YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Art of Thai Yoga Massage - DC
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Massage -> Oriental MassageMessage format

inspiredyogini
Posted 2006-10-11 4:08 PM (#66874)
Subject: Art of Thai Yoga Massage - DC

Great opportunity to study with Saul David Raye. November 9, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. $120. In this one-day intensive workshop you will learn the basics of Thai Yoga Massage and an effective sequence to open the life energy in the whole body / mind. You will also gain a deeper understanding of of true healing work and how to effectively bring this energy into your life. No prior massage or Yoga experience is necessary. We will work comfortably clothed on mats on the floor, you may sign up with a friend or come alone. A handout is included, this workshop is open to everyone. Great for Yogi’s, massage therapists, healers and anyone sincerely interested in learning this work. Please bring a blanket and a yoga mat.

For more information and to register: www.inspiredyoga.com/saul.htm#thai.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
LiseW
Posted 2006-10-29 3:24 PM (#68451 - in reply to #66874)
Subject: RE: Art of Thai Yoga Massage - DC

yes- do it.
massagelondon
Posted 2007-01-08 2:06 AM (#73230 - in reply to #66874)
Subject: http://www.massagelondon.org

one day is not ehough to learn thai yoga massage or any other form of massage - you need a minimum of 30 h workshop for a basic course,allowing to do an 1h treatment
Bay Guy
Posted 2007-01-09 10:06 PM (#73479 - in reply to #66874)

Expert Yogi

Can you explain what "Thai Yoga Massage" is?  I'm not familiar with the term.

... bg

ellen
Posted 2007-01-09 10:16 PM (#73481 - in reply to #73479)
Subject: RE: Art of Thai Yoga Massage -

I looked it up online, bg, and it looked really fun! Oh, now I remember how it started. I was looking at zoebird's website, and she offers a class of thai yoga for couples- it looked so cool, esp something fun to do with my hubby, but alas, no couples classes in my area. Also, I would be way too shy to do it with a stranger, but my husband has a way of making me laugh and pissing me off at the same time, which is always good fun.

anyway, just google it and you will see what I mean- yum!

ps he can press 700 lbs with his legs (he is built like a tank, mongolian ancestry), so my weight would not be much of a problem... no more than I put up with from his tummy at times, if you know what I mean I warn him that we can't BOTH be fat, and I was here first
ellen
Posted 2007-01-11 3:22 AM (#73650 - in reply to #73481)

Ok, I was bragging about my husband (all true, every bit of it : ))* but as I've been reading around the posts, it seems that oriental massage is looked at as not real yoga. It is a study, you can just have fun with it on your way. It won't be the same as if you dedicated your life to it, but you don't need to, to have fun with it.

xox

*and cleverly complaining about him at the same time : )
ellen
Posted 2007-01-11 3:30 AM (#73651 - in reply to #73650)

...and shame on you for chasing away the girls in igor yoga!* (No one was even using the space!) I still really like you, though : ) brute!

*uh-oh, no offense, no offense to anyone, i don't even know what the iv----a yoga is, i just couldn't remember how to spell it. I am a yoga idiot : )

Posted 2007-01-11 8:04 AM (#73670 - in reply to #66874)

one day courses make for fun introductions--a teach a lot of very short courses for couples and they often take away one or two things from it that they can use. it certainlyl doesn't 'certify' them to do it on others, but it is a fun thing for themselves.

thai yoga massage is a healing/medical modality from thailand. it is ayurvedic in origin, coming to thailand via buddhism. utilizing various forms of pressure (and hand gestures to deliver that pressure), thai massage works various meridians and marma points, does certain yoga stretches fully assisted, and works not only at the physical but also at the energetic levels.

thai massage is 1/3 of the medical process in thailand--the other two parts are the herbalism and the religious/spiritual practices. nearly 95% of the country is buddhist, so the spiritual practices rest there, but of course it can fit within any spiritual discipline.

i find it to be a really fabulous modality--a lot of fun and deeply restorative/healing.
citytreats
Posted 2011-12-31 7:45 AM (#209736 - in reply to #66874)

As per my knowledge, Thai yoga massage is gaining in popularity at spas, and training for practitioners in private practice is increasingly popular. A Thai Massage course is always a spiritual experience that combines meditation and the practice of loving-kindness.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)