 - in reply to #68484)

loli - 2006-10-30 9:55 AM

I just hope that companies selling Tibetian artefacts are doing their best to help the Tibetians who are being so badly treated by the chinese government. China is trying to destroy Tibet ;it's people and culture. Did you hear the latest about how they (the Chinese Government) are trying to say that The Dalai Lama is the head of a 'cult' and they want to destroy thei Tibetian religion
check this link
http://www.xeni.net/trek/2006/08/china-pledges-fight-to-death-with.html

Wow, you know the human rights violations that take place in China and their policies towards [not only Tibet] their local geography is certainly good reason to oppose the Communist Government.

Funny how certain Politicians in the USA take political contributions from Red Army China , and how the entire world has flocked to their low cost labor manufacturing economy.

Ultimately though, the one child policy in China is a massive failure for their social structure [economically, psychologically, emotionally] and their economy can not be sustained because of that policy...and so their influence will eventually recede.

Another nightmare in China is the environmental impact all of the manufacturing practices that got shipped out of first world economies to China because of the risk.

Another nightmare in China is the [lack of]Justice System.

The Tibetans are not the only ones to suffer at the hands of the most Murderous Government of all time. The People of China suffer greatly and will continue to do so, because that is the way of the Chinese Leadership. For over 5,000 years their political system has been a corrupt oppressive system that keeps the Power Structure Status Quo intact, and unfortunately the rest of the Power Elite in the world have been taking notes.

It's a sad situation that will obviously get worse, because the first world economies profit from the Chinese Power Structure Status Quo.

Cyndi
Posted 2006-10-30 11:27 AM (#68493 - in reply to #68487)

Expert Yogi

Last week I was contacted by one of my really good Tibetan friends who is a Rinpoche. He lives in Charlottesville, Va. He was extremely upset about the incident where these Chinese soldiers shot and killed a Tibetan refugee who was travelling on foot at the border of Nepal. A tourist happen to have caught this on tape. The reason this upset my friend was obvious of course, but also because he himself escaped to India this way several years ago. You have no idea how difficult it is to make that trek crossing through the Himalayas. Some Tibetans die trying to make the trip, and then to be shot on sight once you've almost reached your journey??? What is wrong with this picture?? I cannot even describe how hard this is to do, especially when you do not have resources and warm clothing.

Anyway, I HATE anything made in China. Its really unfortunate that here in the states we are bombarded with all their junk and crap! You can thank our wonderful leaders for outsourcing American clothing factories and all the other industry that has left our country, and putting them out of business.

Remember Wal-mart how they used to advertise, "MADE IN THE USA"...Yea right?? Less than 25% of the goods sold in their stores is made in the USA. I guess the good news is that now we are slowly dwindling down our factories and plants...maybe it will help our environment...less pollution. Let Asia have all the pollution, huh??
SCThornley
Posted 2006-10-30 11:37 AM (#68495 - in reply to #65004)

http://www.current.tv/watch/10190034.htm

happy new year

Edited by SCThornley 2006-10-30 11:39 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)