YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Greetings from Miami!
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga WorkshopsMessage format

joscmt
Posted 2006-10-28 6:54 AM (#68394)
Subject: Greetings from Miami!

Hey all,
well, I made it down here and man, is it pretty here! I went to Yoga Dance Trance last night with Shiva Rea- it was awesome! A completely different experience than I had ever had. Check your ego at the door and have some fun!
Mish- no wonder you are so excited about it! Now, I totally see what you mean!

Here's what's on the menu today:
Yogic Arts Warrior Salutation with Duncan Wong
Radiant Heart: Expanding our Heart's Field within Yoga with Shiva Rea
Arm Balances: Learning to Stand on Your Own Two Hands with Nicki Doane & Eddie Modestini

Afterwards- some ocean, pool, and hot tub time!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
jonnie
Posted 2006-10-28 9:05 AM (#68396 - in reply to #68394)
Subject: RE: Greetings from Miami!

Have an excellent time.

I bet Nicki Doane will be wonderful. I think she is a lovely person.

Jonathon
joscmt
Posted 2006-10-28 10:06 PM (#68420 - in reply to #68394)

Thanks Jonnie! Today was wonderful- I learned soooo much.. I'm pretty tired though- I'm not used to massive amounts of yoga in one day. I really like Shiva Rea. Duncan Wong's fusion yoga was cool too- but not for someone who was looking for a traditional yoga- there was dancing and martial arts, yoga asana, kicks, punches, and lots o' rap/dance music! At one point, I remember thinking- "is this song referring to ladies as *****es and hoes?" It wasn't meant to be offensive- but a far cry from the singing bowl performance in Shiva Rea's class. His was definitely more physical. Well, her's was too- but also focused on the spirituality and heart. It was really interesting. Nicki and Eddie's class was really helpful too- I was finally able to make it into bakasana for more than a split second (only 4 or 5- but, hey, any improvement is better than nothing). I really learned about hip openers in that class- things I could do to get them even more open!
Anyhoo.. on to tomorrow...
redrox
Posted 2006-11-01 4:31 PM (#68717 - in reply to #68394)

Sounds like a fun time and an educational one too. Shiva Rae is coming back to our studios for a worshop in a few weeks, but it appears to be her "Fluid Power" workshop which I went to last year. Based on what I've read here, I'd give her Dance Trance a shot if she offers that here when she comes through.

Any more updates or thoughts now that you're back in the daily grind of things at home?
joscmt
Posted 2006-11-02 6:28 PM (#68811 - in reply to #68394)

Well, it was good to get back to my routine.. I never filled in on the second day. It was awesome too! I ended up hanging on the beach with Shiva et al after her wave movement class (might have been the fluid power). In the morning, I went to an inversion class and learned some key entry points for some of the inversions (places to start as a beginner), the Shiva's class, and then I finished with a class with Mark Whitwell about developing your personal practice. It was awesome! He was like watching a ray of light. It was great! The first part of class was lecture, the second a restorative vinyasa with ujjayi breathing (he came around and listened to each person- I really learned about this breath- I had the exhale, but not the inhale) The lecture part was fabulous- a lot to go into here, but he does have a book...
I had a lot of breakthroughs down there- both physical and emotional. Funny, I went to my regular 1 hour class last night and, after 7- 2hour yoga sessions of the weekend, I thought, this is it?? Hahahaha.. it felt so easy...
BTW, I can finally hold bakasana!!!! happened for the first time this weekend and three times since!! yeah!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)