YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

charge for workshops?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga TeachersMessage format

zenergy47
Posted 2006-10-11 2:03 PM (#66857)
Subject: charge for workshops?

as a teacher what do u charge for doing a workshop? i am looking to hold a beginner workshop at one of my studios that i teach at.. should it be the same price you get paid per student or a different rate?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
mishoga
Posted 2006-10-11 2:24 PM (#66861 - in reply to #66857)
Subject: RE: charge for workshops?

Expert Yogi

Your spliting percentages with the studio????? Yes????

Mish
PS- How long is the workshop?
kulkarnn
Posted 2006-10-11 2:31 PM (#66862 - in reply to #66857)

zenergy47 - 2006-10-11 2:03 PM

as a teacher what do u charge for doing a workshop? i am looking to hold a beginner workshop at one of my studios that i teach at.. should it be the same price you get paid per student or a different rate?

In my workshops, this is what I do:

a) if the studio itself including their students community is poor, I give them workshop for whatever they can afford.

b) if the studio is rich and students are rich, I set a minimum for myself. And, then I ask studio to split 50/50 if the total revenue is more than twice of my minimum.

c) If the studio I want to give workshop wants to pay only fixed price, but is not a poor community, I charge what I think is my average requirement, not my worth. Because my worth can not be quantified by money. Money is only my requirement for living. (For example, if someone takes my private class I charge 60 dollars, though it is worth thousands for some!)

d) I teach a class whether there is one student or hundreds all the same. I have taught a class with 1 student and upto 300 (actually 600 came, and there was room only for 300. It is available on video.) And, if no one comes, I teach class to myself.

Posted 2006-10-11 3:21 PM (#66869 - in reply to #66857)

while my situation follow's neels in many instancse, the most common process for me is this:

for a 3 hr workshop, the workshop costs $45/student. I get 60% of what comes in the door; the studio gets 40%. This is if the studio is 'hosting' and advertising the workshop.

Posted 2006-10-11 6:44 PM (#66913 - in reply to #66862)

Yo Neel!
For the simple, loving being we all know you to be that is some complicated stuff brother.

Z what is your time worth to you?
It's a completely different angle a tthe same question. And I'm merely posing it for thought as it would be really odd if you based it on that in a free market economy.

From a business standpoint if you are competing, then you've got to know something about price point.
What are others in your market charging? Do you want to be the low cost producer or do you prefer to follow a niche/focus path where you are offering something so unique that your price point is less significant.

kulkarnn - 2006-10-11 11:31 AM

a) if the studio itself including their students community is poor, I give them workshop for whatever they can afford.

b) if the studio is rich and students are rich, I set a minimum for myself. And, then I ask studio to split 50/50 if the total revenue is more than twice of my minimum.

c) If the studio I want to give workshop wants to pay only fixed price, but is not a poor community, I charge what I think is my average requirement, not my worth. Because my worth can not be quantified by money. Money is only my requirement for living. (For example, if someone takes my private class I charge 60 dollars, though it is worth thousands for some!)

d) I teach a class whether there is one student or hundreds all the same. I have taught a class with 1 student and upto 300 (actually 600 came, and there was room only for 300. It is available on video.) And, if no one comes, I teach class to myself.

Edited by purnayoga 2006-10-11 6:47 PM
kulkarnn
Posted 2006-10-11 10:22 PM (#66923 - in reply to #66913)

purnayoga - 2006-10-11 6:44 PM

Yo Neel!
For the simple, loving being we all know you to be that is some complicated stuff brother.

Z what is your time worth to you?
It's a completely different angle a tthe same question. And I'm merely posing it for thought as it would be really odd if you based it on that in a free market economy.

From a business standpoint if you are competing, then you've got to know something about price point.
What are others in your market charging? Do you want to be the low cost producer or do you prefer to follow a niche/focus path where you are offering something so unique that your price point is less significant.

kulkarnn - 2006-10-11 11:31 AM

Now, I need an interpreter in order to understand what brother Purnayoga wrote or asked? Any volunteers?
zenergy47
Posted 2006-10-11 11:37 PM (#66928 - in reply to #66857)

that is around the idea that i was looking to do.. we are debating having the workshop one day or having it be a 4 week series...

in the case of a seriees. i was going to charge a base price plus a percentage of the money...
so I guess i am along the idea of what was said..
thanks
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)