YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dance Yoga Teacher Training?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga WorkshopsMessage format

Yoga Freak
Posted 2006-11-25 12:23 AM (#70042)
Subject: Dance Yoga Teacher Training?

Hi everyone,
I'm desperately in need of some information on international dance-yoga teacher training programmes. Unfortunately, since there aren't any classes where I live, I haven't attended any. It all started when I came across Susan Fulton's Yoga Dance video. Though it was very limited and full of repetitions, I liked the idea. Well, I searched the net for any information on the trends, workshops, ... every now and then. But there is almost nothing there! The only thing I found is the Yoga Meets Dance programme, and they offer teacher training courses. But I'd like to have more options, and of course more information on the programme itself. I'm sure there are other studios that offer similar programmes, because I came across a few yoga studio websites that offer the classes. So, I really appreciate if anyone here can help me to find out more about the styles and courses. I am looking for something that uses only/or mostly yoga postures, combining them in a graceful flow that is in harmony with music. Thank you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
tourist
Posted 2006-11-25 10:06 AM (#70058 - in reply to #70042)
Subject: RE: Dance Yoga Teacher Training?

Expert Yogi

Nima - I love dance and I love yoga, but I am not a fan of the hybrid yogadance or whatever. If by any chance I was looking at such a program I would want a teacher who was extremely well versed in both dance and yoga so that there was a true understanding of both disciplines and how they intersect. While you are looking for a hybrid program, I would suggest delving seriously in one or the other.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)