YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

a good cry feeling & the heat
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Ashtanga YogaMessage format

Amy
Posted 2006-10-09 2:07 PM (#66723)
Subject: a good cry feeling & the heat

Does anybody have the feeling as if you had a good cry after a class/practice? How do you feel about it? How would you handle about it after class or go thorugh rest of the day?

Also, another question, we often generate a lot of heat through our breath, how can we make sure that we are not over do/stretch?

Thanks in advance...
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kulkarnn
Posted 2006-10-09 9:57 PM (#66748 - in reply to #66723)
Subject: RE: a good cry feeling & the h

Amy - 2006-10-09 2:07 PM

Does anybody have the feeling as if you had a good cry after a class/practice? How do you feel about it? How would you handle about it after class or go thorugh rest of the day?

Also, another question, we often generate a lot of heat through our breath, how can we make sure that we are not over do/stretch?

Thanks in advance...

After the cry is over, practice smiling for a sufficient amount of time. If there is no sufficient time left, cut down the workout time and use that time for smiling practice.

Lot of heat should not be generated. Only sufficient amount of heat should be generated. Whether you overstretched or not shall be known next day. If you feel it was overstretch, next time reduce it.
SCThornley
Posted 2006-10-09 10:16 PM (#66751 - in reply to #66723)

my Ashtanga yogasana practice always leaves me feeling cleaner

healthier

and
better looking in the mirror

DownwardDog
Posted 2006-10-10 3:49 AM (#66758 - in reply to #66723)

Yoga stimulates the nervous system so it can happen that you feel a bit sensitive, yoga stirs up all sorts of emotions! If it happens with me, I just carry on with my day after a little quiet time after my practice. It cleans you body and your mind!

You should feel when you're overstretching. If its hot you're more open so it's not that you overstretch. If you feel something quite powerful, back off.

You should be working at 80% of your body's capacity, not 100%. If you work at 80% and stretch a bit more you're still safe, but if you're at a 100% and stretch out more than usual, you might be at 104% or something and hurt yourself.

dragonfly
Posted 2006-10-10 6:12 AM (#66759 - in reply to #66723)

strange that you get a crying feeling, I wouldn't practice if it happened to me, but then we are all different. For me it makes me very energetic with quite a buzz, similar but not as intense as after going for a run or even a sess on some marching powder I don't feel like this after going to gym, usually knackered, so this is why I have kept up ashtanga, I really know and feel that it is doing me good and not just some Indian cod-excercise to delude ourselves with.

I've often seem to over-stretch, and feel it 2/3 days after. But you know when you are stretching as you ease into it, if you find yourself pushing/forcing then you are probably overstretching. But then to advance you will have to find the thing line between and keep the balance, which will come with regular practice.

Edited by dragonfly 2006-10-10 6:17 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)