YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dislocated Elbow
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Fitness -> Injuries and rehabMessage format

Margarita
Posted 2006-11-20 12:36 AM (#69726)
Subject: Dislocated Elbow

Hi!

I have a relative who a few months ago suffered from a dislocated elbow; could you recommend any yoga therapy (poses) that may help?

Thank you.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2006-11-20 2:16 AM (#69728 - in reply to #69726)
Subject: RE: Dislocated Elbow

Hello Margarita,

Welcome to the board.

Yoga therapy is a skill executed by well trained teachers. It is oversimplified to suggest a few asanas (poses) and expect that alone to be therapeutic. In each pose there is alignment and action. In the instance of an injured student, whether that injury is depression or a dislocated elbow, the alignments and actions are modified to custom fit the student much the way a dress or suit is custom fit.

When not fit in this manner the effectiveness is greatly reduced, if not completely absent.
And I've not even mentioned the contraindications - that set of things that the injured person should NOT be doing as it will aggravate their condition in some way, shape, or form.

A dislocated joint can be very unstable. Unstable joints require safety to be overengineered especially when they are weight bearing, IF they are weight bearing.

There are specific ways to re-stabilize a joint but this should be left to highly trained, certified, senior teachers in a private session (though it can be handled well by some senior teachers in a class setting).

If you tell me where you are located I may be able to steer you in that direction but I cannot, my dear, prescribe some asanas to aleviate your relative's dis-ease.

Edited by purnayoga 2006-11-20 2:21 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)