YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

yoga teaching
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga TeachersMessage format

yeti99in
Posted 2006-09-22 12:29 PM (#65063)
Subject: yoga teaching

Hari Om

I have been seeing on and off about the the advertisements regarding the yoga teachers wanted
in different parts of the world. Why not have a group exclusively training the theory aspects according patanjali and equip the people who are interested to go through the same freely and after attaining sufficient knowledge they could develop the personal contact with the teacher to undergo practical training.

any takers to the idea!!!
i would like to form a group of teachers who are ready to share their knowledge for knowledge sake not for returns

with love
yeti
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2006-09-22 1:08 PM (#65070 - in reply to #65063)
Subject: RE: yoga teaching

In classical yoga teaching the student took care of the needs of the teacher. That allowed the teacher to teach for "free". And this may still work. As my teacher says "I will teach for free. But when my children need clothes, the cupboard needs food, and the house needs cleaning then you will handle such matters".

yeti99in
Posted 2006-09-23 11:11 AM (#65175 - in reply to #65070)

Dear Friend

it is the giver who gets more than he gives to. Imagine if God were to be like us where we would have been? we should not be bartenders of knowledge

Posted 2006-09-23 1:04 PM (#65185 - in reply to #65175)

While that's beautiful and inherently true we do ive in the society we live in. And I think the Divine wold prefer we tend to our responsibilities in the society in which we live. Not to blackmail knowledge to others but to seek abundance enough to achieve our dharma and no more.
tourist
Posted 2006-09-23 7:59 PM (#65204 - in reply to #65063)

Expert Yogi

yeti - back in the 60's a lot of peopel tried this sort of a system. They tried teaching for free and were a) not taken seriously b) taken advantage of c) starving. People tend to not value that which they receive without payment.
GreenJello
Posted 2006-09-24 1:38 AM (#65208 - in reply to #65204)

tourist - 2006-09-23 7:59 PM
People tend to not value that which they receive without payment.

It's very true. Capitalism is a very flawed system, but so far it's proven better than any other at rewarding people for their personal efforts.
Arjuna Weeping
Posted 2006-09-24 5:37 PM (#65253 - in reply to #65175)

"we should not be bartenders of knowledge "

I never sell my knowledge as a Yoga teacher. Students pay for the venue and my time, the knowledge, experience and deep level of care with which I tend to them are all free

Anyway, teaching Yoga is NEVER about knowledge, it is about experience.

And Yeti, since you are expressing an opinion on the ethics of how some of us make a living, perhaps you might share with us how you pay the bills that we might likewise comment? I would hazard a guess that you do not offer your services for free.

Cheers,

Scott

Posted 2006-09-24 11:32 PM (#65278 - in reply to #65253)

Well said Arjuna, this piece about teaching. The teacher is always available for the student, or other teachers, but not at the risk of their own well being.

Arjuna Weeping - 2006-09-24 2:37 PM

"we should not be bartenders of knowledge "

I never sell my knowledge as a Yoga teacher. Students pay for the venue and my time, the knowledge, experience and deep level of care with which I tend to them are all free

Anyway, teaching Yoga is NEVER about knowledge, it is about experience.

And Yeti, since you are expressing an opinion on the ethics of how some of us make a living, perhaps you might share with us how you pay the bills that we might likewise comment? I would hazard a guess that you do not offer your services for free.

Cheers,

Scott
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)