YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How much calorie will we burn
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Ashtanga YogaMessage format

jingjing2006
Posted 2006-11-07 10:56 AM (#68955)
Subject: How much calorie will we burn

I am wondering if anyone has idea how much calorie we will burn by practisng 1 or 1.5 hour Ashtanga yoga.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Miabella704
Posted 2006-11-09 10:37 PM (#69085 - in reply to #68955)
Subject: RE: How much calorie will we burn

I've heard it is about 300 + an hour, maybe more. Also, another consideration is that you are building muscle that burns more calories per day than fat does. It's good all the way around but if you're looking to lose a few pounds you will still need to cut calories. It's hard to drop weight from exercise alone especially for those of us over thirty.
tourist
Posted 2006-11-10 10:09 AM (#69101 - in reply to #68955)

Expert Yogi

welcome back jingjing - how are you doing?
jingjing2006
Posted 2006-11-10 2:17 PM (#69124 - in reply to #69101)

Hey tourist

Thanks for remebering me . I am quite busy lately. But I am still doing 5 times ashtanga yoga a week. I lost my password, so i can't post my message for a while.

I made a little progress,however I found my hips are really tight, esepcially left side. I can't do full lotus or grab my feet from the back. Any posture requiring open hip is difficult to me. It's kinda of depressing to me. I knew it takes time to change my body, however I worried that I never be able to make it through.
lsbjoe
Posted 2006-11-15 10:36 AM (#69374 - in reply to #68955)

I think that the process of trying to be healthy causes us to take in less calories so we do not have to burn as many.

Also I think that when a person feels good they are less likely to want to over eat because of the heavy feeling you get.

Question: Do you get to count caleries as burnt if you decided not to consume them to start with?
kulkarnn
Posted 2006-11-15 6:26 PM (#69426 - in reply to #69374)
Subject: RE: How much calorie will we

lsbjoe - 2006-11-15 10:36 AM

I think that the process of trying to be healthy causes us to take in less calories so we do not have to burn as many.

Also I think that when a person feels good they are less likely to want to over eat because of the heavy feeling you get.

Question: Do you get to count caleries as burnt if you decided not to consume them to start with?

Fantastic statement! Eat less and count them as burnt. Thank you.
jingjing2006
Posted 2006-11-18 7:31 PM (#69653 - in reply to #69374)

lsbjoe - 2006-11-15 10:36 AM

I have been c ounting my daily carolie for almost 2 years now. I ate roughly on 1400 carolie per day. But I want to lose another 3 lbs , so i have to exercise more to burn them
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)