YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Frustration
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Ashtanga YogaMessage format

jingjing2006
Posted 2006-11-24 9:30 AM (#70016)
Subject: Frustration

Hey guys

Lately I felt frustrated about my practice. I have been practicing Ashtaga for 6 months. However I found my energy level start to go down gradually. At beginning, I was able to do 6 days full pratice on prmiary serie 1 plus another gym exercise. Right now I only can do 4 or 5 days practice, the lenght of practice only 1 hour on the average.

I do have changed my lifestyle a little, since I became a commuter and work in a busy enviorment. I wonder if the busy work and stress driving impact on the yoga practice.

Is Ashtanga suppose to help me ease the stress and building strong body? Right now it seems that it doesn't help me at all.

Anyone can help me on this ?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2006-11-24 9:47 AM (#70017 - in reply to #70016)
Subject: RE: Frustration

I think the tell for your situation is in your statement,"...I wonder if the busy work and stress driving impact on the yoga practice." In my experience, yes. Plus, the fact that you are at the 6 month milestone--initially you got into this new found practice enthusiastically--it was new, fun, exciting. It made you feel better and was a mental challenge and emotional catharsis. That honeymoon period is over and with the changes in your life, all those factors combine to produce a feeling of of perhaps some dissapointment. The practice of physical asana is not self-sustaining and you can't hope to keep it forever as your number one priority putting other facets of your life on hold--be content to get to that class as you can without sacrificing other aspects of your life. Start your home practice now to augment a full class. We're going for balance in life here.
kulkarnn
Posted 2006-11-26 6:12 AM (#70105 - in reply to #70016)
Subject: RE: Frustration

jingjing2006 - 2006-11-24 9:30 AM

Hey guys
I wonder if the busy work and stress driving impact on the yoga practice.
===> Of course.

Is Ashtanga suppose to help me ease the stress and building strong body? Right now it seems that it doesn't help me at all.
===> Yes, if you are following all the required tenets of an Integrated Yoga Life Style.

Anyone can help me on this ?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)